Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Replacement Aircraft without batt, cam or remote (Sta) from DJI
863 9 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oxygenic
New

Sweden

Hi! My P3 Standard had a - what seemed as a minor - crash from a clouse encounter with a branch. It flipped upside down and crashed into the snow with motors revving full throttle.
After the crash one of the motors would just stutter and not spin up. I then opened the aircraft and switch place on with the opposite motor - conclusion: motor is fine but main board / ESC isn't.

A replacement ESC main board is quite expensive - so it's either down to buying a new repleacement aircraft and move over the camera and reuse my battery and remote. Or buy a used P3 instead for like 150 EUR more. That would give me an extra battery which is nice.

But money is money, and now comes my question;

The replacement unit for P3 Standard: http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-3-aircraft-5-8g-sta

How does it look like underneath - is there cables (2 flex and 2 coax) coming out of the aircraft body so I easily can put on my camera from the crashed one?
Or isn't there any cables at all? That would require me to pry the replacement unit open and mess around connecting old cables inside it...

Dji Tech support couldn't answer, they redirected to sales support who said don't buy that one, buy the more expensive one that includes camera and battery. They wouldn't answer my question about cables at all. Have spoken to 4 different support persons now, quite dissapointed...

2017-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Sorry and don't mean to be rude ... but you really expected DJI to answer that ??

You need to get on an independent forum and ask such questions ...

Nigel
2017-1-9
Use props
Oxygenic
New

Sweden

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-9 05:46
Sorry and don't mean to be rude ... but you really expected DJI to answer that ??

You need to get on an independent forum and ask such questions ...

Yes I do expect them to answer that since they are selling that goddamn kit?

It IS something they sell, then they should now: yes there is cable included - or - no, there isn't any cable?!
2017-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

I fully understand your frustration and question ... but you will not get a straight answer here.

I have had so many conflicting answers from various DJI Tech - that I have given up asking them anything.

As I suggested - I would drop over to an independent forum such as Phantompilots .. RCGroups etc, to see if you get any answer ... they are far more active and informational there ...
My apologies to DJI for mentioning other forums - but guy needs answers.

You will likely strike up with someone who has actually used the kit etc.

Nigel
2017-1-9
Use props
fansb7653542
Second Officer
Flight distance : 36 ft

United States

I agree with Oxygenic. Expecting a detailed account of what you are paying for is standard. It should be black & white.
2017-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

I didnt say I disagreed with Oxygenic ... I just pointed out the likely lack of outcome on this DJI forum.

Nigel
2017-1-9
Use props
Oxygenic
New

Sweden

solentlife Posted at 2017-1-9 10:02
I didnt say I disagreed with Oxygenic ... I just pointed out the likely lack of outcome on this DJI forum.

Nigel

You are probably right, I'll sign up on Phantom pilots and try my luck there instead! Thanks!
2017-1-9
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Latvia

There's also quite a gathering on RC Groups ....
2017-1-9
Use props
Oxygenic
New

Sweden

I'm there too now, but so far not a single lead... :-/
2017-1-10
Use props
Oxygenic
New

Sweden

Ok, so today I got the replacement aircraft. The cables were indeed there!
20170117_195913.jpg
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules