12Next >
20939 51 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blucenturion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

I'm running OS 10.12.2, iMac 16 GB RAM, and after about a half dozen tries at downloading DJI ASST 2, I'm at a loss. It would seem like such a no-brainer, just designating the HD as Destination, and HoRNDIS, even though I don't own Android and likely never will. At the end of it all, I have the installer only in my Downloads Folder.

Say, it's not necessary to have the aircraft connected to the Mac, is it? Far fetched as that may seem, just thought I'd ask.

Thanks for any assistance.
2017-1-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

My only 2 suggestions would be 1. Reboot after the installation and 2. Unplug all other USB devices when trying to connect.
2017-1-9
Use props
Jason Lane
lvl.4
Flight distance : 260144 ft
Philippines

And no, you don't need to have the aircraft connected during the installation process. After Assistant is installed, you can start the program, switch on the aircraft, and connect it via USB to the Mac.
2017-1-9
Use props
Watty2000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1074301 ft
United Kingdom

You have installed the Assistant after you've downloaded it I take it?
2017-1-9
Use props
Gary Mac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 741683 ft
United States

Go look in Launchpad, mine showed up there.  I haven't had any issues with it.  Be sure you have the latest version.

Gary
2017-1-9
Use props
Blucenturion
lvl.2
Flight distance : 362995 ft
United States

Gary Mac Posted at 2017-1-9 12:46
Go look in Launchpad, mine showed up there.  I haven't had any issues with it.  Be sure you have the latest version.

Gary

Launchpad is indeed where it was found. Thanks all.
2017-1-9
Use props
fans32612b7d
New

United States

Looked all over for where Assistant file went. Thanks for this information..
2017-2-16
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 466 ft
Australia

fans32612b7d Posted at 2017-2-16 19:48
Looked all over for where Assistant file went. Thanks for this information..

Mac osx 10.6.8  Updated the Mavic with new firmware flies great but now get a message need to calibrate vision sensors in Assistant 2.This is where the crap begins  down load sucessfull  ,install sucessfull .Then this horndis page says I need to install .WTF .I install anyway says complete .After hours of searching I found a hexagon symbol shape with assistant wording .I can right click and have a look but can't open it with mavic connected or not   .
Any help please

2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-2-17 14:26
Mac osx 10.6.8  Updated the Mavic with new firmware flies great but now get a message need to calibrate vision sensors in Assistant 2.This is where the crap begins  down load sucessfull  ,install sucessfull .Then this horndis page says I need to install .WTF .I install anyway says complete .After hours of searching I found a hexagon symbol shape with assistant wording .I can right click and have a look but can't open it with mavic connected or not   .
Any help please

I have a Mac as well and have no issues, you've allowed Assistant2 to run from your security preferences if it asks for that ?
2017-2-17
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-17 14:45
I have a Mac as well and have no issues, you've allowed Assistant2 to run from your security preferences if it asks for that ?

Thanks Ken   When I click on  assistant I get a grey surround nothing more If I right click and select open nothing no messages or any responce I am computor illiterate so that does'nt help

2017-2-17
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-2-17 15:01
Thanks Ken   When I click on  assistant I get a grey surround nothing more If I right click and select open nothing no messages or any responce I am computor illiterate so that does'nt help

Try to uninstall and reinstall, I'm not sure why it's not working on your Mac.
2017-2-17
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-17 17:28
Try to uninstall and reinstall, I'm not sure why it's not working on your Mac.

uninstalled and installed about 6 times some with horndis and some without, Is horndiss needed ? I have a 14 pounder here just can't decide on the mac or the mavic{:4_142:}
2017-2-17
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-2-17 19:38
uninstalled and installed about 6 times some with horndis and some without, Is horndiss needed ? I have a 14 pounder here just can't decide on the mac or the mavic

Anyone that can help with Mac and Assistant 2 please advise.  I was able to download the software and run full firmware upgrades on my mavic, but cannot for the life of me get the RC to connect to upgrade that firmware.

So now when I turn the Mavic on, then the RC, it just gives me the "Connecting" screen of death and the Mavic is quick flashing yellow like it's looking to connect.  I have assured that the mavic is set to RC mode, PLEASE HELP!!!  I want to fly this thing!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

uninstalled and installed about 6 times some with horndis and some without, Is horndiss needed ? I have a 14 pounder here just can't decide on the mac or the mavic

I'm sorry as I don't know why it's not installing on your Mac.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 09:17
Anyone that can help with Mac and Assistant 2 please advise.  I was able to download the software and run full firmware upgrades on my mavic, but cannot for the life of me get the RC to connect to upgrade that firmware.

So now when I turn the Mavic on, then the RC, it just gives me the "Connecting" screen of death and the Mavic is quick flashing yellow like it's looking to connect.  I have assured that the mavic is set to RC mode, PLEASE HELP!!!  I want to fly this thing!!!

It's working fine for me.
First plug in the cable, then open the Assistant2, then power on the RC.
Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 11.18.49 AM.png
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-18 10:19

I've done that about 10 times, on 2 Macs and 1 PC...
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-18 10:19

Untitled.jpg

Just to ensure I was doing it correctly, I did the exact sequence you provided... "Connecting_" is all I get with nothing registering on Assistant
2017-2-18
Use props
tomcos14
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1635643 ft
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 11:37
[view_image]

Just to ensure I was doing it correctly, I did the exact sequence you provided... "Connecting_" is all I get with nothing registering on Assistant

Try plugging the actual Mavic Pro into the computer and not the remote.
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

tomcos14 Posted at 2017-2-18 12:21
Try plugging the actual Mavic Pro into the computer and not the remote.

That works fine, and I have no issues updating the firmware on the Mavic.  It's my understanding I need to upgrade the firmware on the RC too.

I'm assuming this to be the case, because now I cannot get the RC to connect to the Mavic.  I've tried every recommendation available with no luck.

If you have any ideas, please share.  I'd really love to fly this thing with something other than WiFi!!!
2017-2-18
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Australia

Well never thought I would say this have just installed Ass 2 to laptop windows 10 ,simple and no dramas.Calibrated the VPS and all good I hardly ever use windows 10 as I thought it was crap
2017-2-18
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Yeah if you have vm software, can always use that. I read you can daisy chain the computer to the remote, out the remote second port into the mavic and get them both in on swoop. But when I tried that, it didn't work (Windows 7 64 in a vm). It might work on apple.
2017-2-18
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-2-18 16:55
Yeah if you have vm software, can always use that. I read you can daisy chain the computer to the remote, out the remote second port into the mavic and get them both in on swoop. But when I tried that, it didn't work (Windows 7 64 in a vm). It might work on apple.

Sorry, probably a noob questions, but what is vm software?
2017-2-18
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 17:53
Sorry, probably a noob questions, but what is vm software?

Virtual Machines. They let you run other operating systems on the same rig at the same time. Like apple can run windows, windows can run apple hackintosh. Or what most do, run linux in windows, or vise versa. The number of os you can run simultaneously depends on memory. Run vmware workstation over here.

What's great is you can have a throw away install to test apps. So install like dji software in a vm, let it do what it does. Then restore a snapshot of a time before it was installed and your back clean. You don't have to risk your environment just to test software.
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-18 11:37
[view_image]

Try a different USB cable, also try removing that device connected to the side of your Mac.
2017-2-20
Use props
Hogie
New

United States

Defender4he1 Posted at 2017-2-17 15:01

When you click it to open Hold down the Button between Cntl and Alt. The windows button i call it. Then keep holding and press open. This will allow you to open the software. My computer would not allow me to open it as it said it was from an unknown developer. this is the work around to that issue.
2017-2-20
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-20 07:02
Try a different USB cable, also try removing that device connected to the side of your Mac.

Unfortunately I can't.  I have 4 USB-C inputs as I have a new MacBook Pro.  However I tried this on my MacBook with a different USB-C to USB cable, my iMac, and a PC with none of them recognizing my RC.

Hope to find a solution, because right now flying this with my phone over WiFi is limiting.
2017-2-20
Use props
Defender4he1
lvl.2
Australia

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-18 09:48
I'm sorry as I don't know why it's not installing on your Mac.

Ken   Reading up on this ass 2 won't work on any opperating system earlier than 10.10 according to a post on phantom pilots .
2017-2-20
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yea, I just found this post for the first time also.  OS Sierra (10.12) has issues.  Prior to that (10.11 El Capitan and older) run fine.  This has been documented since October elsewhere.  I just assumed 1.0.9 fixed that.  Some of the solutions here are just silly.
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-20 15:31
Unfortunately I can't.  I have 4 USB-C inputs as I have a new MacBook Pro.  However I tried this on my MacBook with a different USB-C to USB cable, my iMac, and a PC with none of them recognizing my RC.

Hope to find a solution, because right now flying this with my phone over WiFi is limiting.

I you cannot get the Assistant2 to connect to the RC, can you find someones PC to update the RC.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-2-20 15:31

I you cannot get the Assistant2 to connect to the RC, can you find someones PC to update the RC.
2017-2-21
Use props
LGangway
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-2-21 07:20

I tried on 2 macs and a PC, no solution.

NOW... after speaking to DJI Support, I've sent back my controller for DJI to replace because they had no recommendations other than what I tried.  This was 2/21.  Their return label took a week to get my controller to DJI (understandable for ground shipping), however I still do not have a replacement controller.  In fact, I just got off the phone with DJI yet again and they haven't even sent me a new controller.  They don't even have a ship date, they are just telling me they hope to have me one sent by the end of the month.  I asked if they would at least overnight me the controller when they got it in, that request is being escalated...

NEEDLESS TO SAY.... I'm not very happy with the whole situation and the handling of it by DJI.  I wish I would have just returned to to B&H photo and purchased a new one.  I didn't because I thought that would take longer than the 2 weeks DJI promised.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

LGangway Posted at 2017-3-15 12:46

NOW... after speaking to DJI Support, I've sent back my controller for DJI to replace because they had no recommendations other than what I tried.  This was 2/21.  Their return label took a week to get my controller to DJI (understandable for ground shipping), however I still do not have a replacement controller.  In fact, I just got off the phone with DJI yet again and they haven't even sent me a new controller.  They don't even have a ship date, they are just telling me they hope to have me one sent by the end of the month.  I asked if they would at least overnight me the controller when they got it in, that request is being escalated...

I'm sorry about that, what is your case# and I can look into it. But you said it's already been escalated so they should be working on it.
2017-3-15
Use props
fans08ada005
New
Norway

Hello

I have the same problem with MAC i have instolled it several times, everytime i try to open the succesfully instoled software it want me to go thrue instalation again, i go crazy
2017-4-5
Use props
fans08ada005
New
Norway

LGangway Posted at 2017-3-15 12:46

i agree with you poor service on a product that could have been great
i cannot solve the front vision calibration, the software is not possible to download on my mac, or on my pc
2017-4-5
Use props
hurstja
Second Officer
Flight distance : 43602 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Assistant is not compatible with 10.12. Works OK on 10.11
2017-4-7
Use props
fans487f37e2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 680525 ft
United Kingdom

Gary

Found it too - thanks - was searching for something called DJI not ASSISTANT lol
2017-5-24
Use props
Chrisabyss
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152582 ft
Australia

Gary

Someone found it... Thanks Gary.
2017-6-11
Use props
darryldob
lvl.1
Australia

Same problem, finally found it! Finder, Applications, Assistant( look for the hexagon icon.
2017-8-7
Use props
darryldob
lvl.1
Australia

Dji Assistant 2. Answer: Finder, Applications, Assistant( hexagon icon).
2017-8-7
Use props
darryldob
lvl.1
Australia

Dji Assistant 2. Answer: Finder, Applications, Assistant( hexagon icon).
2017-8-7
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules