Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-20 02:07
May I know have you send it in already?
Or please provide me your ticket number, I'll help you check it.
Please click on "Reply" so that I can get a remind and reply you soon, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I have not sent it in. The ticket number is: #395711

Thanks Natalia
2017-1-20
Use props
ddublu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3741171 ft
  • >>>
United States

I find this comical.  I too have the red prop issue...After days of back and forth with DJI, including sending in pictures of the props (I am not sure why my receipt for purchase isn't sufficient) I merely got a confirmation that the support record had been updated.  Zero excuse for such a costly piece of "professional" gear to make it out of a factory without someone catching this apparent widespread issue.  Check your aircraft well - there may be more things that may not jump off of the page to you but that could impact a safe flight.
2017-1-20
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I see DJI have "proudly announced" that the I2 quick release prop mounts are now available for the I1

I can see the Prop VIRUS spreading to that model as well.

Beware all who enter there......
2017-1-20
Use props
fanscc292e56
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1486811 ft
United States

Please click on "Reply" so that I can get a remind and reply you soon, very sorry for the inconvenience caused.

My case number regarding getting replacement props seems to be frozen in the works... my case number is CAS-413082-R9K4L1
2017-1-20
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

Hi Dr Jon, thank you for your advice and it's appreciated ..... I received another email from DJI this morning which stated they will have to pick up "These so called noisy propellors" as if i was lying even after providing a video link and my I2 was less than a week old. I was further told that the rattle would not effect the performance of the craft.... "I mean who says such a thing" to a client. Now lets get interesting, I have added up what i have spent with DJI since December 2016 and it's over 14K and this is how i'm treated. They needed to do a recall or at the very least send out new props to everyone who purchased a Inspire 2. Video Link below & turn up the Volume.

Hello DJI Natalia thank you for your response and help, My shop supplier had me organised with new props within a week and they while not as tight as the white props they do not rattle so i'm happy i can continue my work. I was talking to my supplier about purchasing a second Inspire 2 but will wait till this problem is sorted and i'm still a little cranky about the email suggesting that all is well even with a rattle.
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DaveDotNet Posted at 2017-1-20 03:34
I have not sent it in. The ticket number is: #395711

Thanks Natalia

Dave, please just send in the propellers which are not working properly instead of everything.
While you need provide the information needed in the e-mail for creating a case for you.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions, thanks.
2017-1-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fanscc292e56 Posted at 2017-1-20 17:40
My case number regarding getting replacement props seems to be frozen in the works... my case number is CAS-413082-R9K4L1

I'll bring this to the attention to our support team and help you receive an update as soon as possible.
2017-1-21
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Today i saw a thread on another site. It states

The updated props received from DJI are from a new mould and also include a black foam insert. The new mould can be easily picked as it's got a "2" on the bottom.

All of the type "2" props fit well.

I'm still not fixed though because the replacement props from DJI are a mix or old and new moulds with the foam inserts into the old ones but not into the new type 2.
2017-1-23
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-23 19:43
Today i saw a thread on another site. It states

The updated props received from DJI are from a new mould and also include a black foam insert. The new mould can be easily picked as it's got a "2" on the bottom.

The new props i received DR John did not come with any foam insert at all and no "2" to be seen..., so i can assume i must still have the same old ones, They are tighter and do not rattle but are not like the white ones at all, The white arrow props on mine are rock steady.
At Least for the moment i will be able to fly, DJI wanted to arrange a pickup but i needed a DROP OFF not a pickup....and to tell you the truth i would of just paid for them instead of the hassle i didn't need.
They could of just sent me out new props so i would at lest be back working, if i had to wait for them to pick them up take them back to wherever it is they inspect them and then send me out another lot, Well you get the idea, I've already lost time and money.
2017-1-23
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-21 23:32
I'll bring this to the attention to our support team and help you receive an update as soon as possible.

@DJI Natalia,
Hello, I would of just paid cash to get the ones i should of got in the first place no problems at all instead of all the questions . This is the exact email last response from DJI Support as below"Thank you for your reply. I can assure to you that this rattle does not affect the performance of the aircraft.  
But if you want the replaced ones, we will need to collect back these so-called problem propellers and arrange the new ones for you.
Your understand will be appreciated."

2017-1-23
Use props
telrush
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

And the beat goes on!  How much noise do we need to make with this company?  Really??  How much will this cost to correct?  I'm quite sure, it's not  anywhere close to what Samsung's 5.8 Billion Galaxy7 battery issues were.

I've spent 10+k on DJI products this year and many other have spent much more.  DJI - Listen and learn or be replaced!!  We know this is not easy, but, give it your best shot!  It's lonely at the top!!!  
2017-1-23
Use props
Runi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1548743 ft
  • >>>
Denmark

I to have the same issue and only on the front RED propeller!

I don´t think DJI can just get away with stating, this is OK..

UPDATE: I have tested the spare set that came with my drone and can confirm that they do not make any rattle. So this leads me to the conclusion that some propellers have bad ballance and should not have passed quality control. I have written an email to support requesting new propellers since the ones that came with the aircraft have been binned.

2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

It's much appreciated for your feedback, very sorry for any inconvenience caused.
We're always working to improve it so that you can enjoy our products and service, hope you all have great experiences.
2017-1-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

Here is a photo of the old and new props as received by a happy I2 owner.

His problems have now gone... Need i say anymore?

OLD and NEW

OLD and NEW
2017-1-24
Use props
Sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

HI DJI Natalia

I was told to send my I2 in for repair for this very reason ( early adopter before the "propagate" issue became so known about )

It was sent in but the same day it arrived I received an email saying no fault found and the entire I2 sent back to me ( with the same problem ).. Are you able to get new props sent out? It's has been an inconvenience to not have the I2 and more so to have it back with a problem DJI seem to acknowledge ( maybe noone told DJI Europe of the issue? ) ..

The case number was CAS-408502-F2N5F8
2017-1-24
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-24 02:36
Here is a photo of the old and new props as received by a happy I2 owner.

His problems have now gone... Need i say anymore?

[img]https://forum44.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/Dr Jon, Below is a photo of my new ones, As you can see there is the Foam insert to take up play,leading me to believe that this was there easiest fix. I do not have a number 2 stamped on the prop ? sounds like i got back my original props with foam insert... This could also explain why i had the props back in my hands in 1 week. I would be interested in your thoughts on this.[/img]

2017-1-24
Use props
nazar404.yahoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394291 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello Guys ,

not a real problem if you add a small piece of peanut packing form into the hub of the propeller, with slight compression with remove the excess play and the loose hub sound you are hearing with be history.

I called DJI support and they have no problems in replacing the Red Propellers.

Thanks my two cents in a temporary fix.
2017-1-24
Use props
fans802c61be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 218760 ft
Canada

Hi,

I am having the same issues with my red props, I have a case number opened with dji support for over 2 weeks no with no progress.  my case number is CAS-400538-N6Q4N8

video of the issue
2017-1-24
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

There's no getting away from the fact that DJI does and have made incredible advances in the drone industry, Giving us drones that many years ago would of cost hundreds of thousands to do what they do today..... Still i believe the customer should always come first with any business and with the Inspire 2 that they released, we should by this time only have to provide our receipt of purchase and they should of instantly addressed the known issue and sent out new props to all who purchased the Inspire 2.
0G7A3838.jpg
2017-1-24
Use props
telrush
lvl.2
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

Could not agree more!!
2017-1-24
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
United States

They handled a mass deployment of props locks, then whole prop set swapovers back in the early Inspire 1 days, so there is a precedent here.

As far as the obfuscation and delays that some of you are facing, this is the standard approach that all DJI customers face until such a time as the specific problem is so obvious that action is taken at a management level. We faced similar issues two years ago with the I1.

Give it 6 months and they will have their logistics and quality sorted on the I2.
Until then, escalate your support cases folks!
2017-1-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans802c61be Posted at 2017-1-24 14:08
Hi,

I am having the same issues with my red props, I have a case number opened with dji support for over 2 weeks no with no progress.  my case number is CAS-400538-N6Q4N8

we've informed our support team for your case and will help you receive an update.Actually speaking, the sound has no negative influence on aircraft's performance, you can fly it properly.
Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-1-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Sploodge Posted at 2017-1-24 02:44
HI DJI Natalia

I was told to send my I2 in for repair for this very reason ( early adopter before the "propagate" issue became so known about  )

Our engineers evaluated it and found no issues you reported, please try to fly it and check the performance again.
We'd like to help you if any problems happen to the aircraft, please feel free to contact us, thanks for your support!
2017-1-25
Use props
thomasakira
lvl.3
Flight distance : 921693 ft
United States

After one 4 minute flight my red props have developed a bit of play.  Filing a ticket.
2017-1-25
Use props
Eye Can Fly
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1104413 ft
United States

Hey I just received my Inspire 2 back from the LA repair center.  The did not find anything wrong with the drone and I didn't think about sending the original props in with it (my bad).

The repair dept was not able to reproduce the problem with the props they had so they sent me 2 new sets like were in the original shipment, only this time they were not preproduction props.  The props they sent had tiny pieces of foam to eliminate the back on the inside center of the prop to the mount.

Because UPS was so slow (but not the repair dept) I was without my new tool for 14 days... all because of $0.04 worth of foam.

Regardless, glad I have it back and am in the air again.

If you guys look at the inside of your props and you do NOT see foam in there, you need to get ones WITH foam.
2017-1-25
Use props
DaveDotNet
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53340 ft
United Kingdom

As a result of my case, I returned the 4 red props by UPS. The very word UPS makes me twitch everytime I'm exposed to them. I've been watching the progress of my props and I think it will be a 4 day trip. Not wanting to be without props I purchased another 2 x pairs (white + red) from Heliguy.com (https://www.heliguy.com/dji-inspire-2-propellers-p4166). Prior to doing so I phoned and spoke to someone, but they were unaware of the loose prop issue or that there could be a new version of the prop. Got my new props today and to my surprise they are the new Rev 2 props with the foam inserts. I quick static test and the interesting point is that .. whilst it doesn't make the rattle and the foam keeps it 'steady', the loose play is still there if you hold and move the tip. I think @Coigreach in his article (http://forum.dji.com/thread-82210-1-1.html) is alluding to this play.

Anyway, fingers crossed that my new red props return from DJI as Rev 2 and with foam inserts, albeit with UPS
2017-1-25
Use props
Sploodge
Second Officer
Flight distance : 809350 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-1-25 01:09
Our engineers evaluated it and found no issues you reported, please try to fly it and check the performance again.
We'd like to help you if any problems happen to the aircraft, please feel free to contact us, thanks for your support!

When I reported the issue I sent this video to show the issue. Maybe they didn't test it at all? Regardless, DJI are sending e new props now..

2017-1-25
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Add another to the list... on hold with DJI support to see how they can help me.

2017-1-26
Use props
Alessandro Gara
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had the same prop noise, and was told the issue did not affect performance. Seems also to only make the rattle when we spin them by hand.

I have a feeling it wont be until someons prop fails like with the spin one / locks that we will see them sending all i2 owners new props.
2017-1-26
Use props
Gybo102
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2426230 ft
United States

Alessandro Gara Posted at 2017-1-26 11:37
I had the same prop noise, and was told the issue did not affect performance. Seems also to only make the rattle when we spin them by hand.

I have a feeling it wont be until someons prop fails like with the spin one / locks that we will see them sending all i2 owners new props.

I just completed an online chat, sent a link to my video and they are sending new red props. dont let them say "its ok", It is not.
2017-1-26
Use props
Alessandro Gara
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2012457 ft
  • >>>
United States

ok will try
2017-1-26
Use props
INSPIREME
lvl.1
Australia

I've tried and they wanted to pick old props up first, I'm glad they think i've got time on my hands to wait for them to pick up my props and inspect them and then go on from there, I'm running a business that has lost work due to this.

2017-1-26
Use props
fansf0b9fbbc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207159 ft
United States

I have an Inspire 1 Pro Black Edition.  Just got my new upgraded prop retainers and BOTH Red props rattle terribly and are super loose.  White props are perfectly snug.  I've tried swapping the Red props to each motor and even tried the 2nd set that came with the I1 that I've never used and they rattle too.  Thought I had torqued my base plate too tight so I pulled all of the new clips off and re-seated them to be sure.  Same issue.  So now I'm afraid to fly the damn thing.

DJI - what are you doing to correct this issue?
2017-3-2
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

I see others have found a solution to the prop issues.
props  004.jpg
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules