1716 33 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 487077 ft
Italy

Yes,

On forums come people complaining about issues/trubles and piloting errors. So it *should* be a small percentage of the total users (but not all the users with issues go on the forums...), but

Reading how many complain about the problems with the new Pro Plus, since I just ordered one, it makes me want to cancel the order and go for something else, not the I2 because it's another price point.

Please convince me that it's a great purchase, that very very soon DJI will fix all the issues with the Pro+ RC and possibly they will open the USB port to iPads for use with the GCS Pro.

Otherwise they are really stupid.
2017-1-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 298048 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know that they'll open the port to connect another device but I imagine most of the crap we're complaining about will be fixed in the next update which hopefully happens very soon.
2017-1-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Oh and they did say we will be able to get GCS Pro on the built-in screen.
2017-1-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

This is fairly normal, believe me it was the same when P4 was launched, a lot of what you hear on this forum comes from new flyers not used to these aircraft impatience not reading the manual not being able to load firmware properly,   Also as trance728 says firmware will fix most of what are small issues. Also remember there are many many more people with P4Pro, which are flying without problems, it might take a bit of time but soon most if not all these issues will be gone and people will get back to talking about the weather.  Good luck
2017-1-9
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
Flight distance : 728235 ft
  • >>>
United States

How can a company develope such an amazing machine and yet have major problems with the app that controls it. I thought the p+ monitor was suppose to help with this but so far hasnt. And you can't even load healthy drones app on to it. At least with a phone you can reinstall an older app in case the new and improved one just released is junk.. sometimes my plans can't be put on hold waiting for dji to fix the updates they push out
2017-1-9
Use props
Airwolf13
lvl.3
Flight distance : 36995 ft
United States

What major problems are you referring too?  I have had NONE.  Maybe a reboot or two.  And why would DGI allow open architecture to the their devise and then open themselves up to issues that might be caused by other apps?  Don't you think you are asking an awful lot from DJI?  I LOVE my P4P+  Period. No issues at all
2017-1-9
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

See my post at: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6002&fromuid=196747

Update:

Countless hours of flying in all scenarios...  with NO ISSUES WHAT SO EVER...
2017-1-9
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-9 14:17
This is fairly normal, believe me it was the same when P4 was launched, a lot of what you hear on this forum comes from new flyers not used to these aircraft impatience not reading the manual not being able to load firmware properly,   Also as trance728 says firmware will fix most of what are small issues. Also remember there are many many more people with P4Pro, which are flying without problems, it might take a bit of time but soon most if not all these issues will be gone and people will get back to talking about the weather.  Good luck

Haha, read the manual. They neglected to include a pdf viewer on the plus rc making it impossible to read the manual in it.

And I know I can read it elsewhere, but this just shows the amount of testing that was done on it.
2017-1-9
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

A reboot or two?? Really?? That's ok for a dedicated device to run the app? When one spends $1800 on an item..there should be no reboots or screen freezing or video lag. Maybe your ok with it but I'm not. They have been doing this over the past year with the phantom 3's. Everyone is afraid to update to new firmware and app cause I might brick the drone until they get around to fixing it again. I dont always have the time to wait for dji to fix something they screwed up.
2017-1-9
Use props
Jetpilot
lvl.2
Flight distance : 70748 ft
United States

fans66488b86 Posted at 2017-1-9 21:22
A reboot or two?? Really?? That's ok for a dedicated device to run the app? When one spends $1800 on an item..there should be no reboots or screen freezing or video lag. Maybe your ok with it but I'm not. They have been doing this over the past year with the phantom 3's. Everyone is afraid to update to new firmware and app cause I might brick the drone until they get around to fixing it again. I dont always have the time to wait for dji to fix something they screwed up.

It has seemed to work for Microsoft for 30 years.  Why would DJI be held to higher standard.
2017-1-9
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

fans66488b86 Posted at 2017-1-9 16:14
How can a company develope such an amazing machine and yet have major problems with the app that controls it. I thought the p+ monitor was suppose to help with this but so far hasnt. And you can't even load healthy drones app on to it. At least with a phone you can reinstall an older app in case the new and improved one just released is junk.. sometimes my plans can't be put on hold waiting for dji to fix the updates they push out

"How can a company develop such an amazing machine and yet have major problems with the app that controls it. "

They don't.
The problem is that they can't choose who buys their products or the tablets they use.
2017-1-9
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-1-9 21:31
It has seemed to work for Microsoft for 30 years.  Why would DJI be held to higher standard.

and Apple, and so on.

2017-1-9
Use props
jetforce
lvl.3
Denmark

fans66488b86 Posted at 2017-1-9 21:22

I think DJI is doing a great job,

If you want to be one of the first to have new technology, you have to live with small problems.

It will be fixed. DJI always do.
2017-1-9
Use props
fans66488b86
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

jetforce Posted at 2017-1-9 22:16
I think DJI is doing a great job,

If you want to be one of the first to have new technology, you have to live with small problems.

New Technology ?? An App?? An App to run on a monitor they designed for the App? Ground breaking technology!
2017-1-9
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-9 16:31
See my post at: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 6002&fromuid=196747

Update:

Yes thanks, I already read it before to post this thread. You are my solid rock to grab to
2017-1-10
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

Jetpilot Posted at 2017-1-9 21:31

Sorry but this is a bullxxxx.

We are 30 years later, we are piloting flying crafts, technology is already stable on these devices, DJI is the leader on the market and has thousands in R&D.

Bugs and unreliability is unacceptable.
2017-1-10
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-1-10 01:29
Sorry but this is a bullxxxx.

We are 30 years later, we are piloting flying crafts, technology is already stable on these devices, DJI is the leader on the market and has thousands in R&D.

If I was working on the software development of the dedicated screen for the P4Pro+, I would not allow any external apps to be run on it. Many of the problems they have had in the past was because of the huge number of devices people try to use, over which they have no control. A classic case was Samsung, whose update screwed up the operation with the DJI Go app totally.

Ask GoPro what apps they allow you to run on the Karma screen, or perhaps ask Yuneec what apps you can run on the screen of the Typhoon H?

'and has thousands in R&D.'

Rubbish, you just shot your credibility to pieces with that statement.

2017-1-10
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

Geebax Posted at 2017-1-10 01:44
If I was working on the software development of the dedicated screen for the P4Pro+, I would not allow any external apps to be run on it. Many of the problems they have had in the past was because of the huge number of devices people try to use, over which they have no control. A classic case was Samsung, whose update screwed up the operation with the DJI Go app totally.

Ask GoPro what apps they allow you to run on the Karma screen, or perhaps ask Yuneec what apps you can run on the screen of the Typhoon H?

Rubbish, really? Try to make some search.

What's your source?
2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

trance728- Posted at 2017-1-9 20:38
Haha, read the manual. They neglected to include a pdf viewer on the plus rc making it impossible to read the manual in it.

And I know I can read it elsewhere, but this just shows the amount of testing that was done on it.

I've found easiest way is to just print it out, very few companies sending out manuals, usually have to go to websites to find them.
2017-1-10
Use props
BenStein
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2066532 ft
United States

I empathize. The attached sceen shot has been my life with the P4P+ and its built in screen/tablet. In a 2 hour flight session it will usually freeze and stop responding 1-4 times. The first time was a panic (drone was 1/2 mile out in line of sight at about 250 feet) when all i could think to do was reboot the controller.

Once I discovered that just the built in tablet can be rebooted (by holding the button on the screen top) and not break communication with the aircraft the panicy reaction subsided,  but still inexcusable for hrdware and software entirely in control of DJI. I also do happen to agree that no arbitrary 3rd party apps should be installable on the Plus to help stability (although so far that strategy is not working).

p4ppGoNotResponding_sm.jpg
2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-1-10 02:49
Rubbish, really? Try to make some search.

What's your source?

I think your opening question to see if anyone could convince you not to cancel your order, you don't seem to want to listen to people's comments or answers.
If you are worried about P4 plus and not being able to add apps then you have a choice buy P4Pro or buy something else.
I think because of your staunch stand that dji are not producing quality drones falls somewhat in the face of hundreds of thousands of people using dji products.
The people who have put in the time and energy to what is an excellent hobby or work tool.
On all of djis new release products you will have the same type of teething problems, some of it caused by new first time flyers who don't yet have a full understanding of how these aircraft are set up and how they are flown, a huge amount of impatience from what I see on this forum, some of the problems are naturally djis fault, which if you look at released products over the last year, you will see that they have had great success in bringing new flyers and new users up to date on how to use and successfully fly their aircraft.

You purchased your P4Pro plus because you thought it was a great purchase, well it still is.
Your now in a situation where you don't even have the drone and you want your money back, so my advice to you because know one can convince you any different . Is get your money back.
2017-1-10
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-1-10 00:55
Yes thanks, I already read it before to post this thread. You are my solid rock to grab to

Prego amico
2017-1-10
Use props
ePetLicensing.c
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-10 06:19
I think your opening question to see if anyone could convince you not to cancel your order, you don't seem to want to listen to people's comments or answers.
If you are worried about P4 plus and not being able to add apps then you have a choice buy P4Pro or buy something else.
I think because of your staunch stand that dji are not producing quality drones falls somewhat in the face of hundreds of thousands of people using dji products.

One more suggestion... DJI should force FIRST TIMER to do so many hours of flying in beginner mode and than NOT allow them to fly further than few hundred feet and no higher than 50 feet. let them practice on sudden changes and emergency situation and when they graduate they would be allowed in the open space.

This will cut the forums nagging and complaints by 95%...

Some of the stupid questions and complaints:

* Why DJI don't allow me to fly in restricted airspace... DUHHHHHH (it they catch you you end up with fine and jail time)

* Why my drone flew out of the balcony and then plunged...DUHHHHH (balconies has metal rebar in the concrete and in the railing)

* Why my drone flew of my the top of my car and then flew erratically and crashed... DUHHHHH (you can't fly off or near metal objects)

* Why my drone drifted and then crashed... DUHHHHHH (you flipped to Atti or you did NOT have enough Sats/GPS when you flew at night or on cloudy days)

and the list goes on and on and on....

2017-1-10
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-10 06:19

Sorry but you're wrong. I'm not asking a refund, I just shared some concerns. I'm going to receive the package today and will fly ASAP.

I'm a certified operator in Italy, our aviation authority is way more restrictive than the others and - as usual - the first thing I will do is to start the experimental flights to certify the P4P+ with our authority and enable it for work purposes.

This means that I already started to read the manuals and I will re-write actually 95% of the user's manual to send the documents to the aviation authority.

I know how to fly, almost all of my flights are in critical conditions (like high mountains above 3000 metres ASL, up to above 3800) or on terrains which don't allow for errors, like flying on water. I never had an accident, luckily.

But if the Pro+ tablet quits or asks to reboot during flights, this is not the pilot's responsibility, given that the pilot followed all the steps to setup the flight properly.
2017-1-11
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

ePetLicensing.c Posted at 2017-1-10 19:45
One more suggestion... DJI should force FIRST TIMER to do so many hours of flying in beginner mode and than NOT allow them to fly further than few hundred feet and no higher than 50 feet. let them practice on sudden changes and emergency situation and when they graduate they would be allowed in the open space.

This is a good solution which should be mandatory, I don't see any problem even for a pro working with the Phantom to spend some time to enable full features.
2017-1-11
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

This is a good solution which should be mandatory, I don't see any problem even for a pro working with the Phantom to spend some time to enable full features.
2017-1-11
Use props
JAFARINI
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15252589 ft
  • >>>
Georgia

Hi  ActionDrone

I bought my P4P in Rome commercial center in official DJI store.
I wish I could return it if I had a chance to and get back money but unfortunately I am no longer in Italy and I cannot

Issue and Bugs I have are listed here: http://forum.dji.com/thread-78616-1-1.html

If it is your first time with DJI drone I definitely recommend to Get Phantom 3 Advanced or Pro
P3 Adv/Pro are rock solid drones!
2017-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-1-11 01:00
Sorry but you're wrong. I'm not asking a refund, I just shared some concerns. I'm going to receive the package today and will fly ASAP.

I'm a certified operator in Italy, our aviation authority is way more restrictive than the others and - as usual - the first thing I will do is to start the experimental flights to certify the P4P+ with our authority and enable it for work purposes.

It makes me want to cancel " ( your words)
So forgive me for picking you up wrongly, but in your opening post it reads like someone who has no experience of flying dji drones, you seem to have no problem reading all the negative post , but have forgotten to read the many positive posts, you also seemed to ignore ,
I would have thought someone with the amount of experience you say you have, would realize that what you are reading are comments from first time flyers, people who think they can just switch on the aircraft and everything will happen by magic.
Yes there maybe firmware issues, these are not insurmountable and will be corrected by future firmware/software upgrades, and this would be well known by experience pilots like yourself, but I'm afraid you have not been able to portray that here on this forum.
This forum would be better served if experience pilots share there knowledge and no how with those embarking on this hobby for the first time.
I wish you luck with your new drone, and hope it works out for you.
2017-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

This makes a lot of sense,  Good luck.
2017-1-11
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

JAFARINI Posted at 2017-1-11 02:04
Hi  ActionDrone

I bought my P4P in Rome commercial center in official DJI store.

Hello,

no I also had a P2 and just sold a P3P.

Let's see this P4P+...
2017-1-11
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-1-11 02:57
It makes me want to cancel " ( your words)
So forgive me for picking you up wrongly, but in your opening post it reads like someone who has no experience of flying dji drones, you seem to have no problem reading all the negative post , but have forgotten to read the many positive posts, you also seemed to ignore ,
I would have thought someone with the amount of experience you say you have, would realize that what you are reading are comments from first time flyers, people who think they can just switch on the aircraft and everything will happen by magic.

I Agree with you.

I wrote that I'm aware of the fact that people write on forums looking for solutions to their problems, but I also noticed that a tablet asking to reboot is not what we expect from DJI. Never happened with my iPad Mini 4 connected with the P3P.

And I chosen the Plus to have a very bright display that does not need setup while I'm on the mountains filming, so moving often and placing the drone in and out of the backpack.
2017-1-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-1-11 03:15
I Agree with you.

I wrote that I'm aware of the fact that people write on forums looking for solutions to their problems, but I also noticed that a tablet asking to reboot is not what we expect from DJI. Never happened with my iPad Mini 4 connected with the P3P.

New firmware today, hopefully will take care of some of the issues. Good luck
2017-1-11
Use props
ActionDrone
lvl.2
Italy

Saw it and waiting for the P4P+ in a few hours. Let's see but I read that the RC FW is the same.
2017-1-11
Use props
trance728-
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

ActionDrone Posted at 2017-1-11 04:44
Saw it and waiting for the P4P+ in a few hours. Let's see but I read that the RC FW is the same.

Yea, they didn't update the RC yet, that's frustrating.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules