1295 2 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I was wondering if there is existing documents anywhere that would aid as a basic generic Risk Assessment for flying a MAVIC under standard circumstances, and a description of safety measures in place to mitigate those safety risks,
ie:
-> Risk of losing controller control during flight:
- how often / under what circumstances does it happen?
- what happens (can go wrong) if it happens and what's the lieklyhood of thos scenarios?
- What happens IF the controller looses control, automic return, does this always work, what happens if it doesn't
...etc etc, you get the idea.

Point being, all this flight data is being recorded, and no where can I find total statistics amounting to flight risk etc. for specific drones.
As controllers we have to fly responsibly, and operate the RPA at a 'reasonable risk'.
But how to you assess it / prove it without data, and tests showing the failsafes working as intended?
cheers!

2017-1-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello AVsupport, the interference or incorrect orientation of the antenna might cause the signal lost.
Please try to adjust the antenna first or shorten the distance.
Please make sure you had set the proper RTH altitude. It will return to home if the signal lost.
If it doesn't return, please sync your flight records first then get in touch with our tech support.
They will be able to assist you.
2017-1-8
Use props
AVsupport
lvl.4
Flight distance : 618734 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Sorry @DJI Mindy, perhaps I wasn't clear in my post:
This isn't about an actual occurrence, this is about a generic risk assessment, and the technological safety measures mitigating those risks.
This is not about an isolated incident. But thanks for reading & your reply!
2017-1-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules