FAA new guidelines for UAVs
1158 3 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
clipshot62
lvl.1

United States

A pilot friend of mine sent me links to the new FAA proposed guidelines for UAVs announced this morning.  

Review
http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorymcne ... gulations/

FAA pdf
http://www.avweb.com/avwebflash/news/Sm ... uation.php
2015-2-15
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks, great news. Wow! the Government using common sense, kudos to the FAA. Here are a couple of things that I use mine for. Inspecting Cell Towers, more over the Antenna's for both Cell, Police and Fire. As a note, when I do this I put my Phantom in Airplane Mode and I have never had any issue of loss of control and I am literally within inches of the Antenna and all of the equipment is in full operation. Please be experienced in flying before you do this or you may be out one drone. Another use that I do is in Law Enforcement working with Swat Teams. It is better to replace a drone than a Police Officer. 99% of the time the suspect is not even aware that I am there watching his every move and checking the area surrounding the property. There is another one that is psychological in nature and works very well I can only say that it is in the field of Law enforcement. I am glad that the FAA is aware of these uses and has taken them into their thought process.
2015-2-15
Use props
RickRoberts01
lvl.4
Flight distance : 191575 ft
United States

"The attached USACE Operational Protection Bulletin provides information regarding the prohibition of flying of drones over certain restricted areas to include dams, powerhouses, and other critical infrastructure.  Such flyovers are to be reported as Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) in ENGLink.  If you observe any such activities immediately contact the closest Law Enforcement Agency to report it "

Over Flights of USACE Projects by Unmanned Drone Type Aircraft.pdf

999.44 KB, Down times: 17

2015-2-15
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

With new FAA guidelines out, the rush will be on the prep for FAA exam now. I'm going the online route now for the Private Pilot prep course assuming that will be equal/more than sufficient for the sUAV certificate.
2015-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules