Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Hey guys,
I'd like to know:

(1) which maps DJI GO4 uses (2) how can I store it for off-line use when flying in places without a internet connection.(3) is it possible to change the source of maps for the app?

Thanks a lot!!

2017-1-6
Use props
Heavysledz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

Long list of people discussing just this topic....here is one thread for reference that will more than answer your questions..

HERE Maps Vs Google Maps
2017-1-6
Use props
ro_flyer
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-1-6 22:06
Long list of people discussing just this topic....here is one thread for reference that will more than answer your questions..

HERE Maps Vs Google Maps

I've searched the thread you suggested, but I can only see opinions about Google Maps, Here Maps quality. So for DJI GO4 is HERE maps, that's correct?

I'm a newbie, actuallly this is my very first post in the forum. I searched a lot (maybe at the wrong places :-)) and still didn't find on how to store maps for offline use.
2017-1-6
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My Samsung S5 won't cache the Here satellite view unless you view the area and don't even close the app - leaving in standby is OK.
However one plus point with Here is that the view without satellite seems to be alway there without even caching.
This is quite usable - if there are some nearby features it shows.
With google maps the satellite view is better but caching was still unreliable in my experience - and the map only view was not much use offline.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules