Connecting mavic to dji assistant
86530 53 2017-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mz-in-norcal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1005049 ft
United States

I had to use the cable that I use to charge the remote.  Other micro-USB cables that work for other devices, did not work to connect the Mavic directly to my computer.
2018-2-4
Use props
Tanner5
lvl.2
Flight distance : 104524 ft
United States

Just upgraded my Mavic Pro & controller (seperately) with Asst. 2. Had 1 failure then installed perfectly. Asst. installed and worked with Windows 10, no problems.
2018-3-11
Use props
fans16e559f2
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I had this error and it was due to a faulty Micro USB cable. When I used the ones supplied in the box it connected OK.
2018-5-9
Use props
fanse9cfe839
New
Flight distance : 87487 ft
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-5 20:02
Once your Mavic is connected to the computer and the DJI Assistant 2 is running, turn on the power to the Mavic. Once the Mavic is powered on the DJI A2 will see the drone and connect.

follow the instructions in these videos below.

Biggest BULL **** of a tutorial that every existed!!!!  DJI Assistant CANNOT FIND THE AIRCRAFT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!  So what next genius?
2018-5-18
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

fanse9cfe839 Posted at 2018-5-18 18:02
Biggest BULL **** of a tutorial that every existed!!!!  DJI Assistant CANNOT FIND THE AIRCRAFT IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!  So what next genius?

Are you trying to use Assistant 2 with Windows PC or Mac OS-X?

People have reported driver problems when trying to connect with Windows PCs.

Others have reported install problems with Assistant 2 on Mac OS-X.
After getting past install problem, a few of us have run into problems accessing FlightLog data on drone using Mac OS-X.  
2018-5-18
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

fanse9cfe839 Posted at 2018-5-18 18:02

For Windows PC some had problems with the drivers not installing. See Post #17 coped below:  

Wanted to update to help others.
In windows 8 and 8.1 you have to disable the driver signature.
I did a search on how to do this. I searched:  "disable driver signature windows 8.1"
I disabled it, uninstalled the DJI assistant 2 program and reinstalled it.

Now the Mavic connects all the time as it should.

I had trouble installing the Assistant 2 updated version 1.2.3  and had to go into device manager and look at the virtual device ports that DJI is using to make this connection com port 3 or 4.

Sorry you are having trouble, software can be a real pain sometimes

Rich
2018-5-18
Use props
RileyS13
lvl.1
United States

JimmyC Posted at 2017-3-21 12:13
Wanted to update to help others.

In windows 8 and 8.1 you have to disable the driver signature.

Thanks! I've had my Mavic over a year and have never been able to get DJI Assistant 2 to connect. Disabling driver signature worked perfectly! If you ever come to Reno, NV I'll buy you a beer!
2018-7-9
Use props
dbros
New
Canada

I had the same problem and found solution:

System:  windows 10

Problem:  even though my computer was recognizing that my DJI Mavic was connected (ie would pop up in My Computer window)  there still was no change or recognition of the device in the DJI assistant 2 app.  Trying to log in and turn on all settings did nothing.

Solution:  I uninstalled DJI assistant 2 (1.2.4), rebooted, reinstalled DJI Assistant 2 but by right clicking on the *.exe and selecting: "run as administrator".

I was using the same cable and kept my controller connected the whole time.

I would like to point out that I also had problems in the past connecting my Mavic to my computer because of a poor USB cable.  The one that came with the Mavic works, but for the above solution I was actually using a cable from another camera and it also worked.  
2018-8-11
Use props
fans6e400596
New

United States

Well, looks like this is still being a problem.  Fortunately, I tried a new cable (one that's never given me a problem) and then I got a Windows permission box and the Mavic Pro was recognized.  I hope this is solved for the Mav 2...I can't wait for that to arrive!  THANKS EVERYONE FOR SUCH USEFUL POSTS!!!
2018-9-3
Use props
djiuser_89Wfmgy2SUyp
New

United States

I spent a couple frustrating hours fighting this. Finally switched to a different USB charging cable and it worked perfectly.
2019-8-20
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

ed1nh0 Posted at 2017-3-26 20:05
Do I need to connect the controller or just the Mavic?

It is a good idea to upgrade or reinstall a Firmware on both when there are problems.
2020-11-20
Use props
MedicFL1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4358570 ft
  • >>>
United States

FLYBIGSKY Posted at 2017-4-10 16:24
This is all just wonderful, but where do we get the Assistant2 App?

Each Aircraft has it's own Assistant 2 associated with it.
You will find the Correct assistant 2 App Version under Downloads on the product page.
The same page that has the Quick start and Manuals and D Log M to Rec.709
2020-11-20
Use props
djiuser_Y8s6ZsxGWYiM
New

Yemen

Can someone give me the way for solve the error " esc" 30085 at dji mavic air 2 drone ?
2023-10-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

djiuser_Y8s6ZsxGWYiM Posted at 10-13 14:25
Can someone give me the way for solve the error " esc" 30085 at dji mavic air 2 drone ?

Hello there. Sorry about the inconvenience. Can you please try removing the storage card, and then restarting the aircraft? If the issue persists after restarting the aircraft, please make sure your firmware is on the latest or try to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2. You can download it from your computer here: https://www.dji.com/global/downl ... sumer-drones-series. Please reach back if you have further concerns. Have a nice day.
2023-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules