mavic and ipad mini 4 help needed [Solved]
1098 6 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
HWKIDD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22877 ft
United States

well,  I ended up getting a Ipad mini 4 to use on the Mavic,   and  I set it up tonight, and was required to do a update,   so everything is up to date on firm ware updates,
well after the update, and reboot,  i only get 1/4 the screen with a picture, and the rest is a blured mess,   I know I read articles,  on here about settings needed,
but can for the life of me can not locate them,  if someone uses a mini 3 or 4 with the latest ios system,  can  give me the steps to set this up to get a full screen
picture,  I would be most greatful,   I read something about turning on de buging but can not find the info,  or not even sure if that is my issue,   I am a android phone guy,
and a windows computer guy,  so  the ios, is a bit strange, but i love the way the mini fits the controler, so its worth learning another system,  again, thanks in advance

and if anyone knows the  thread I am looking for and can send me the link,  i  sure I can figure out  how to use it,   

update,  think I might have gotten lucky and  figured it out,,,  after several reboots,  and the same thing,  I remember  dji Ken telling folks to  uninstall and reinstall the dji ap,  so I did, and  it is working perfect now,  so,   maybe if its not raining tomorrow, since the temp is now back in the 40's from the 20's  I will be able to get out and see how it works with the
new mini 4,,,  love the size of it,   all the  info is so much larger, and eazer to get at,  for a old man with glasses, thats a great thing,,,  happy droning
\

2017-1-8
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

I have a Mini 4 that works flawlessly, but when I first turned on my Mavic and used my iPhone 6 most of the screen was a pixelated mess or just black.  After rebooting the iPhone it also has been fine since.  You've probably done this, but have you tried jump-starting it a few times just to see if that shakes it out?
2017-1-8
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-1-8 19:29
I have a Mini 4 that works flawlessly, but when I first turned on my Mavic and used my iPhone 6 most of the screen was a pixelated mess or just black.  After rebooting the iPhone it also has been fine since.  You've probably done this, but have you tried jump-starting it a few times just to see if that shakes it out?

thanks for the reply,  I updated my  first post,   I  ended up  uninstalling the app, and  reloading, and the pixel problem went away,    so I am excited to try it,   is there any other pointer you have noticed with the mini, that might help me,   like I said  ios is new to me,   some things are almost the same but others or not,    I also just received the dji  shade for this unit,  a little small for the mini pad,  but  it just might work with a little more added to the top shade,,,  not sure if I like it on the antennas yet,  but nicely made,  again, thanks for the input ,,, Ron
2017-1-8
Use props
HWKIDD
lvl.3
United States

BuzzCut Posted at 2017-1-8 19:29

also, do shut down any apps,   and do you have  just wifi,  or cell,  mine is cell,  I heard, that if its cell,  you really do not need the data plan, for the gps to work,   don't know for sure,  but  I was going to ad data, anway,, but this mini is going to be  used, for travel when we take the drone, , and then on the drone only,  
2017-1-8
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-8 19:52
also, do shut down any apps,   and do you have  just wifi,  or cell,  mine is cell,  I heard, that if its cell,  you really do not need the data plan, for the gps to work,   don't know for sure,  but  I was going to ad data, anway,, but this mini is going to be  used, for travel when we take the drone, , and then on the drone only,

AFAICT you only need a data plan to show map data in the field somewhere out of wifi range. I think you might be able to cache map data while you do have a wifi connection but am not 100% on that.  I guess if you have a smart phone with a service plan that allows using the phone as a hotspot, that could work, too.

2017-1-8
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

HWKIDD Posted at 2017-1-8 19:52

Great news!  I have WiFi only and it works superbly.

I tend to shut all other apps down as a rule, though I'be never noticed an issue either way.

Enjoy!!
2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your sorted so enjoy good luck..
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced