Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Updates Via Battery Charging Hub
7559 14 2017-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Yraegel
Captain
Flight distance : 1411811 ft
United States

Are instructions available for updating battery firmware on multiple batteries with the charging hub? I updated to the December 26th release by putting each  battery on the drone itself. Batteries attached to the hub are not recognized with DJI Assistant when connected to PC USB directly or through the Mavic RC USB connection.

2017-1-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Your batteries are updated from the aircraft firmware that is downloaded from the GO app.
2017-1-7
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

The instructions for the hub says it can receive firmware updates by plugging it into the assistant but nothing happens when you do
2017-1-7
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-7 22:04
The instructions for the hub says it can receive firmware updates by plugging it into the assistant but nothing happens when you do

The instructions are referring to the firmware for the charging hub itself. As far as I am aware, there have been no firmware updates for the hub.
2017-1-7
Use props
bvQlltGg1Yw3
lvl.3
New Zealand

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-7 19:49
Your batteries are updated from the aircraft firmware that is downloaded from the GO app.

Be nice if the hub did all the batteries connected.
Currently I have to drop each battery into the Mavic and update individually.
Bit of a pain.
2017-1-7
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-7 19:49

Let me rephrase. What is the micro-USB port for on the Battery Charging Hub, only  for updating the Hub FW itself?
2017-1-8
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
United States

boostedford Posted at 2017-1-7 22:04

Right, but as far as I know there is no new Hub FW if that is all the port is used for.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Yraegel Posted at 2017-1-8 10:54
Let me rephrase. What is the micro-USB port for on the Battery Charging Hub, only  for updating the Hub FW itself?

That is correct.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... ry+Charging+Hub.pdf
Capture.JPG
2017-1-8
Use props
boostedford
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

Yeah but nothing happens in assistant when i plug it in it shows to connect usb so i couldn't even upate if there was one or at least see what firmware is om it
2017-1-8
Use props
Yraegel
Captain
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-8 12:06
That is correct.https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/mavic/MAVIC+Battery+Charging+Hub.pdf

Thank you Ken.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

No problem at all, have a great week.
2017-1-8
Use props
Bmanpoo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1434 ft
United States

I'm still not satisfied with the answers here. The owners manual for the charging hub clearly shows it needs to have firmware upgrades too. Yet when hooked up as shown, via the usb port in the corner of the charging hub, dji assistant does not recognize its existence.

Also, I'm not clear on the battery upgrades. I see above comment says the battery is upgraded with the aircraft upgrade. So is that to say, if you have 3 batteries, you have to do the upgrade process 3 times, each with a different battery? And how do you know if the battery is up to date? DJI Assistant just show one current version, which I assume is for the aircraft itself, and not the battery. So confusing.
2017-4-27
Use props
fans633bf404
First Officer
Flight distance : 1166483 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi to all.
Just had a chat with the DJI support team. You have to put the batterie in the Mavic and the connect it to the Assistant 2. If the batterie needs an update it will tell you and it takes about 1 minute for the update. Done this on all batteries it worked fine.
Greetings Roger

2017-6-28
Use props
Miles
New

Australia

If I were you I wouldn't use the charging hub, full stop. I kept 3 new batteries on maintenance in there, rarely using them and 2 out of 3 are dead. I keep the survivor in my drawer these days.
2017-8-11
Use props
TriptyX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 349226 ft
Croatia

you left the batteries plugged in the hub for a long time?
2018-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules