Can't get activated
3281 8 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Boye
New

United Kingdom

Just got my Mavic Pro today … and not very happy!

Previously had a Phantom 4 (now sold to buy the Mavic) running perfectly on a Samsung A3 with Android 6.0.1 and DJI GO.

When connecting the same phone to the Mavic, DJI GO opens but repeatedly flashes the “USB connect” message at a speed too brief to click on. So I deleted DJI GO and downloaded DJI GO 4 instead as advised in the downloaded user guide – but this has the same problem.

So I waited until I got home and borrowed a Huawei on Android 5. This fared better, but got stuck at the activation stage when it constantly denied I had internet access even though it was on full strength next to the router and also with mobile coverage. In fact, at one point I was receiving incoming WhatsApp messages at the same time that the DJI App was saying “network unavailable”.

I see that neither of these phones are on the approved list, but they ran DJI GO perfectly before, and are both above the spec of Android 4. So any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
2017-1-5
Use props
IrGovXpUArDQ
lvl.1
Canada

This is happening right now, it looks like the activation servers are down, i am in the same boat as you bud.
2017-1-5
Use props
Boye
New

United Kingdom

Well, I've been trying different things all day without success ... seems like a long time for servers to be down?
2017-1-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, the issue has been reported and we're working on it now, will get it fixed soon.
2017-1-6
Use props
FerraStar
New

Australia

Is there any further word to this? surely the servers would have been fixed by now
2017-1-6
Use props
Skyler36
New

United States

I got my Mavic Pro on the wrong day, lol.   Waited 2 months on a back order & now this but I will be patient.
I was so eager to get started but some things are simply worth the wait.
I hope you get it back working soon, I will get back to making sure everything is charged up
and check back periodically.   Thanks for any updates.
2017-1-6
Use props
New Flyer
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks I have been trying all day thought it was me try later
2017-1-6
Use props
Boye
New

United Kingdom

Update Part 1: The good news is that the activation service starting working late on Friday afternoon and I'm now up and running. For anyone interested, my Samsung A3 on Android 6.0.1 seems to run DGI GO 4 alright, provided it is rebooted just beforehand. You need to disable auto brightness too, because the Mavic's clasp covers the light sensor and that makes the display go dim otherwise.

Update Part 2: I'm not impressed with DJI customer service though. This was my first time use of support CHAT, where the agent promised to let me know by email as soon as the activation server was back up - it being pretty frustrating to have waited months for the Mavic to arrive and then couldn't use it. With no email arriving after leaving ample time, I simply started re-trying at intervals until it worked. I'm still waiting for that promised email several days later ...     

2017-1-9
Use props
Lonewolf5
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3402 ft
  • >>>
United States

I took my mavic out hiking and forgot to activate it before i left so when i took it out, it asked for the activation but i had no service so i just packed up and came back home. Since then, no activation has popped up anymore and my app wont even read my phone that its connected to the RC and Drone. Please help.
2017-2-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules