Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Update for Pilot app ver 1.0.6
1084 0 2015-2-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SunnyFL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 900735 ft
United States

I noticed now in the map view DJI Pilot app has the 'no fly zones' in a 50 mile radius where you are located on the app map. I am in the zone for Wright-Patterson Air Force Base (1.8 mile radius). Checked to see if the Inspire would start the motors in my location. The motors started but I didn't have the props on to see if it would lift off (to cold outside). I have two empty lots behind us where I would fly small helicopters and the Blade 350 quadcopter but no higher than 150ft. WPAFB is a class D airspace (5 mile radius) and Dayton internat'l airport is Class C airspace which the outer edge goes over Wright-Pat.

The FAA might let us fly at 500ft agl. That was on Fox news today as mentioned in the forums. I think it should be 400ft agl because we have C-17's flying over us at 500ft 90 degrees to the runway. It's called an approach to circle to land for when the overcast is below 1200ft and no ILS. It's awesome to watch. Even 5 miles out where I fly the Inspire they are approaching at 500 ft at 90 degrees to the runway. Fly safe.

WPAFB DJI no fly zone

WPAFB DJI no fly zone

2015-2-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules