Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Connecting mavic to dji assistant
12Next >
86207 53 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SolSa
New

Philippines

This is the only thing that comes out when i open and connected my assistant app to the mavic,i cant find any button or anything else to go to the next option. i installed the app together with the installation after that.
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 11.09.10 AM.png
2017-1-5
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Once your Mavic is connected to the computer and the DJI Assistant 2 is running, turn on the power to the Mavic. Once the Mavic is powered on the DJI A2 will see the drone and connect.

follow the instructions in these videos below.

Make sure you download the latest version of DJI Assistant  as of 4/6/2017  Version 1.1.0_2

I hope this helps
All the best
Rich

2017-1-5
Use props
SolSa
New

Philippines

found the problem already, its the usb cable that has problem
2017-1-5
Use props
wheezy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 86755 ft
United States

Having this same problem. I've tried 4 different cables with no luck, including DJI cable, high end logitec cable, GoPro Cable, and a generic monoprice cable. Drone is just flashing rear strobe light effect and software is showing same as screenshot as above.

1. Connect drone to pc via usb cable
2. Launch Software
3. Turn on Drone

Nothing

2017-2-15
Use props
Woodwanger
Second Officer
United Kingdom

wheezy Posted at 2017-2-15 08:08
Having this same problem. I've tried 4 different cables with no luck, including DJI cable, high end logitec cable, GoPro Cable, and a generic monoprice cable. Drone is just flashing rear strobe light effect and software is showing same as screenshot as above.

1. Connect drone to pc via usb cable

I have the same problem connecting the Mavic.....it's all very hit and miss and eventually after several attempts it connects!
No problem connecting the RC with the same cable supplied....so not quite sure what the problem is, although it looks more like the conection socket on the Mavic may be dodgy!
2017-2-15
Use props
ReverendGreg
lvl.1

United States

I have the same problem.  I've tried different cables and two different computers now.  DJI V1.07 & V1.09 not recognizing my Mavic controller or the Mavic itself.
2017-2-18
Use props
fans909a8d2d
lvl.1
United States

After a failed firmware update the DJI assistant no longer sees my mavic anymore either. Worked just fine before the failed firmware update. Think i might of bricked it. Cant connect with the controller either. The controller binding does nothing.
2017-2-19
Use props
fans4452bc9c
New

Canada

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-15 12:23
I have the same problem connecting the Mavic.....it's all very hit and miss and eventually after several attempts it connects!
No problem connecting the RC with the same cable supplied....so not quite sure what the problem is, although it looks more like the conection socket on the Mavic may be dodgy!

I have the same thing going on i think. The first time i tried to connect the drone it worked, I tried to update it but it failed (my wifi went down while i was updating the firmware, but was fine after it failed...weird). Now i can connect to the remote but not the drone.  Contacted DJI and they want me to send it back telling me it may/may not cost me anything.  I'm debating whether or not to return it and get a new one instead of ending up loosing it for 2-3 weeks and having to pay.
I think this is simple a driver issue or something but DJI will not troubleshoot online or over the phone, which really sucks!
2017-2-21
Use props
bluezdawg
lvl.1
United States

how to use the dji simulator
2017-2-25
Use props
indianbullet
New
Flight distance : 21476 ft
United States

And it says the Video does not exist?
2017-3-13
Use props
JimmyC
First Officer
Flight distance : 65814 ft
United States

Any solutions? I have the same problem as this topic.

Windows 8.1
DJI Assistant 2 V1.1.0 intalled as administrator
Ran program as administrator, tried multiple cables, turned firewall off

2017-3-21
Use props
SPOT01
Flight distance : 21788 ft
United Kingdom

JimmyC Posted at 2017-3-21 05:42

Windows 8.1

did the drivers install correctly
I originally had a problem on installation so I uninstalled then reran the .exe as Administrator and now all ok
2017-3-21
Use props
JimmyC
First Officer
United States

SPOT01 Posted at 2017-3-21 05:56
did the drivers install correctly
I originally had a problem on installation so I uninstalled then reran the .exe as Administrator and now all ok

I believe they did.
I also uninstalled and installed as administrator. I only had 2 cables to try. I'm going to get another one and try that.
2017-3-21
Use props
fabiok
lvl.1
Italy

i have a same problem , but in installation of dji assistant 2 , the os Win7/win10 in 2 pc give me the same error the libusb0.sys was not certified for this OS , download update for that driver , usb dji are not recognizide and disc of mavick and SD card are not usable from OS and assistant2
2017-3-21
Use props
fabiok
lvl.1
Italy

i have wrote on chat with techinician of Dji, and he have request their developers for a driver update for os win7 and win10 , he email me when have news for driver or update of assistant2
2017-3-21
Use props
JimmyC
First Officer
United States

Edit:
Found solution. See next post.
2017-3-21
Use props
JimmyC
First Officer
United States

Wanted to update to help others.

In windows 8 and 8.1 you have to disable the driver signature.
I did a search on how to do this. I searched:  "disable driver signature windows 8.1"
I disabled it, uninstalled the DJI assistant 2 program and reinstalled it.

Now the Mavic connects all the time as it should.
2017-3-21
Use props
ed1nh0
New
Flight distance : 141995 ft
Brazil

Do I need to connect the controller or just the Mavic?
2017-3-26
Use props
fans6438ddc2
New
Flight distance : 133753 ft
Thailand

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-5 20:02
Once your Mavic is connected to the computer and the DJI Assistant 2 is running, turn on the power to the Mavic. Once the Mavic is powered on the DJI A2 will see the drone and connect.

I cannot watch your videos how can i watch it?
2017-4-6
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

fans6438ddc2 Posted at 2017-4-6 06:47
I cannot watch your videos how can i watch it?

Hi,
I updated my post with new links.  Make sure you get the latest version of DJI software 1.1.0_2 that corrects the driver issues on Windows machines

Rich
2017-4-6
Use props
FLYBIGSKY
lvl.1
United States

This is all just wonderful, but where do we get the Assistant2 App?
2017-4-10
Use props
michaeldk
lvl.1
Cyprus

For those who are still looking for solutions :
My USB3 port did not show any DJI device connected. It would just wait and sit there at the startup screen of the Assistant app.
My USB2 (!) port, once plugged in to it, popped up a question if I wanted to give networking access to some app. And then I could see my mavic, yay!

So, check if you can get it to work on non-USB3 ports. I'm running Windows 10 on a Dell Inspiron 4k 15" laptop from 2015.
2017-4-15
Use props
Roll Tide
lvl.3
Flight distance : 610502 ft
United States

That page is as far as I have gotten with the Assistant.   Any ideas on how to get it to work?
2017-4-23
Use props
Dezzie B
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi guys - please could someone tell me
1. Which USB cable I need to connect to my PC from the Remote Controller e.g what type of connection is it at the remote controller end? I don't recognise it? It's square/rectangular looking
2. Which USB cable I need to connect to my PC from the Mavic Pro Unit

Anyone know why these cables are not supplied with the purchase?

I've set aside time today to do a test flight, only to find that I can't connect my Remote Controller to my PC to download the firmware because it is a strange looking USB connection and there is no cable supplied.

Many thanks for any advice and help.

2017-5-27
Use props
Dezzie B
lvl.1

United Kingdom

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-5 20:02

1. Which USB cable I need to connect to my PC from the Remote Controller e.g what type of connection is it at the remote controller end? I don't recognise it? It's square/rectangular looking

Anyone know why these cables are not supplied with the purchase?

I've set aside time today to do a test flight, only to find that I can't connect my Remote Controller to my PC to download the firmware because it is a strange looking USB connection and there is no cable supplied.

Many thanks for any advice and help.
2017-5-27
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Dezzie B Posted at 2017-5-27 03:14

The black cable you use to charge the remote can be used to connect your computer. This same charge cable can be used to connect the Mavic to your computer too.

Be sure to power on the remote or Mavic when you have the A2 software running on the computer.

Rich
2017-5-27
Use props
TLH1
New
Singapore

JimmyC Posted at 2017-3-21 05:42

Windows 8.1

Your post is spot on!!! I did exactly what you posted and it worked!!!!!!

I'm using windows 8.1 and DJI Assistant 2 wasn't working at all, nothing, just that lame page showing a USB plugging into a laptop.

Its posts like yours that are short and to the point that make troubles so much easier to sort out.  I never knew Windows had restrictions on the unsigned drivers so although the software looks like its installed the driver wasn't 'switched on' so it ain't ever gonna work!!

I'm now downloading updates using DJI Assistant 2.....thanks!!!!!
2017-6-8
Use props
TLH1
New
Singapore

Sorry first time using this and screwed up my first post!!!

IF YOU'RE USING WINDOWS 8 or 10 and Mavic is not found in DJI Assistant 2 then see post #17 on this thread and do what it says, IT REALLY WORKS!!! My post #27 shows my joy to find an answer to a problem!
2017-6-8
Use props
fans9bcae410
lvl.1
Flight distance : 189534 ft
Peru

buenas tardes.

tengo el mismo problema, tengo windows 10 y el ultimo dji assistant 1.1.2, tambien probe con la anterior 1.1.1
No reconoce al mavic
ya probe con otros cables , en el orden en que indican y en otro orden (mavic, pc, cable,etc)
PERO NO SE CONECTA

que hacer?
2017-7-23
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

Woodwanger Posted at 2017-2-15 12:23

same Here on connection it say" Inspire3"
But it's struggle.
Tried different cables found one that works
...................... still hit and miss  just keep trying
2017-7-23
Use props
CharlieFliesDro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36148 ft
United States

That being said still injoy My Mavic
2017-7-23
Use props
HAGAJOTA87
lvl.1
Brazil

SOLVED HERE!!

if you have never pluged mavic before, just instal Dji Assist and go offline, plug mavic and windows will look for drivers in DJI assist folder.

if you already installed drivers through windows online search, i think you need to remove all and instal offline.

after that works fine here

2017-7-29
Use props
fansf97b8992
lvl.1
Romania

HAGAJOTA87 Posted at 2017-7-29 07:44
SOLVED HERE!!

if you have never pluged mavic before, just instal Dji Assist and go offline, plug mavic and windows will look for drivers in DJI assist folder.

Which drivers, please?
2017-8-5
Use props
Lurov2588
lvl.1
Peru

JimmyC Posted at 2017-3-21 12:13

I did every step, i've got windows 10 but still dosen't work
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Lurov2588 Posted at 2017-9-15 21:59
I did every step, i've got windows 10 but still dosen't work

Had replied you on another thread, please check.
2017-9-16
Use props
Dikhan
lvl.1
Italy

This is a spiked argument: the drivers' installation both for Mac and Win is a very messy affair!

I was unable to make the Mavic connect in any way to a couple of macs (Macbook pro running Snow Leopard and a Mac Pro running Mountain Lion): I do not need any push technology on my machines from these latest OSs, thanks but NO! In the System Network I can see a DJI Ethernet entry, but other than that the only sign there is a Mavic connected is the SD card showing up in finder. The Assistant stay clean and unconcerned: a very poorly written piece of SW if you ask me, at least on the section to connect to the device...
After several unsuccessful attempts on a Win 7/x64 machine (not a virtual machine!) possibly due both to the drivers' signatures and/or to the cable suddenly it started to work after the OS begun to search and install the drivers. I hope it will work next time as I used just to calibrate the camera and I'm thinking to use it to upgrade the FW too, eventually. I also went into the exec properties and tagged to use it as Admin and compatible to Windows 7 (just to be sure).
The odd thing is the Windows OS was seemingly disconnected from the internet while the Assistant2 was open, and that  is leaving me with a very puzzled mind: is this program hacking your internet connection? Wasn't there any other less clumsy solution?
This is an important piece of SW to maintain your drone and we really should have it work faultlessly on our computers instead of having to use the already scarce resources of a phone/tablet on the field.
Please share your experiences and advises: I believe it's important to know specifically what OS and version you're using, what are the issues and if you found any solution.
TIA
2017-11-4
Use props
MaddPatter
lvl.1
Flight distance : 98219 ft
United States

I have tried a fresh install, unsigning drivers in windows 10, offline driver update and still can not get the controller to show up on my main computer. The Mavic Shows but controller will not. I go to another computer and controller shows up. This is frustrating.
2017-12-3
Use props
Woolnut
Flight distance : 433839 ft
United Kingdom

Followed the instructions that seemed to fix the issues for some others, unfortunately only the remote is visible on the DJI Assistant App... Why is this software so ridiculously difficult to get working?!
2017-12-15
Use props
Tuberkulum
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2972 ft
Germany

JimmyC Posted at 2017-3-21 12:13

PEFECT! - works at my Win8.1.

After "disabling Windows driver signature check" as described in diverse Google/Youtube findings, the DJI Assistent 2 installer (started with admin rights) shows additonal dialogs to allow to install the DJI Drivers (takes additional ~45 sec.).

Thank you!!!
2017-12-25
Use props
midnightsmith
New
United States

Let me say THANK YOU to everyone!  Disabled the stupid driver signature,, installed with admin privileges,  then used USB 2.0 port and it worked!
2018-1-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules