The latest firmware = very buggy flights
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mir
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2718491 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is anyone else having issues with the latest firmware? Particularly with Tablets?
Ever since I upgraded to the latest firmware I've been having nothing but issues. Here they are in no particular order:

- Range dramatically reduced: My signal drops out only a mile away. In the same areas with previous firmware, no range problems.
- Tablet randomly shows "Aircraft disconnected"... then reconnects. RC however, doesn't disconnect. Tablet shows poor RC signal, but RC shows good signal. (wtf) This problem did not happen with previous firmware.
- Tears and artifacts across the screen, even at close range. This also did not happen before.
- "Wheel Error" for no reason, when using the gimbal roll. Totallly random, happens once or twice during flight
- RC lost contact with the Mavic for about 20 seconds. This happened once and was not fun at all. - DJI Go 4 app crashes when entering a "warning zone", random

My last flight which was today, ALL of these issues happened in a span of 20 minutes. This is an area I've flown more than 20+ previous flights with zero problem.

I've been pretty positive about my mavic experience in the past, apart from a few hiccups, but this last round of issues has blown my confidence in the aircraft.

2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

What device are you using?
I am using a iPad Air2 and Mini3 and have not experienced any issues.You may also want to try syncing your flight records, then delete/reinstall DJI GO4.
2017-1-6
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-6 15:09
What device are you using?
I am using a iPad Air2 and Mini3 and have not experienced any issues.You may also want to try syncing your flight records, then delete/reinstall DJI GO4.

Hey Ken, I'm using the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet.

So far I've reinstalled DJI Go 4 which didn't help. Also reformatted the Shield with a clean version of Android, also didn't help.
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2017-1-6 15:58
Hey Ken, I'm using the Nvidia Shield K1 Tablet.

So far I've reinstalled DJI Go 4 which didn't help. Also reformatted the Shield with a clean version of Android, also didn't help.

That's strange, when you say the range is reduced is that RC control or video.
You can lower the transmission bitrate in HD settings and also use a custom channel.
I wish I had a Should K to test.
2017-1-6
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I think the next step for me would be to test the regular DJI Go App. Based on the reviews of DJI Go 4, I don't seem to be the only one having the same issue. At the moment Go 4 is getting trashed with bad reviews with most people complaining of crashes and disconnects... while the basic GO app has a healthy 3.9 rating.

Android doesn't seem to be a likeable platform for dji software engineers :-/
2017-1-6
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

Use DJI go 3.0.1. Still have Google maps and works great
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Mir Posted at 2017-1-6 19:43
I think the next step for me would be to test the regular DJI Go App. Based on the reviews of DJI Go 4, I don't seem to be the only one having the same issue. At the moment Go 4 is getting trashed with bad reviews with most people complaining of crashes and disconnects... while the basic GO app has a healthy 3.9 rating.

Android doesn't seem to be a likeable platform for dji software engineers :-/

I have not experienced any issues with GO4, but I don't have any Android devices.
2017-1-7
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I gave up today and bought an iPad mini 2. Returning the Shield tablet
2017-1-7
Use props
Mir
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I just had the same problem on the ipad. After further inspection it seems the bottom USB port of the Mavic RC is unstable. The slightest movement of the cable and the tablet disconnects, causing most of the issues above. I probably plugged/unplugged this port 5-6 times, and no rough use.. is it a design flaw or something?
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules