RTH (Return to Home)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UtopianCrew
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5213 ft
United States

I just wanted to remind everyone that you should not use RTH in a regular situation. First of all the drone could crash while assending or fail to sense an obstical. Also it could go to the wrong place or fail because the GPS is not strong enough. Finally, it is faster to just fly home manually.
2017-1-7
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

I feel like you actually should use it... Gives me more confidence incase I do lose connection that it would come back to me...
2017-1-7
Use props
Kevin16
lvl.3
Flight distance : 353642 ft
Australia

I don't agree that it's just faster to just fly home manually.  I was struggling in some high wind a few weeks ago when trying to bring it home and couldn't seem to get very far even in sport mode.  I triggered RTH and it seemed to handle the wind far better than I could with just trying to bring it via the direct line to home.  I would have got it back manually before the battery died but RTH was a far easier option.  
2017-1-7
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

I use it regularly.   In fact I usually use it to fly home in most flights.    I am sure to be aware of my flight path, and I always have the RTH altitude set up high enough to clear any obstacles.   There aren't many trees that grow to 300ft.
2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I agree and you should use RTH if you are disorientated or lost. I've seen people crash when using RTH because they are to distracted talking to their friends.
2017-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules