New to the forums.
717 6 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TXBiker63
lvl.3
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Morning all. I've been lurking and checking out the forums for a few days now and thought I'd give an intro etc... I've been an R/C pilot for over 30 years both heli and fixed wing and raced cars for 35 years. I inherited my standard from my brother nib I taught him and his inspectors how to use their advances in their roof inspection business. Mine sat in the office unused as a back up after a year it made its way to me. Cool I thought something new to play with. I downloaded the go app on my S7 edge and charged batteries. While I waited I read the manual.I tried dozens of times to log into the transmitters wifi with zero results. When I turned the transmitter over to look at the back for some reason I heard a rattle from inside. I figured by now there wasn't any warranty so I opened the transmitter and found the wifi board hanging from the antenna wires. Great qc there, must have been put together on a monday by a hung over worker when qc was off. I plugged the board back in and attached it to the main board properly and got a solid link. Turn on the quad and a request to update pops up on the screen. O.K. start update and 40 minutes later the flashing and beeping stops. Update sucessful on screen and I pull the sd card to see if there's  a txt file with update sucessful there . O.K. updated properly. I shut everything down for the day way too windy to maiden and I had concerns about the wifi board. I start reading about the go app and following link after link. Now I'm concerned that this thing is going to be useless to me.  I finally get a good day go out and calibrate the compass. I grab a handful of left stick and shoot up to 150 feet and bring her back to center stick. Solid wifi link and a stable hover. I notice a delay between the quad and the screen so no fly by screen. I took it out to my max line of sight and it's a small white dot. Great still solid link and good video. Did a return to home test then landed. I don't know if I got lucky with this one. The S7 Edge works great no crashes no loss of link nothing but great video feed. It has the latest firmware with zero range issues for me. Like I said earlier I'm a R/C pilot and don't fly out of los but do push it out there a good distance. I live in the country and the houses are at least a half acre apart but almost everyone has wifi there's overhead power lines to be aware of and the joint use airport is 5.88 miles away. I've read so much about all of the issues with the standad and am curious why I didn't have them. According to everything I saw my S7 Edge should have been buggy but it's not. The latest update should have caused problems but it didn't. I do shut down and delete unnecessary apps on all of my phones. Too many junk apps running in the background no matter the manufacturer or carrier. I was patient with the update and let it complete before jacking around with anything. Big box stores around here have sold alot of standards and I'd love to come across one that's having the issues that I've read about. I'm an electronics and optics technician so by nature I want to know whats going on and why with these malfunctioning quads. So far I like the standard it's a good first camera quad. My brother did a purchase order for the company to replace the P3a's with the Mavic. I'll inherit his P3a and maybe get the opertunity to play with a back up Mavic for a couple of months. Anyway sorry got a little long here, hope everyone gets the answers they're looking for.
2017-1-6
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Just a helpful hint, a shorter post or at least some paragraphs would make you post much easier to read. Welcome to the forum.
2017-1-6
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

Well good thing you know your stuff.  Just to add to that, here is what the controller looks like under the hood.
NOTE: Do not open or modify or you could (would) void your warrenty.

IMG_8195.jpg
Those three cables are the key part that if loose, where to connect them in.

IMG_8197.jpg
2017-1-6
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

WilliamM Posted at 2017-1-6 09:32
Just a helpful hint, a shorter post or at least some paragraphs would make you post much easier to read. Welcome to the forum.

Sorry been out of school for many years.
2017-1-6
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-6 09:44
Well good thing you know your stuff.  Just to add to that, here is what the controller looks like under the hood.
NOTE: Do not open or modify or you could (would) void your warrenty.

The wifi board wasn't plugged in to the connector on the main board. Usually if there's no stand offs to secure the board to we use a high density foam that has adhesive on both sides to attach it. I used 3 small squares under the board. It's solid now.
2017-1-6
Use props
Microcyb
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1095955 ft
United States

TXBiker63 Posted at 2017-1-6 12:43
Sorry been out of school for many years.

Or just sayIt broke, me fixed
2017-1-6
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.3

United States

Microcyb Posted at 2017-1-6 12:47
Or just sayIt broke, me fixed

LOL good enough they brokee, me fixee. Too easy
2017-1-7
Use props