Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
SHOOTING INDOR (CAVERN) - Barometer issue when indoor pressure changes !
1100 3 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
info
New

Switzerland

Hi DJI and members !

I would like to use the Inspire 1 in an undergroud big room (size of a football stadium and 40 metres high !)
This is a big underground cavern for a hydroelectric power plant, and this is in construction now.

Off course I will not have the GPS signal.

But my question is the following :

Because there is huge ventillation to bring fresh air, I think the pressure could change rappidly if they increase
or decrease the ventilation.

So in such a case what would be the drone response ?

1 - I think if it's going down it will see the floor with it's sensors and not crash (stop descending), correct ?
2 -  If it's going up, will it go like 15 meter and crash to the roof of the cavern ? or will it's gyroscopics sensors will tell him to stop assending ? or other safety things that I don't know ?

In advance a big thank you for your answer, it will be very helpfull for undergroud shooting !

Robin Favre - Director
EXAO Productions - Switzerland

2015-2-15
Use props
lrwskyfilms
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Hi, AFAIK it's best to keep it in ATTI mode, still will stop GPS signal interference.

1. to a point yes, but the sensors won't work over a all one colour white/black floor, it needs patterns so it can recognise the distance.

2. fly ATTI, then you have control.
I'm sure others with more experience and knowledge will be along. BTW love your Country, the Chur to Brig area is my favourite for camping.
2015-2-15
Use props
rmaxwell.dccnet
First Officer
Flight distance : 698661 ft
  • >>>
Canada

lrwskyfilms Posted at 2015-2-15 21:13
Hi, AFAIK it's best to keep it in ATTI mode, still will stop GPS signal interference.

1. to a point ...

With regard to point 1....the altitude is sensed by an ultrasonic acoustic sounder system.  It only requires that the surface reflect sound.  It only works up to an altitude of 2.5 meters.   

You are confusing the camera in the bottom of the i1 that detects horizontal motion if there is a texture in the surface.

With regard to point 2...In ATTI mode, the altitude is kept constant by the barometric sensor, so you may have a problem with pressure changes.  You do not have full manual control in ATTI mode.  It is still a fly by wire system.  The i1 is kept level via gyros and accelerometers and the altitude is measured by the barometric and the ultrasonic sensor.  Proceed with caution.
2015-2-15
Use props
info
New

Switzerland

Thank you guys for your answers, so to be clear :

1 - It won't crash down because of the "ultrasonic acoustic system" unless the ground doesn't reflect the sound, of course...

2 - There is no way to deactivate the barometric ? like on my f550 ? I can do full manual with the f550 .... so I just have to be very careful when I fly indoor... not to close to the roof.... so in case of a pressure change, I can pull down throttles , right ?

Thank you for all your help !

Robin
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules