2174 7 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bmbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5085 ft
Malaysia

Guys,

I cannot get my night video right, tried different setting, ISO 800, 1600, different shutter speed 25, 30, different frame rate, 30, 25, 24 but i cannot get anywhere near to videos i can see online. The focus also seems to be always out at night.
In the video below, i tried different shutters speeds

What i am doing wrong ? is that i must always edit the video using a software ?

ps. I am shooting column up to 100meters, above my house, overseing the city.

2017-1-7
Use props
horizonstar
lvl.1
Canada

It looks like insufficient light. So the camera cannot find a place to focus. You have to decrease the shutter speed even lower. Then it won't be fluid movement for the video. Anyhow, it is not built for night video.
2017-1-7
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Try manual focus, but I suspect you'd need to enhance things in post to get what you are looking for.
2017-1-7
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

lowest framerate as possible (24fps) and set auto and see what settings auto does.
I've seen Dirty Bird do some nice Fireworks with auto 4K settings.
And auto focus will not work at night. Low luminescence means the camera will struggle to find an object to focus on.
2017-1-7
Use props
Daedalus
lvl.2
Flight distance : 557552 ft
  • >>>
Cyprus

I have the same issues and i have resorted to manual focus and reduced shutter speed ( to allow more light in the sensor.)
2017-1-8
Use props
MacIak
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3419 ft
Netherlands

Doesn't look too bad? Iso seems fine. Id play a bit.
2017-1-9
Use props
bmbk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5085 ft
Malaysia

The shutter we can go lowest is 25?. Actually my video looks bad. If we see some of the video taken using mavic in youtube. the video is so vibrant.

Like this, the user uses 4K @ 24fps, standard color setting, ISO1600, and auto shutter, and no post production..

2017-1-9
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Yeah, but that example video has a lot more lit-up objects in view than does yours. Fwiw I'm reading reports here of people getting better results using 2.7K than 4K due to less compression artifacts, which would be amplified with low light shots.
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules