Firmware update failed, can't see live camera feed
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TrevorCoats
lvl.1
Flight distance : 135764 ft
United States

[size=14.6667px]I received a DJI Phantom 3 Professional that was manufacture refurbished from DJI and includes the 1 year warranty. Everything worked flawlessly when I turned it on and connected it to my tablet, but it said that a firmware update was needed. So I went to DJIs website and downloaded the latest firmware zip v1.10.90 which was released on 2016-11-29. During the update process it made the beeping sound that it usually does then the light on the gimbal turned a solid red and instead of a beep-beep-beep, it made a solid constant beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep sound that would not stop so I assumed the update failed and I powered off the bird. When I pulled up the log file, it said it had failed so I tried all the usual steps such as trying different SD cards, a earlier version of firmware, using a different PC to download the firmware onto the SD card and nothing worked. When I turn on the bird however and go to the app, it tells me the bird has the latest firmware and everything is up to date. But now the camera feed is blank. It is just a dark gray screen and nothing has worked to solve the issue. I have tried using the Go app on my phone, Samsung tablet, and iPad and nothing worked. I have full control of the quad, but just no camera feed. Some people have suggested that the gimbal and camera is bricked and I will have to send it in but I do not want to go without my drone for a long time. If anyone can offer any suggestions I would appreciate it, I am hoping this is a quick simple fix and not something that requires it to be sent in.
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

what was the filename u upgraded the bird with? just want to make sure u used the pro and not the advanced file...
so everything works, the bird responds to the radio (like the camera moves), but there's just no video feed? for the heck of it, take a picture and check on the sd card if the drone actually took a picture...   
Try video too, and check the sd card, see if the red led starts blinking, all of that stuff.
I have a feeling u will have to contact support and it may be a hassle
I assume u retried upgrading and left it in that mode for good 20 minutes?

2017-1-10
Use props
TrevorCoats
lvl.1
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-10 10:32
what was the filename u upgraded the bird with? just want to make sure u used the pro and not the advanced file...
so everything works, the bird responds to the radio (like the camera moves), but there's just no video feed? for the heck of it, take a picture and check on the sd card if the drone actually took a picture...   
Try video too, and check the sd card, see if the red led starts blinking, all of that stuff.

I have triple checked the firmware download and it is for the professional model. And I have already tried to take a photo and video and that works so I know the camera works, I just can not see it on the tablet which makes the bird pretty worthless to me.
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

agreed. and you mentioned u used 2 devices, so u used to different cables...  i assume u tried to reseat the cable after connecting, to make sure the system does not wake up once u unplug and plug in the cable again?  So the pictures and video working means no issues with the camera settings either...  on android usb debugging comes to mind.. nothing on ios.....  
What if u go into the video transmission menu, does everything look happy there?
For now I am out of ideas! Really wild! Did u contact support yet?

2017-1-10
Use props
TrevorCoats
lvl.1
United States

Phantomski Posted at 2017-1-10 12:14
agreed. and you mentioned u used 2 devices, so u used to different cables...  i assume u tried to reseat the cable after connecting, to make sure the system does not wake up once u unplug and plug in the cable again?  So the pictures and video working means no issues with the camera settings either...  on android usb debugging comes to mind.. nothing on ios.....  
What if u go into the video transmission menu, does everything look happy there?
For now I am out of ideas! Really wild! Did u contact support yet?

I am going to call them when I am free later today. I will post what I find out.
2017-1-10
Use props
Hondas3000
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643 ft
Canada

your is gone, can't fix unless you have to sent it in.  If you open up the hidden file for your upgrade log you will see the 0800 and 1500 modules not detected and that causing the update fail and no video feed.   You still have full control and fly fine, just the updated cannot succeed.  So contact dji support and attached log file in hidden folder of your sd card and they will create a case for you.   I never experience any firmware update that has so many error like phantom, I guess it is still to advance for their engineer to make it simple.  
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

hmm....  that sucks...  what i would try is the previous firmware, then the new one, so if it kickstarts it, but i doubt it will work....  how new is that drone? returning and replacing is not an option?
2017-1-10
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

not sure if it will help, but...  
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=277621
2017-1-10
Use props
bm007
New

Romania

TrevorCoats Posted at 2017-1-10 12:16
I am going to call them when I am free later today. I will post what I find out.

Hi Trevor, please update the thread, I have the same issue (identically) with you...
Thanks.
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules