Question about battery storage
611 4 2017-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1db81d5e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 498839 ft
United States

It's officially winter and I have no desire to fly until the spring. Is there anything I need to do to my batteries before putting them away for the season?
2017-1-6
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You can use them to power up your drone, while utilizing the DJI onboard flight SIM. ;-)
Drain down to 60% and store them.

They will also Auto discharge on their own... How many days before activation, did you set them for?

RedHotPoker
2017-1-6
Use props
fans1db81d5e
lvl.3
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-1-6 23:12
You can use them to power up your drone, while utilizing the DJI onboard flight SIM. ;-)
Drain down to 60% and store them.

10 days.

So my question is: if I leave my batteries at 100% and store it in my bedroom closet as is until the spring, is that perfectly fine without doing any damage to them during hibernation?
2017-1-7
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

fans1db81d5e Posted at 2017-1-7 11:01
10 days.

So my question is: if I leave my batteries at 100% and store it in my bedroom closet as is until the spring, is that perfectly fine without doing any damage to them during hibernation?

Yes.

But I would change them to 2 days rather than 10, should help them to live a little longer.  Alternatively discharge them down to 60% before storage.

If they are going to be in storage for more than 3 months, I've seen suggestions that you should give them some exercise every 2 or 3 months with a discharge and then recharge, don't know the reason why that would help though.

Best to store them somewhere cool, but not freezing.  Room temperature is OK.

When you take them back out of storage, discharge them down to around 8% and then give them a full charge before use.  Then don't fly over water on their first use.
2017-1-7
Use props
fans1db81d5e
lvl.3
United States

Nigel_ Posted at 2017-1-7 11:19
Yes.

But I would change them to 2 days rather than 10, should help them to live a little longer.  Alternatively discharge them down to 60% before storage.

Thank you! Even more useful information. Much appreciated. Thanks again for your input.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules