Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Goggles Anyone ?? POLL
3283 31 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

So there are some goggles I have seen, but never seen in person, or anyone really talking about them.
Does anyone have them? Does anyone use them?
Are they worth it? Practical?

PLEASE IGNORE option #9 I messed up {:4_156:}
Single SelectVote, Total 68 people participate in voting

Voting has ended

1.47% (1)
10.29% (7)
2.94% (2)
0.00% (0)
1.47% (1)
20.59% (14)
54.41% (37)
1.47% (1)
1.47% (1)
5.88% (4)
0.00% (0)
Your user group with no voting privileges
goggles.png
2017-1-9
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I plan to get the goggles when they are released, but that all depends on cost and quality.  I won't buy them "just to have".  I think the goggles are the ultimate fix for the "screen limitation" on the Mavic and allowing the operator to get the best shot by seeing it in full detail.  The downside is US law, which requires a spotter while wearing them, but I think it'll be the best option for those important shots.  

What I don't understand is WHY ON EARTH did DJI advertise the Mavic and goggles as a FPV setup with KIDS (teens) racing through the trees?  Are they that crazy to think kids are going to save up  (or ask their parents for) $1500 to buy a Mavic and goggles, just so they can go to the local park and fly their new "toys" illegally?  Still trying to wrap my head around the marketing department's choice there.
2017-1-9
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-9 07:39
I plan to get the goggles when they are released, but that all depends on cost and quality.  I won't buy them "just to have".  I think the goggles are the ultimate fix for the "screen limitation" on the Mavic and allowing the operator to get the best shot by seeing it in full detail.  The downside is US law, which requires a spotter while wearing them, but I think it'll be the best option for those important shots.  

What I don't understand is WHY ON EARTH did DJI advertise the Mavic and goggles as a FPV setup with KIDS (teens) racing through the trees?  Are they that crazy to think kids are going to save up  (or ask their parents for) $1500 to buy a Mavic and goggles, just so they can go to the local park and fly their new "toys" illegally?  Still trying to wrap my head around the marketing department's choice there.

that's pretty funny
2017-1-9
Use props
Warrior200
lvl.4

United Kingdom

I'm not buying them I fly fpv racing quads so I get my buzz from them, I use the mavic for filming and I don't think I need them. What I need are batteries more than anything.
2017-1-9
Use props
TechShizzle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 273730 ft
United States

For what it's worth, spoke to DJI at CES-they're not talking about the goggles. One person claimed to not know what they were, and another said they were prototyped only.
2017-1-9
Use props
FrequentFlyer
Second Officer
United States

I dont see how they would be used safely, unless used in a recreation area setup for them. Being that you need to keep the drone within eyesight per FAA.
2017-1-9
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Captain
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

I voted that I will get them but if they wind up being $700 or more, I am not so sure....(my wife will be my spotter to keep me legal)
2017-1-9
Use props
Gary Mac
Second Officer
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

I'd like to see an Occusync  receiver that has an HDMI output. That would allow ANY goggles to be used as well as exporting the view realtime. Then you could choose what you really want to see your video feed on. Even just a USB option out of the RC would be great!
2017-1-9
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.1

Philippines

I think it all depends on the price at the end of the day. Simply having a friend around is good enough to account as a spotter. I think the experience of FPV is pretty cool. But the rumors are that it will be 700 bucks... that would be a bit too much imo.
2017-1-9
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I will only consider them if they are $500 or less and are wireless
2017-1-9
Use props
bighi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 47455053 ft
  • >>>
Austria

By now it's been months since Harry Potter announced them at the launch. I've been looking forward to them but I'm starting to lose hope.
2017-1-11
Use props
LoveJ
First Officer
Flight distance : 43379 ft
China

What's the highest price are you going to pay for? I think it shouldn't be over $500.
2017-1-12
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-1-9 22:10
I will only consider them if they are $500 or less and are wireless

I wouldn't pay $500
2017-1-12
Use props
Chriscycling
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I asked my wife for these for Xmas - looks like Xmas 2017 now
2017-1-12
Use props
Heavysledz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 819491 ft
United States

I would only do so if they had a crystal clear display, VERY low latency and were 100% wireless....
2017-1-12
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

Chriscycling Posted at 2017-1-12 09:02
I asked my wife for these for Xmas - looks like Xmas 2017 now

lol awe well at least there is hope
2017-1-13
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

Heavysledz Posted at 2017-1-12 22:12
I would only do so if they had a crystal clear display, VERY low latency and were 100% wireless....

Hopefully that's what it will be
2017-1-13
Use props
pacepecante
Flight distance : 12195 ft
United States

seeing the announcement of these goggles was one of the factors in deciding to sell my P4 and buy a Mavic. kinda disappointed we haven't heard anything further...
2017-1-13
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

pacepecante Posted at 2017-1-13 08:08
seeing the announcement of these goggles was one of the factors in deciding to sell my P4 and buy a Mavic. kinda disappointed we haven't heard anything further...

ouch, that sucks.. but you have your MAVIC now right?
2017-1-13
Use props
Marvin Verbeek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1357923 ft
Netherlands

I'm very curious about the dji goggles....does anyone know when there coming out and the price will be?
2017-1-14
Use props
iPurvis
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13750 ft
United Kingdom

Anyone thought of just getting a pair of phone VR goggles and a longer cable and running the go app in fullscreen??
2017-1-15
Use props
MarcusPolus
lvl.1
United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-1-15 15:39
Anyone thought of just getting a pair of phone VR goggles and a longer cable and running the go app in fullscreen??

maybe convert it into HDMI and then into your TV!!!! {:4_181:}
2017-1-16
Use props
BARRAVI DRONE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 8267828 ft
Mexico

Hello from Mexico City. I want to know if its possible to connect via USB a second phone device in order to have 2 screens? I fly with the photographer, so he need to see what I´m doing. It´s so unconfortable two people on the same screen. Someone use "lichie" or any other app? It works for this need?
2017-1-18
Use props
ChuckC81
New

United States

iPurvis Posted at 2017-1-15 15:39

Yes alot of people use the $19 Litchi App for iPhone/Android, and $5-$20 set of Google Cardboards to hold the smartphone. Drone Valley has more than one video on this:
2017-1-18
Use props
martin1504
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1130581 ft
Austria

I read in an other thread that DJI won't release the goggles before the end of 2017. -  Maybe together with the Mavic 2

I will use the Epson BT-300 for FPV. With this VR you are able to keep the direct contact to your copter. - In some countries this is obliged to legal. (f.e.: Austria)
2017-1-18
Use props
fans2e9aa3da
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7159 ft
United States

Litchi app with any VR goggles. Set c1 or c2 to toggle cameras. This allows you to see from the drone or the camera in the phone. Giving you line of  sight without taking off goggles.
The Fiit goggles work great for me.
IMG_7122.JPG
2017-1-29
Use props
fans90d4f438
lvl.4
Flight distance : 451335 ft
United States

those who question DJI selling the goggles because it would mean the user wearing them  would then violate "US LAW by not flying in line of sight" have flawed logic.
#1 It's like asking "why do car makers sell cars in the USA that can go above the legal speed limit. It would allow them to violate law".  (AND? your point??)
#2 For recreational flying, there is NO USA LAW that prohibits flying FPV/Flying non line of sight.

Know the difference between "suggested", "guidelines", and actual LAW.
2017-1-29
Use props
fans3cedbc2a
New
United States

You can use any vr glasses,  woot has one for sale right now for less than $20
2017-1-29
Use props
CyberNate
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14581234 ft
United States

BARRAVI DRONE Posted at 2017-1-18 16:03
Hello from Mexico City. I want to know if its possible to connect via USB a second phone device in order to have 2 screens? I fly with the photographer, so he need to see what I´m doing. It´s so unconfortable two people on the same screen. Someone use "lichie" or any other app? It works for this need?

Use an apple device for the controller screen and use airplay to send to android tablet through airscreen app.  Works well.
2017-1-29
Use props
aviscomi
lvl.4

United States

martin1504 Posted at 2017-1-18 23:41
I read in an other thread that DJI won't release the goggles before the end of 2017. -  Maybe together with the Mavic 2

I will use the Epson BT-300 for FPV. With this VR you are able to keep the direct contact to your copter. - In some countries this is obliged to legal. (f.e.: Austria)

I just received a pre-release of the EPSON Moverio BT-300 glasses (Drone Edition) and will be field testing them today (2/4/17).  I had to side-load the DJI GO 4.0 app onto them and bench tested the latency which was nominal.
2017-2-4
Use props
BBZ149
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241207 ft
United Kingdom

I won’t be buying that big ugly and probably expensive Googles!!! My Nvidea Shield K1 connected to a Pair of Fatshark Dominators 3's via HDMI works just fine!
2017-2-4
Use props
Gallacherboy
lvl.3
Flight distance : 778209 ft
United Kingdom

CyberNate Posted at 2017-1-29 11:43
Use an apple device for the controller screen and use airplay to send to android tablet through airscreen app.  Works well.

Can you Airplay from iPhone to iPad? If so, could you explain how
2017-2-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules