5132 18 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nickedw
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2177287 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

While I'm waiting for my SSD to arrive I thought I would have a play with some of the new flight modes on the i2. So Spotlight Pro, we like. literally out of the box, but what a great, useable feature. Very boring video attached, just to stress shot single-op with zero gimbal input from me, just the automation. Very, very useable feature that I love already.

2017-1-10
Use props
fans56f9d33e
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope this comes to the Mavic Pro too
2017-1-10
Use props
ironpeddler
lvl.1

United States

I believe the Spotlight PRO is only on the I2. I believe the Mavic has the Spotlight but not the pro version. I have no idea what the difference is if there even is one.
2017-1-10
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ironpeddler Posted at 2017-1-10 10:01
I believe the Spotlight PRO is only on the I2. I believe the Mavic has the Spotlight but not the pro version. I have no idea what the difference is if there even is one.

A lot, the gimbal travel (pan) is +/- 330° on an inspire2 I can't find a spec for Mavic as it isn't controllable, but I suspect it's only about 20° or so (if that), plus the design of the Mavic airframe means it can only ever look forward really.

This means the camera/gimbal will never be able to move round freely to track the target as the aircraft moves around it, it will always be limited to looking more or less forward in respect to the aircraft, this is a physical hardware limitation, so sorry, don't expect a firmware release to make it possible.

Phantom4 similar to Mavic in this regard before someone asks.
2017-1-10
Use props
JerryLaurence
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21988 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Is it true that Spotlight Pro can only be used when the camera is in auto mode?
2017-1-10
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yeah spotlight pro is an awesome feature for single ops, I think I'll be using it a lot. To the question above about auto mode, do you mean auto exposure? I've use spotlight pro with manual exposure no problem.

John,
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's a pretty neat demo, thanks for sharing!
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ironpeddler Posted at 2017-1-10 10:01

Nickedw hit the nail on the head in post #4.
2017-1-12
Use props
Titomix
lvl.2
Spain

JerryLaurence Posted at 2017-1-10 11:54
Is it true that Spotlight Pro can only be used when the camera is in auto mode?

In the night directly no works, with low light the collision sensor are desactivated and Spotlight Pro can't be activated
2017-1-12
Use props
dkotinsky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15096995 ft
  • >>>
United States

i just got inspire 2, what is big advantages to ssd cards besides size and speed.  im using the x4s for now?
2017-1-14
Use props
steelej80.googl
lvl.2
United Kingdom

It appears spotlight pro is available in sport and atti modes where the collision sensors are also disabled, I discovered this while I was on the ground so not had a chance to test it in the air but I do hope it works in sport that was be awesome

John.
2017-1-14
Use props
fanse5656c17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 435052 ft
  • >>>
United States

nickedw Posted at 2017-1-10 10:30
A lot, the gimbal travel (pan) is +/- 330° on an inspire2 I can't find a spec for Mavic as it isn't controllable, but I suspect it's only about 20° or so (if that), plus the design of the Mavic airframe means it can only ever look forward really.

This means the camera/gimbal will never be able to move round freely to track the target as the aircraft moves around it, it will always be limited to looking more or less forward in respect to the aircraft, this is a physical hardware limitation, so sorry, don't expect a firmware release to make it possible.

I've heard that Quick Spin works with Spotlight Pro.. which means the gimbal pan limit would not be a factor...
2017-1-14
Use props
Donnie Stugots
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I was just going to ask what this feature does and the video started, thanks for sharing and explaining.

What do the locals think of  drones in the UK, or in your neck of the wooods ?  For the most part in my are ,  folks are nice about it , You do run into some narrow minded lots now and then .  Just total knobs.

donnie

2017-1-15
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dkotinsky Posted at 2017-1-14 12:07
i just got inspire 2, what is big advantages to ssd cards besides size and speed.  im using the x4s for now?

The size and speed of SSD open up Pro-res and Cinema DNG (with appropriate licences) you will also probably require a new computer if you intend to edit it.

If you don't know what any of this means, don't worry about it, it just means you don't need SSD and you've saved yourself a few grand.

2017-1-15
Use props
nickedw
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-1-15 07:08
I was just going to ask what this feature does and the video started, thanks for sharing and explaining.

What do the locals think of  drones in the UK, or in your neck of the wooods ?  For the most part in my are ,  folks are nice about it , You do run into some narrow minded lots now and then .  Just total knobs.

Donnie,
              Mostly OK I don't fly recreationally really, so I've always got permission to be where I fly, and once you explain what you're doing and that you're flying for a reason ( i.e. Not just trying to see in someone's garden) it's pretty rare to get any objections in my experience.

You do get the odd person who  insists on walking their dog when you're waiting to get a shot, but that's about it.

Maybe I've just been lucky!

Nick
2017-1-15
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Here's a quick video I did with the Inspire 2 using Spotlight Pro.   

This was the first time I ever used Spotlight Pro, and it was also quite dark outside...   

2017-1-18
Use props
Swarm
lvl.3
Flight distance : 645804 ft
United States

This is great but I have a hunch that Litchi will still remain the leader in this department for a while.
2017-1-18
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

MadFrenchie Posted at 2017-1-18 05:32
Here's a quick video I did with the Inspire 2 using Spotlight Pro.   

This was the first time I ever used Spotlight Pro, and it was also quite dark outside...   

WOW what happened at the end? full undercarriage shot
2017-1-18
Use props
MadFrenchie
lvl.3
Flight distance : 914711 ft
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-1-18 22:49
WOW what happened at the end? full undercarriage shot

I was heading at full speed toward a bank of High Tension Power lines, and I had my breaking set to be aggressive.  I didn't want to get anywhere near the lines with my brand new baby!!!

I had already captured the shot I needed, and always let the camera continue to record a bit to make sure I don't accidentally cut off something I need later.

So when I pulled back on the stick to quickly stop the bird, the tail end ended up coming into frame..  
2017-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules