Gimbal Disconnect - SD Card Related
3002 12 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bhachez22
lvl.1

Philippines

Phantom 4 with no crashes or previous issues. Starting in December after a firmware update, started getting the "Gimbal Disconnected" message in the Go app. It was correcting itself after some time, but since then, it is not work. After lots of experimentation, it seems to be SD card related.

Symptoms:
1. Gimbal Disconnected warning.
2. Can't move the Gimbal with the remote.
3. Can not film because not showing SD card in place.
4. Can not format the SD card.
5. Sometimes the gimbal comes back online, but the image disappears.

Tried deleting DJI Go app. Tried rebooting and my iPad mini entirely back to factory settings.

Have seen I should try restoring the P4 back to factory settings, but not seeing people resolving problems this week. Is there a solution out there? This seems to be wide spread.
Thanks
2017-1-6
Use props
bhachez22
lvl.1

Philippines

A little additional information: Getting an error code Air Encoder Error (0x2800020). Can't find anything related to this code online.
2017-1-6
Use props
bhachez22
lvl.1

Philippines

Getting incredibly frustrated now. Downloaded Assistant 2 for Mac. I does not recognize my email and password. Even set up another login and still does not recognize that. Trying to do a factory reset. I am amazed at the shear number of bugs I'm encountering.

Obviously I have a working email and password...I'm using it to enter this forum.
2017-1-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

bhachez22 Posted at 2017-1-6 23:07
Getting incredibly frustrated now. Downloaded Assistant 2 for Mac. I does not recognize my email and password. Even set up another login and still does not recognize that. Trying to do a factory reset. I am amazed at the shear number of bugs I'm encountering.

Obviously I have a working email and password...I'm using it to enter this forum.

There is another post relating to problems with the Assistant 2 server:-

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368

When that comes back on line you will be able to refresh/factory reset, or roll back your firmware to try and prove the fault.
2017-1-7
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Id try replacing the SD card.  
2017-1-7
Use props
bhachez22
lvl.1

Philippines

Aardvark Posted at 2017-1-7 04:15
There is another post relating to problems with the Assistant 2 server:-

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D368%26typeid%3D368

I will try it again today. Thanks for this.
2017-1-8
Use props
bhachez22
lvl.1

Philippines

Paddle Faster Posted at 2017-1-7 05:13
Id try replacing the SD card.

I've used multiple SD cards. Some I've used without issue before. Some new out of the box. Some that work in my Osmo.

This did help me one time early in the problem...about a month ago. Doesn't help now.

Thanks
2017-1-8
Use props
Chief RM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136204 ft
United States

I posted the same problem yesterday and all I get out of the DJI manager is submit a repair request! Shouldn't this forum provide possible solutions for problems instead of "submit a repair request"?
2017-1-9
Use props
Chief RM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 136204 ft
United States

Just got off DJI chat and this is what he recommended for the problem. 1.        Phantom 3 IMU calibration :   2. Compass Calibration:   3. Phantom 3 RC Calibration: 4. Phantom 3 Tutorials -How to link the Phantom 3 Standard and Remote Controller   5. Gimbal Auto-Calibration
2017-1-9
Use props
bhachez22
lvl.1

Philippines

I've finally gained access to the Assistant 2 program and I'm headed down a whole other rabbit hole. I've tried refreshing the firmware and it fails. Tried rolling back to the previous firmware and it fails. In the upgrade, I've gotten the Error Code 0X022803.   Not sure what means. My next desperate step is to try the Assistant 2 program on my PC instead of my Mac. See if I get farther. I'm seeing this on other forums too. This must be a big problem .
2017-1-10
Use props
BandjesHuis.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16283 ft
Netherlands

I am having  the same problems encoder error 0x2800020  my p4 has less than 5km of flightdistance in over a year due to technical problems.  Now I have upgraded to a iPad pro 12.9  in the hope things will work out but can still not fly safely. Hope dji comes with a update that solves this problem soon.
2017-9-18
Use props
fans47c0bb7e
New
Brazil

I have the same problem since I bought my brand new Mavic Pro. Do you capture your videos in 24 fps?
2017-10-18
Use props
fans47c0bb7e
New
Brazil

I have the same problem since I bought my brand new Mavic Pro. Do you capture your videos in 24 fps? After some tests I realized that when I'm recording in 24fps I have ALL the symptoms you listed. Try to change to 30fps and then turn off both your controller and drone and finally turn on both again and pay attention if it is already in 30fps. Hope it works for you.
2017-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules