Way points
2307 8 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chronos
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227454 ft
United States

Are waypoints programmable with the Inspire 1pilot software? Wondering before pulling the trigger on an Inspire 1. Any info on this would be great.

2015-2-15
Use props
MarkNJ
lvl.2

United States

Not yet but, according to the manual, available in the future.
2015-2-15
Use props
Chronos
lvl.2
United States

Thanks Mark,

Looking to get a Quad to do high end Video, but would also like it to have Way point capabilities for Mapping as well?

Anyone have Quad suggestions that meet those two standards?
2015-2-17
Use props
pete1144
lvl.3

United States

Chronos Posted at 2015-2-18 01:13
Thanks Mark,

Looking to get a Quad to do high end Video, but would also like it to have Way poi ...

What do you mean by "high end video"?
2015-2-17
Use props
Chronos
lvl.2
United States

Sorry ,
I guess that was a little vague. High end meaning equivalent to the Inspire up to  4K (or close to it) with gimbal format for stability. Not a stationary setup. I like the Inspire 1 but just not sure if the price point is justifiable unless those of you that have flown for a while on different platforms can say it is the cream of the crop?

2015-2-17
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

pete1144@me.com Posted at 2015-2-18 01:41
What do you mean by "high end video"?

The cheapest right now would be to purchase a phantom with a zenmuse gimbal and equip it with a go pro 4 black. That will give you inspire1 (or better) 4k video... That being said, flying my inspire 1 is a dream compared to flying a phantom with all the added stability and speed and live digital hd video. ... The inspire 1 will eventually have way points though if you are willing to wait another couple months.  It was rumored a while back that DJI was waiting for the FAA announcing if their new set of drone rules would preclude way points before implementing the feature..  I would say its definitely coming now.
2015-2-17
Use props
Chronos
lvl.2
United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-2-18 07:57
The cheapest right now would be to purchase a phantom with a zenmuse gimbal and equip it with a go  ...

Thanks for replying Chris...

So your saying that the Inspire was worth the extra coin in your opinion? I like what I have read and seen on YouTube about the Inspire 1, just want to make sure I am getting the value out of dropping a large amount of money on this Quad. Not having a larger scale quad in the stable makes the wallet harder to pull out from the pocket...you know.

Now another question for taking video, do any of you guys think it is best to get the extra TX for the capability of a 2nd user to control the gimbal? Or is the platform set-up well enough to do it from the Pilot app?
2015-2-17
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

Chronos Posted at 2015-2-18 09:30
Thanks for replying Chris...

So your saying that the Inspire was worth the extra coin in your o ...
Is the inspire 1 worth the extra money? In my opinion it's a completely buggy flawed system that was released to early, but it's ABSOLUTELY worth the money. That being said if, I my best friend who was just getting into flying asked me what drone he should buy, I would tell him without hesistation he should start with a phantom. Hope that makes sense.

Regarding dual operator- My take is that you should only spend the money if you consistently plan on flying with another person all the time.  I fly a lot by myself and I'm able to make great videos.  Remember you can always add the second controller later on.. I'd personally spend that 650 on batteries.
2015-2-17
Use props
Chronos
lvl.2
United States

Thanks again Chris-
   Yes it does make sense and I have a Inspire on standby at my Hobby shop right now. getting ready to make the call to them so they can ship it over to me now ..... No Hobby Shop here in Warner Robins, GA  :@  So I am getting it from my old hometown of Augusta. I got him rolling on getting one ordered to his shop the last time in town. And before I threw down the cold cash on it, I wanted one of you guys to give me the dirt on the $3000.00 WIRLYBIRD!

Concerning your battery comment  - have you tried the 5700mah batteries on your bird yet and if so are they worth the extra cash? Are you getting a significant bump in flight times or would it just be better spent on putting it towards another standard battery and just land and swap out the 4500mah ones?
2015-2-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules