Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Loosing video downlink after 100m and RTH operation timeout
586 1 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Real Daddy Pig
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Hi, I purchased my P3S on Friday and done all the necessary set up. I.e. Compass and IMU calibration. Took off like it should but noticed when I got about 100m or so away it said video signal lost and I did indeed loose the live video link. It then prompted RTH which I accepted, it then said operation timeout. I tried this 2 more time with the same error operation timeout. Now I'm mildly panicking at this point I notice I still had control of the aircraft as it was still in my line of sight. So I managed to manually bring it back. Upon a lot of googling it may seem to suggest an issue with firmware so I tried to see what firmware my P3 is running and all It's says is version unknown. The go app overall status is saying normal. I spoke to dji support through online chat and they got me to recalibrate the IMU 3 times and re calibrate the compass, then re link the controller and format the sd card. . This didn't resolve the firmware unknown issue and they told me it is indeed faulty and it would have to be returned for repair. Is this correct as I have read a lot of people are having this firmware issue. I think ithat spending near on £500 on a piece of equipment for it to be faulty straight out of the box is extremely poor. The agent I was talking  to online suggested I take it back to where I bought it ( jessops ) and ask for a replacement. However I feel this to be a very extreme measure and I want to try and resolve the problem properly. Has anyone got any suggestions about resolving this before I look at returning it. I have read on a few of these forums that a few people have exchanged for a brand new P3S but still having the same issues.
2017-1-10
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Captain
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

I had to return 2 Phantom 4's to Best Buy before I got one that finally worked right. And while I was exchanging for the 3rd one someone came in right after me and needed to exchange theirs because of a dead battery.
2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules