Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
MAVIC video is distorted. Half screen is distorted most of the time
3666 18 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans35ba6f62
New

Georgia

Hello

Has anyone experienced such problem? Camera has no error code, but lower part of the image is distorted most of the time.

It came with brand new drone - from very first minute it was distorted.

I am very much dissaponted with DJI-s quality control. They should have noticed it.

On android app distorted arrea appears purple/pink.  In file, it is just blurred area.

Distorted image from video file

Distorted image from video file
2017-1-6
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.3
Flight distance : 363862 ft
United States

You may want to give a lot more details.  Is this a shot of you android or what type of SD card?  What phone or tablet you are using?  Then the next guy will say that android Is not on the approved devices list.
2017-1-6
Use props
fans35ba6f62
New

Georgia

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:06
You may want to give a lot more details.  Is this a shot of you android or what type of SD card?  What phone or tablet you are using?  Then the next guy will say that android Is not on the approved devices list.

Thank you for reply. Yes, it is android, but file came from SD card.

On android app, the distorted area is purple.

In the file, it is just blurred.

Sometimes it shows clear picture, but most of the time distortion appears.

When I talked with tech support, they did not mention anything about Android. They asked only if I have latest firmware. Tech support was not helpful at all, and suggested that I have to send it for repair.

I am using Samsung phone GT-I9082, android version is 4.2.2

2017-1-6
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.3
United States

fans35ba6f62 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:33
Thank you for reply. Yes, it is android, but file came from SD card.

On android app, the distorted area is purple.

You could still have a defective micro SD card, wrong type micro SD card and a non compatible  android device
2017-1-6
Use props
fans35ba6f62
New

Georgia

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:38
You could still have a defective micro SD card, wrong type micro SD card and a non compatible  android device

So to exclude this , should I try  Apple device?

2017-1-6
Use props
Wes1977
lvl.3
United States

fans35ba6f62 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:40
So to exclude this , should I try  Apple device?

I would try it at least if it were available.
2017-1-6
Use props
fans35ba6f62
New

Georgia

Wes1977 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:41
I would try it at least if it were available.

Thank you for suggestion. I will borrow it from friend. Are there any restrictions with them as well? Which model/IOS is recommended?
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans35ba6f62 Posted at 2017-1-6 11:44
Thank you for suggestion. I will borrow it from friend. Are there any restrictions with them as well? Which model/IOS is recommended?

Hello, please refer to our device recommended list.
iOS Version v4.0.1.
Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone 5s, iPhone SE, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, iPad Air, iPad Air Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad Air 2, iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 3, iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi + Cellular, iPad mini 4 and iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi + Cellular. This app is optimized for iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus.
Android Version v4.0.1.
Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung tabs 705c, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, Ascend Mate7, Huawei P8 Max, Huawei Mate 8, LG V20, Nubia Z7 mini, Sony Xperia Z3, MI 3, MI PAD, Smartisan T1.
2017-1-6
Use props
fans66011d00
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21283 ft
Philippines

My first flight today and I have the same issue. Using a Samsung Tab S 8.4, android version 6.0.1 here.
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

I would try with a different SD Card, I can't see how the phone being used can affect this.
2017-2-8
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
Philippines

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-8 06:42
I would try with a different SD Card, I can't see how the phone being used can affect this.

Am using the sd card that came with the unit. Have no issues with photos though. Seriously considering switching to an ipad mini.
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
First Officer
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

TomC3 Posted at 2017-2-8 15:47
Am using the sd card that came with the unit. Have no issues with photos though. Seriously considering switching to an ipad mini.

SD cards can get messed up easily. Just get another one from any of your other devices, or buy one (they're not so expensive and you always need it in the end) and try again.
2017-2-8
Use props
TomC3
lvl.1
Philippines

CuaC Posted at 2017-2-8 22:59
SD cards can get messed up easily. Just get another one from any of your other devices, or buy one (they're not so expensive and you always need it in the end) and try again.

Problem resolved. I bought an iPad Mini 2 32gb and no more video distortion. Must've been a compatibility issue with the Samsung Tab S 8.4.

Thanks for your reply CuaC!
2017-2-12
Use props
fans35ba6f62
New

Georgia

Exactly, the same solution worked for me, and to discover this I wasted time talking with DJI support. They know nothing about the device. One guy helped me recomending Apple device.

As I learned it the hard way - DJI would not work well with Adroid.  No Android I used was good. iPad mini works well. Video is smooth and clear. On android, even best devices can not achieve the smooth video.

So everybody out there, who want better picture - change to Apple devices.

2017-2-27
Use props
MAMAZ
New
Japan

Same problem

I dont understand why the android device afect the video that is in the SD IN the drone !

that suck

I dont want to buy apple product...
2017-12-29
Use props
MAMAZ
New
Japan

But it seems the problem is solved wen my phone memory get full . So only the video on the SD. It become smooth again

2017-12-29
Use props
Jos A
Captain
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Use Litchi for android , no problems there!
2017-12-29
Use props
Neyrou
lvl.1
Italy

This video decoding issue is clearly related to the DJI GO 4.1.18 on Android (I had exactly the same issue).
Try to reinstall the previous one (4.1.15, you have it on Apkmirror) and it will work fine. But DJI has deployed today a new Android version 4.1.22 on the market (I didn't try it yet), so maybe the issue will be resolved.
Your comment about memory full is quite interesting.
2017-12-29
Use props
CHEOLK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5299 ft
Singapore

fans35ba6f62 Posted at 2017-2-27 02:48
Exactly, the same solution worked for me, and to discover this I wasted time talking with DJI support. They know nothing about the device. One guy helped me recomending Apple device.

As I learned it the hard way - DJI would not work well with Adroid.  No Android I used was good. iPad mini works well. Video is smooth and clear. On android, even best devices can not achieve the smooth video.

Hi

I use Android all the time. I have no trouble with the picture and the video. Same for P3S and Mavic.
In fact I use chinese phones and tablets. No appes or samsung as they are too expensive.

Just format your sd card and go to your camera settings and press defaults. Also clear your catch. Then adjust your settings if you wish.
2017-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules