Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How do I turn Inspire 2 off in landing gear down mode?
8828 10 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft
United Kingdom

Just got my Inspire 2 today, it looks great (I can't fly it as it is nighttime) and I've read the instructions and tried to put the X5S camera on and off it.
However, the instructions say clearly not to take the gimbal off the Inspire 2 while it is powered on.

But I can't work out how to turn it off while it is in the landing gear down mode so I can put the camera on - whenever I turn it off it goes into travel mode (and so the camera doesn't fit).

So I can only put the camera on when it is turned on.

Similarly when I want to take the camera off it refuses to turn itself off (with pressing the off button 5 times - it just complains that the camera is attached and won't turn off).

How can I turn off the drone in the landing gear down mode?

Thanks!
2017-1-6
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Pressing the button 5 times is the command to go in to travel mode!!!

So when the I2 is in landing mode press the power button once (it will show the battery level) then press power within one second and hold the power button down it will show a sliding set of LED from full level down to zero. The I2 will be turned off at this point. What your doing is pressing the power button  repeatedly which is the command to go in to travel mode.  

Don't be offended but read the manual !!!  
2017-1-6
Use props
hfrancis
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26247 ft
United Kingdom

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-6 18:27

So when the I2 is in landing mode press the power button once (it will show the battery level) then press power within one second and hold the power button down it will show a sliding set of LED from full level down to zero. The I2 will be turned off at this point. What your doing is pressing the power button  repeatedly which is the command to go in to travel mode.  

Hi Dr Jon,

Many thanks for this!

To be fair to me, I had searched the manual for this repeatedly, however now you point this out, I've found where I missed it, which is embarassing.

I've got plenty of time to re-read the manual cover-to-cover today, as sadly it's very foggy outside
If anyone from DJI is reading this: in the Quick Guide it does say this in one place only, but this is next to a more prominent picture of the remote control - so I assumed that this was only referring to that.

In the full guide it only mentions this once, and that is in the battery charging section (which I admit I skipped a bit as I'd managed to successfully charge the batteries using the printed quick guide). Nowhere does it mention it in the setting up sections.

Whereas pressing the button five times is mentioned multiple times in all the sections on setting up the drone. Here is an example where it is specifically very confusing as this is how it describes taking the camera off:

"lease follow the steps to enter travel mode: Continuously press the power button for at least 5 times, and then detach the gimbal and propellers"

It might help others to not make the same mistake if the documentation was a bit be clearer and went through all the steps to add the camera and take it off again.
That is something you would hope would be shown in a video tutorial (where it's very obvious to see what you've missed). However, despite both the instructions and the app saying that the first step is to watch the video tutorials, I couldn't find any apart from two which had nothing to do with setting up or flying the drone (registering the app etc).

2017-1-7
Use props
Dr Jon
Second Officer
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

Have fun with your new toy. Its also worth going to You tube and look at some of the reviews there they can be very informative especially ones from Sebastian. The camera is excellent and worth spending time listening to some of the recommended settings to get best results such as using dlog etc. If your new to DJI drones worth reading about how to break in the battery  to give a longer life span
2017-1-7
Use props
jetforce
lvl.4
Denmark

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-7 04:51
Have fun with your new toy. Its also worth going to You tube and look at some of the reviews there they can be very informative especially ones from Sebastian. The camera is excellent and worth spending time listening to some of the recommended settings to get best results such as using dlog etc. If your new to DJI drones worth reading about how to break in the battery  to give a longer life span

have you a link ?
2017-1-7
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Captain
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Dr Jon Posted at 2017-1-6 18:27

Is this the new procedure for travel  mode on the Inspire 2  ?  ( to press the power button 5 times )   On  the Inspire 1 of course you flip the Landing gear toggle 4 times.  Just want to make sure I am not missing something here.  I will look at the manual of the I2 as well.  Just kind of suprised that they changed it .
***found it page six of the new manual  :  Press the power button on the AC at least 5 times to place in travel mode , must have the Camera disconected for it to work also .  

donnie
2017-1-7
Use props
oc396
lvl.1
Flight distance : 57280 ft
United States

Yes this is the procedure to place it in travel mode. It will not go into travel mode if the camera is connected. You must turn the Inspire 2 off first, disconnect the camera, then click the power button 5 times. Only until then will it go into travel mode. Took me about 15 minutes to figure that one out lol!
2017-1-18
Use props
UAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2717687 ft
United States

Is there a way to place the I2 in travel mode manually, that is without batteries?  We have a aircraft that needs to be shipped back to DJI and the batteries were shipped to a different project.  Trying to figure out if I will need to wait for the batteries to be returned or if I can perform this operation another way so I can get the bird sent off.

Thanks  
2018-11-5
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

UAS@HDR Posted at 11-5 05:15
Is there a way to place the I2 in travel mode manually, that is without batteries?  We have a aircraft that needs to be shipped back to DJI and the batteries were shipped to a different project.  Trying to figure out if I will need to wait for the batteries to be returned or if I can perform this operation another way so I can get the bird sent off.

Thanks

Use the worm gear to manually work the landing gear. You will find a slot for a flat screwdriver on the underside. You may want to apply some dry lube to the worm gear while you are at it
2018-11-5
Use props
UAS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2717687 ft
United States

Rodger8 Posted at 11-5 07:44
Use the worm gear to manually work the landing gear. You will find a slot for a flat screwdriver on the underside. You may want to apply some dry lube to the worm gear while you are at it

Thank you Rodger8.  
2018-11-5
Use props
Rodger8
Captain
Flight distance : 15812070 ft
  • >>>
United States

UAS@HDR Posted at 11-5 09:43
Thank you Rodger8.

Not a problem, it should work out for you
2018-11-5