1172 14 2017-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SectorDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1114649 ft
  • >>>
Philippines

anyone experience this ?  It is in the middle of flight... and the. Recovers after a minute,  

Almost lose the mavic... my confidence is now very low... missing my P4
2017-1-9
Use props
Mikonou
lvl.1

Philippines

Happened to me a few times. and Ex machina on this forum told me to try deleting the old DJI go app and just to use the new DJI go 4 app. It seemed to fix the problem for now. (this advice is assuming you have both DJI go and DJI go 4 app on the same device).

Otherwise I have had problems before where I lost ATTI and it just completely disconnected even with just the DJI go app. It feels random and I totally understand how you feel. For a fail safe I set the RTH height to 50m to avoid tall trees. I totally understand you as I am somewhat afraid flying the mavic at times. (though at all times the drone RTHed properly.)
2017-1-9
Use props
stratosHD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1231280 ft
Australia

It happened to me once or twice on my first flights. But, as I was learning the drone was not far away and was able to regain control. Havent experienced it again TBH
2017-1-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please clarify your current firmware version?
Please upload the flight data to dropbox and send me the link. I'll transfer your data file to our engineers for review.
You can use the same method as for the Phantom 4.
Here is a video tutorial for reference:

2017-1-9
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
France

I have had a similar concern, which I believe to be a conflict between the Compass data and that of the GPS. The system cannot resolve the issue so switches to ATTI mode. You will notice the GPS signal drop to one red bar and the number of satellites stays relatively high.

I had allsorts of problems getting the Mavic back as at the time I was testing RTH function and it switched to ATTI mode, this stopped the RTH at the aircraft but the controller continued to beep annoyingly and made it difficult to control. Eventually it switched back to GPS-P and the RTH cancelled itself on the controller, I then had full control and got it back. Carried out a compass calibration and it flew perfectly afterwards.

Mindy, my logs are here if you wish to review them: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ap1zoe ... 3_17-38-41.DAT?dl=0

Regards,
2017-1-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

A minute is a long time without sats, is it really that long, sometimes when I replay my flight I think because of speed I loose sat connection for probably less than a second.
2017-1-10
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

I have had extremely good luck with the Mavic so far - but just today I noticed GPS turned off and ATTI mode turn on during a "sport mode" flight. It happened 3 times in the same flight. As soon as I came to a stop, the drone switched back to GPS. Interestingly it always had 19 - 20 satellites showing on the small satellite icon.
My drone has the latest firmware installed and I specifically re-calibrated the drone just prior to flight. I followed DJI Ken's suggestion to keep the remote more than 10' away from the drone while handling this task. I also ensured that I was nowhere near wires or metal - just open space.

Mindy, I just sent you a private message about this. Can you tell me where I should send my flight records?
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-10 21:21
I have had extremely good luck with the Mavic so far - but just today I noticed GPS turned off and ATTI mode turn on during a "sport mode" flight. It happened 3 times in the same flight. As soon as I came to a stop, the drone switched back to GPS. Interestingly it always had 19 - 20 satellites showing on the small satellite icon.
My drone has the latest firmware installed and I specifically re-calibrated the drone just prior to flight. I followed DJI Ken's suggestion to keep the remote more than 10' away from the drone while handling this task. I also ensured that I was nowhere near wires or metal - just open space.

Please follow the video tutorial to export the flight data.
Thank you.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Buzzyone Posted at 2017-1-10 05:08
I have had a similar concern, which I believe to be a conflict between the Compass data and that of the GPS. The system cannot resolve the issue so switches to ATTI mode. You will notice the GPS signal drop to one red bar and the number of satellites stays relatively high.

I had allsorts of problems getting the Mavic back as at the time I was testing RTH function and it switched to ATTI mode, this stopped the RTH at the aircraft but the controller continued to beep annoyingly and made it difficult to control. Eventually it switched back to GPS-P and the RTH cancelled itself on the controller, I then had full control and got it back. Carried out a compass calibration and it flew perfectly afterwards.

Thank you. I'll transfer your flight data to our engineers for review.
2017-1-11
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks Mindy
2017-1-13
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you still have sat counts > 8 and it switches to ATTI the the compass maybe skitzing out. It is skitzing out because its getting conflicting compass data. The mavic will switch to ATTI as a last resort to prevent a flyaway. There are still users that calibrates the compass at every flight location. This can be bad if the flight location has magnetic influences like buildings, rebar in concrete, cars etc. Its best practice to do clean compass primer once and once only. A clean compass primer is a compass calibration in an open grassy field free of any magnetic influences. This compass snapshot should represent what the mavic sees in the skies 400 ft up.

2017-1-13
Use props
TomaszS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3175075 ft
Finland

Same for me, I am experienced drone pilot. I got my Mavic week ago and I experience it almost in all flights.
I followed already all recommendations from that thread (IMU calibration, kompas calibration, update of all software).
It mainly happens in sport mode, but once also happened in PMode.
After that my confidence in Mavic decreased. And is not nice as instead of focusing on getting good footage all the timeI need to  anticipate that mavic will suddenly start to drift, or will not do RTH if RC siggnal will drop. Is not the fun especially having in mind 1,5K drone for which i waited over 2 months.
Anyway I can share logs from last short test flight when i lost GPS just after one minutes, if its useful.
2017-1-14
Use props
TomaszS
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3175075 ft
Finland

I have similar problem with sudden switch to ATTI.
I am experienced drone pilot (starting with Phantom I) finally I got my Mavic week ago and I experienced it almost in all flights.  I followed already all recommendations from that thread (IMU calibration, compass calibration, update of all software). It mainly happens in sport mode, but once also happened in PMode. Nothing wrong happen (yet) but my confidence in Mavic decreased significantly. And its not nice: instead of focusing on getting good footage all the time I need to  anticipate that mavic will suddenly start to drift, or will not do RTH if RC signal will drop. Is not funny especially having in mind quite expensive drone for which I waited over 2 months.
Anyway I can share logs from last short test flight when i lost GPS just after one minutes, if its useful.

2017-1-14
Use props
LarryTru
lvl.3
Flight distance : 458944 ft
  • >>>
United States

TomaszS Posted at 2017-1-14 15:08
I have similar problem with sudden switch to ATTI.
I am experienced drone pilot (starting with Phantom I) finally I got my Mavic week ago and I experienced it almost in all flights.  I followed already all recommendations from that thread (IMU calibration, compass calibration, update of all software). It mainly happens in sport mode, but once also happened in PMode. Nothing wrong happen (yet) but my confidence in Mavic decreased significantly. And its not nice: instead of focusing on getting good footage all the time I need to  anticipate that mavic will suddenly start to drift, or will not do RTH if RC signal will drop. Is not funny especially having in mind quite expensive drone for which I waited over 2 months.

I have only experienced this issue with the latest firmware.  No proof yet, but I think a bug related to using compass data was introduced.  I'll bet it gets fixed in the next release.  
2017-1-15
Use props
DJIFC_OT_DOG
DJI R&D Squad

Hong Kong

You can recalibrate the compass, and then re-test in a clean place, if the problem still exists, please send the mavic back to us
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules