Insert one battery and get an error
836 8 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

The manual says if your using one battery insert in right hand slot. I tried this today to quickly review my camera settings. I got an error message "insert more batteries" and continuted with the message until i powered off and  inserted the second one. Then everyting was normal. The GO appliaction was responsible for the paring of the two batteries not me!! So i assume that once paried both must be inserted or the error will continue. I dont have anymore to try if one works on its own!
2017-1-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Not to be a smarty , but are you using in relation to the Aircraft "Right Side " slot .  If you were to be looking at the nose of the AC straight on , the" right" slot would be on YOUR left.
That is why on ships there is,  Port - Starbord    Bow and Stern .  On the AC it would be the Starboard side .
Once again , not trying to be a  difficult git .  It just that I had this problem when first starting in RC.  

donnie

2017-1-8
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is that something like when I fly my real plane its in knots and not mph????    Good god, its a aircraft not a freaking boat.   lol
2017-1-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's pretty clear which battery is the "A" side
Rich
Untitled.jpg
2017-1-8
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-8 17:40
It's pretty clear which battery is the "A" side
Rich
[view_image]

Yes Rich , we know how often members read the release notes and manuals...... How many of the " Oh no, I updated the RC before the AC and I am stuck in Travel Mode " have we seen .

Also when first starting out I made the Left Right mistake on the AC error .

donnie
2017-1-9
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-9 05:39
Yes Rich , we know how often members read the release notes and manuals...... How many of the " Oh no, I updated the RC before the AC and I am stuck in Travel Mode " have we seen .

Also when first starting out I made the Left Right mistake on the AC error .

Hi Donnie,
We have all been there at some point in time and me included.  Sometimes a picture is worth a lot  

The quick start and main manuals pack a lot of information in them. Even as complete as they are, there are some details missing.
1) It would be nice if DJI would provide an detailed explanation of the battery heaters and how much power drain could be expected during use?
2) Or if I am using one battery to power up my Inspire 2, what are the benefits and limitations?

I understand that the owners manual can only cover so much before it becomes a bible, but some of the new technology's employed should have more information included.

Rich
2017-1-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2017-1-9 09:53
Hi Donnie,
We have all been there at some point in time and me included.  Sometimes a picture is worth a lot  

Amen to that brother

donnie
2017-1-9
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Did we get confirmation that it is indeed supposed to run with one battery?  When I asked this initially, DJI stated two had to be installed.  But there it is, plain as day in the manual.  If it still requires two, then it must be in error.
2017-1-10
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

I can use one battery when im on the ground and using DJI GO 4 to configure or do other maintenance things. But i still get periodic error messages saying "install more batteries"

I think its because its a pair, and they need to be installed together. Today i get a new set of batteries and will try with just one in the A slot and see what happens
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules