Altitude hold issue
2686 14 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

Hello,

What is your average descent speed when landing?

Since day 1, my Mavic is very very slow to descent, with an average of 0.3m/s so i let you imagine how difficult it is to even RTH.

Yesterday, i did a few tests and i realized that after a few meter height (which i suppose to be above the VPS limits) my mavic is slowly climbing without ANY throttle command being issue. For example, doing nothing above 9m height, if i wait 3/4 minutes, the mavic can be around 20-25m height.

Same effect when i fly just straight, it goes straight but it also climb.

I would like to share my flight logs with some of the guys @ DJI here. Can one of you help ?

Thanks !
2017-1-8
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Was it in snowy conditions ?
2017-1-8
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

No, i experience this since day 1 last november and have put that on the new form factor/ weight/ system compared to my Inspire 1 or Phantom 4.

Yesterday, while looking on a flight i did several weeks ago, i realized the "altitude gain without throttle command" effect i'm experiencing. So i did a big  flying session which made me realize that my Mavic may be faulty.

2017-1-8
Use props
SJT
lvl.2

United Kingdom

sukoshi Posted at 2017-1-8 01:53
No, i experience this since day 1 last november and have put that on the new form factor/ weight/ system compared to my Inspire 1 or Phantom 4.

Yesterday, while looking on a flight i did several weeks ago, i realized the "altitude gain without throttle command" effect i'm experiencing. So i did a big  flying session which made me realize that my Mavic may be faulty.

I remember seeing a video on the DC Rainmaker website testing the Mavic in high winds right next to the Phantom. It looked like the Mavic was better at holding altitude. I'd say you might have a faulty one.
2017-1-8
Use props
fans749b7088
lvl.2
Flight distance : 545948 ft
Singapore

Maybe you want to check out this topic: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77495

It also talks about the Mavic ascending automatically without controller input. A (temporary) solution might be to turn off 'Downward VPS'.
2017-1-8
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

fans749b7088 Posted at 2017-1-8 02:29
Maybe you want to check out this topic: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77495

It also talks about the Mavic ascending automatically without controller input. A (temporary) solution might be to turn off 'Downward VPS'.

Thanks a lot. That 's exactly the same for me. VPS sometimes show 0.2m while i'm above that.
2017-1-8
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Singapore

sukoshi Posted at 2017-1-8 02:45
Thanks a lot. That 's exactly the same for me. VPS sometimes show 0.2m while i'm above that.

Yep, that's exactly the problem that other people have as well. As an interim solution just disable the downward VPS and you should be good.

Just bear in mind that your Mavic wouldn't track downward clearance anymore and you can't benefit from some of the landing features. However, I currently don't mind these so much as drone flying is anyway completely new for me so there is plenty for me to learn anyway ;-)
2017-1-8
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

I come from DJI F450/F550/Phantom2/ Phantom3/Inspire1/Phantom4

So i feel a bit dumb not being asked myself how come my Mavic would react as such

Anyway, i'll ask for a RMA and for our friends @ DJI for advice.
2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello sukoshi, have you tried to do the VPS calibration?
Please export the flight data and upload it to dropbox.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2017-1-9
Use props
JoostBoZ
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-9 00:56
Hello sukoshi, have you tried to do the VPS calibration?
Please export the flight data and upload it to dropbox.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.

Hi DJI Mindy,

Maybe good to merge this thread with the following: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=77495

The problem outlined in this thread is the same as the one being tackled by a group of DJI pilots and your colleagues DJI-Ken. The problem also certainly doesn't have to do with the downward facing cameras (i.e. monocular sensors) as part of the VPS (which you're referring to re-calibrate), but to the ultrasonic sensors that the software / firmware is misinterpreting.
2017-1-9
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

Thanks a lot DJI Mindy.

I've shared the box.com link in private. I also doubt the VPS needs calibration as DJI Go tells everything is ok.

It is more related to the ultrasonic sensors acting weird.
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

sukoshi Posted at 2017-1-9 08:03
Thanks a lot DJI Mindy.

I've shared the box.com link in private. I also doubt the VPS needs calibration as DJI Go tells everything is ok.

I have replied you. Did you receive that?
2017-1-10
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

Belgium

Just received and answered with another link with my flight logs :

https://conair.boxcn.net/s/lcnahs3x9hkfqz5g5emxzda6cjzmy7qa
2017-1-10
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

FYI factory reset / calibration doesn't help.

disabling VPS does.
2017-1-14
Use props
sukoshi
lvl.2

France

Issue was fixed after a RMA.
DJI Europe told the device was repaired with an exchanged Core Board, but i discovered that they just sent a brand new Mavic.
Thanks DJI !
2017-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules