Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
The nose of the aircraft and which direction in the APP.
1374 5 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vikassi
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

Hello,

When the nose of my aircraft is directly ahead, and I am standing behind the aircraft, looking at the battery, the icon in the DJI go app has the point facing the home point or where I am standing, but when I watch the flight in the DJI GO app, the icon (that looks like a paper plane) has the point facing away from me.  Is this normal?  

Thanks!
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

The little red paper plane icon in the radar display should be pointing the same direction as your Phantom is.
If the compass in your phone/tablet (not your Phantom) is poorly calibrated, the indicator may not point in the correct direction.
Google will find recalibration instructions for your phone/tablet
2017-1-8
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 14:46
The little red paper plane icon in the radar display should be pointing the same direction as your Phantom is.
If the compass in your phone/tablet (not your Phantom) is poorly calibrated, the indicator may not point in the correct direction.

Wow, I've been flying backwards then!  I have an iPhone 7 and will look to see how to re-calibrate it.  Jeez, its backwards on my phone.
2017-1-8
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 2017-1-8 14:46

So I just tested this outside and found there's a lock button on the map portion of the DJI app.  I unlocked it, because it was locked and now the nose is supposed to be where its supposed to be.  I must have locked it by mistake.
2017-1-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-8 18:26
So I just tested this outside and found there's a lock button on the map portion of the DJI app.  I unlocked it, because it was locked and now the nose is supposed to be where its supposed to be.  I must have locked it by mistake.

Yes .. the map can display north up (locked) or track up.
2017-1-8
Use props
WilliamM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-8 18:26

I believe it goes into lock mode by default, so you need to unlock it every time.
2017-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules