P4P Problem with RC USB (Sony Experia XZ)
2714 11 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zerubeusy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108547 ft

France

I've just recived my P4P today, after the unboxing and fully charge the battery and the RC, I've started the RC and then the P4P, I've plugged my Sony Experia XZ (USB-C) with the RC but it seems like the phone didin't even recognize that I've plugged somthing with it, the dji go 4 app displays that I'm not connected, I have USB debegger mode enabled.

Is this a problem with by Android version 7 ? or my Sony Experia XZ being the latest Sony smartPhone ?
Is there any chance to get out of the box defected RC USB ?
I don't belieave the cable have somthing to do with this as he works pretty well with all other devices and computers and it's the Sonys cable !!

Help me please I can't even sleep
2017-1-6
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please change another mobile device to try again?
Besides, it's worth to try another usb cable.
Just want to rule out if it's the mobile device issue.
2017-1-6
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

Dumb question.  But did you create and sign into DJI account on app?
2017-1-6
Use props
zerubeusy
lvl.2

France

I've tested it with an iPhone 6 and the nexsus 5x the rc works without problems.. It seems like my xperia xz is not compatible with this rc.. Is there any way i can make it work with my experia?
2017-1-7
Use props
zerubeusy
lvl.2

United Kingdom

So there will be no fix for the JDI GO 4 app to let the Sony Experia XZ recognize the RC ?   
2017-1-9
Use props
Ben_san
New
Flight distance : 37510 ft
United States

I have a Sony Xperia XZ too. It does NOT work. You are not the only one. I had a Xperia M, never had trouble.
It SEEMS that the problem comes from Android 7.
I would appreciate a word from DJI about this phone, and not the automatic response (List of Android Device compatible : Blabla)
Let's hope they are working on it
2017-3-10
Use props
zerubeusy
lvl.2

France

Don't hope bro, it's the fault of Sony they have disabled Ethernet over USB, android 7 have nothing to do with this.
2017-3-27
Use props
fans06928933
lvl.1
Australia

Just a thought   Try turning off your Sony , Connect and start the RC THEN turn on your sony   Something to do with Cache optimisation I think  Good luck
2017-3-28
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It's because the Sony isn't recognising the USB debug connection.
2017-3-30
Use props
lonne
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi
Sorry I am new to this, have you tried to set the Xperia XZ in developer mode? By doing so it is possible to choose USB over Ethernet etc. My Xperia XZ works with p4p.
This is how you set it into  developer mode:
First, go to the settings menu. You can also get here by sliding down the notification bar and tapping the same gear-shaped icon near the top right of the display. After you get to the settings go to the “About device” and select on the “build number.”  (Note: Sometimes you have to quickly tap several times on the Build number 6-7 times and it will unlock the developer menu)
2017-5-17
Use props
Viridis
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2383556 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

lonne Posted at 2017-5-17 01:05
Hi
Sorry I am new to this, have you tried to set the Xperia XZ in developer mode? By doing so it is possible to choose USB over Ethernet etc. My Xperia XZ works with p4p.
This is how you set it into  developer mode:

Oh believe me, ive tried everything.
Im very, very surprised that your XZ works as usb ethernet isnt even supported with XZ.
2017-5-17
Use props
Simon Ramstedt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1217083 ft
Sweden

Viridis Posted at 2017-5-17 05:24
Oh believe me, ive tried everything.
Im very, very surprised that your XZ works as usb ethernet isnt even supported with XZ.

I found out ( at least on my device, and i guess it works on other Xperia XZs -Xs too ) a work around for this problem where the phone cannot communicate with the controller.

"Use this hack at your own risk"
Enter your phone and navigate in to developer mode and enable usb Debugging mode, next connect your phone to the controller and start up the controller, wait 2-3 sec and then shutdown the controller. You should hear that your phone is notifying you that it is charging, then it stops and nothing happens.

Now here is the trick "hack", power on your controller and wait 2-3 sec and then shut it down, and you will hear from your phone, ding-ding-ding then wait approx 0.5 - 1 sec and then power on the controller ( it can take some attempts but eventually it will work* )

Video link of this trick being performed:

"Controller firmware, drone firmware + Dji Go 4 app version, are up to date.
My current android os version is 7.1.1 (NO ROOT)."

"I cannot guarantee that this hack will work for everyone."

//Happy flying
2017-7-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules