Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Master/Slave remote issue [SOLVED]
8539 9 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RikDingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Hi guys, I have a problem with the slave remote on my inspire 1v2
- I can bind the slave remote
- everything works fine
- on the slave I can move the gimbal with my finger on the screen of the device (I can do it on the master too)
- the right roll works
- the right photo button works
- BUT the joysticks have no effect on the gimbal (I tried default settings and custom) the the left roll has no effect either

- So I switched the two remotes (master becomes slave and slave becomes master), the joysticks on the now master work (So it is not a physical problem) the issue remains the same, I can do everything on the slave BUT moving the gimbal with the joysticks...

IDEAS ARE WELCOME !!!!!!!!!  

2017-1-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

You need to go into the"remote control settings" on the go app  with all systems on and ready and ask permission from  the Slave RC to the Master if the Slave can take on the camera contol  role , or for that matter if you enable the "Coach " mode feature , where the slave has full control of the entire aircraft  ( Unless over-ridden  by the master ) .

I did not see you mention this fact so just wanted to point it out if you were not aware .

***When you set the slave to master , do you have normal control of the camera gimabal Pan and tilt ?  
Also do you have the RC sticks defaulted on the slave and master set to Mode 2 ( If indeed this is what you use , most pilots do )
Are both master RC and slave on the same version of FW .  go to the About page on the go app to make sure .  

Let us know

donnie
also video below

2017-1-9
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

Also found this , depends what version currently have , may need to rollback and then update again .  If you do this you may need to re link with the  AC nwith the RC.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-61962-1-1.html

Also on this thread lin post #8 ,there is a reset procedure, might want to try that first .  
good luck

donnie

2017-1-9
Use props
RikDingo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2358225 ft
France

Solved : I'm so stupid !! You just need to ckick on request permission (on the slave remote)
2017-1-10
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

RikDingo Posted at 2017-1-10 07:59
Solved : I'm so stupid !! You just need to ckick on request permission (on the slave remote)

So you mean this statement worked for you:

"You need to go into the"remote control settings" on the go app  with all systems on and ready and ask permission from  the Slave RC to the Master if the Slave can take on the camera contol  role"
Ouch !  Now may shoulder hurts from patting myself on the back......

Just kiddin , glad you have it resolved, and PS you are not STUPID, it happens to all of us sometimes, no worries RikDingo

donnie
2017-1-10
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-10 08:25
So you mean this statement worked for you:

"You need to go into the"remote control settings" on the go app  with all systems on and ready and ask permission from  the Slave RC to the Master if the Slave can take on the camera contol  role"

Buddies, need some help here, please! I bought a used remote, which firmware version the previous owner is not aware/doesn't know which is. When I try to connect the slave to my I1's master remote (With the infamous Zenmuse Z3), It simply can't connect to my Master remote. I enter the DJI GO APP through the slave and no image appears, all greyed. I enter the sub menu to search for the master but there's not this search option! I Enter the Master's sub menu to search for the slave and, same thing: click and it doesn't even search for the slaves around. My firmwares are: 1.9.40/1.9.30+ for craft and gimbal and 1.7.60 for remote (Master remote). Camera is Zenmuse Z3. Master works normally, but the new one (slave) displays the purple light all the time and can't find the master or connect to the craft's camera! Also, I tried to find the 1.7.60 remote firmware ( 'Cause I thought that could be the issue between them), but I can't find on the web someone with the file (not even here in DJi's Zenmuse Z3 page). IS this 1.7.60 version actually the 1.9.40 specific for Z3 (available on DJi's Z3 page)? Because I also tried to install the pre-install 1.9.30 and 1.9.40 versions, specific for Z3, straight to the slave remote, but nothing happened...PLEASE, ANY HELP IS WELCOME!
2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-1-14 15:52
Buddies, need some help here, please! I bought a used remote, which firmware version the previous owner is not aware/doesn't know which is. When I try to connect the slave to my I1's master remote (With the infamous Zenmuse Z3), It simply can't connect to my Master remote. I enter the DJI GO APP through the slave and no image appears, all greyed. I enter the sub menu to search for the master but there's not this search option! I Enter the Master's sub menu to search for the slave and, same thing: click and it doesn't even search for the slaves around. My firmwares are: 1.9.40/1.9.30+ for craft and gimbal and 1.7.60 for remote (Master remote). Camera is Zenmuse Z3. Master works normally, but the new one (slave) displays the purple light all the time and can't find the master or connect to the craft's camera! Also, I tried to find the 1.7.60 remote firmware ( 'Cause I thought that could be the issue between them), but I can't find on the web someone with the file (not even here in DJi's Zenmuse Z3 page). IS this 1.7.60 version actually the 1.9.40 specific for Z3 (available on DJi's Z3 page)? Because I also tried to install the pre-install 1.9.30 and 1.9.40 versions, specific for Z3, straight to the slave remote, but nothing happened...PLEASE, ANY HELP IS WELCOME!

Are you sure that you have the remote RC  for the Inspire ?  The Remotes look alike but the Phantom Remotes won't work with the Inspire .  Next , You don't update the RC with a SD card ( In most cases anyway ) You update the RC with a Wi fi connection .  Have you ever updated the RC before ?  If so you do the slave RC  the same way .  If you don't have the Same FW on BOTH RC remotes , it won't work.  

You are trying to update the remotes with the Firmware that is used ONLY for the RC.  I suggest you read the Instruction manual cover to cover and watch all the Instructional videos as well.

Do you only own the Z3 camera ? Do you not still have the X3 ?
You  cannot  update the Aircraft with the Z3 ( 95% sure on this ) and I know for CERTAIN you can't update the RC with the Aircraft and Z3 firmware. Must use the X3 or X5
Also go to the 'Abou" tab on the Slave RC go app  with the RC transmitter turned on  ( Aircraft   (AC )off ). What version is currently loaded to the Slave RC. ???It may be an old one say 1.1 or 1.2 If so let me know .  You will have to load version 1.3 file then update the Rc to version 1.7.  Depends how old that RC slave transmitter you bought has been sitting around.  Once again  ARE YOU SURE IT IS FOR THE INSPIRE ????

Also Post  Your concern if you still have troubles  in a new thread when you have an issue like this , more members will see it .  It will tend to get buried in a thread like this .

donnie
Go to this link on how to update RC via wi fi.  It is for the Phanotm line but is the same for the Inspire 1 .  Make sure you have a good wi fi connection to the go app device and the RC is on and connected to the go app device via cable.  Make sure the Ac is OFF. then follow along .  You must get the slave RC version to match the Master RC.

DJI Phantom 3 Adv/Pro - Upgrading Remote Controller Firmware

2017-1-15
Use props
WellFlightz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 181358 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-15 05:47
Are you sure that you have the remote RC  for the Inspire ?  The Remotes look alike but the Phantom Remotes won't work with the Inspire .  Next , You don't update the RC with a SD card ( In most cases anyway ) You update the RC with a Wi fi connection .  Have you ever updated the RC before ?  If so you do the slave RC  the same way .  If you don't have the Same FW on BOTH RC remotes , it won't work.  

You are trying to update the remotes with the Firmware that is used ONLY for the RC.  I suggest you read the Instruction manual cover to cover and watch all the Instructional videos as well.

Sorry for delaying answer, buddy, and thanks for your help! It's solved! That was a RC firmware outdated only...updated through DJI GO and it works perfectly...only issue now is my Z3 which continues with focus issues, corners are all the time out of focus, there's no more infinite focus as on X3...footages keep going ruined!...
2017-2-6
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
United States

WellFlightz Posted at 2017-2-6 17:30
Sorry for delaying answer, buddy, and thanks for your help! It's solved! That was a RC firmware outdated only...updated through DJI GO and it works perfectly...only issue now is my Z3 which continues with focus issues, corners are all the time out of focus, there's no more infinite focus as on X3...footages keep going ruined!...

Gad you are up and running , sorry to hear about the Z3......don't own one but hear of lots of issues......sad really .

cheers

donnie
2017-2-7
Use props
SimetriSinema
New

Indonesia

Hello..

I have same problem, my new RC can't search the master controller.. Both RC great as Master, but cant search Master when as Slave.. I'd tried all of suggestion above, Upgrading, downgrading FW both RC, reseting both RC, switching both to Master and Slave back and forward.. But still no luck..
2018-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules