Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iOS Compass Calibration fault, will not complete
637 0 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
telrush
lvl.1
Flight distance : 48396 ft
United States

Can not complete the compass calibration within iOS devices, When trying to calibrate the compass, it passes the horizontal routine and then passes the vertical routine, but it then ask's for horizontal routine again which will not pass not matter how hard or how many time I spin it.  Funny thing is, my Android device, in this case, the DJI +controller with the built-in screen, works fine and the iOS devices (6S+ & iPad Mini) are not happy now and fail to complete the calibration operation several times over and over. Both iOS devices are current and run the latest DJIGO-4 with latest p4p firmware 1.1.1.1

For reference, my setup is the following;

P4P, with 2 new controllers, the + version and the non-plus controller. Currently, when I peer the + controller to the P4P, I do not get the calibrate message, however when switching to the non-+ controller, I get the "calibrate" notice option next to compass status. Bottom line, one OS is happy (android) and the other is not. (iOS)

It’s possible I may have triggered a bug within the iOS side of the DJI/Firmware/OS?? (only difference I can see from my limited knowledge within the iOS core, is that the iPhone 6S was working just fine with the DJI remote. It's only when I added the iPad Mini to the mix, did this problem seem to arise... hum..

So my question is two fold;

1) What is the trust factor when your DJI-GO4/ iOS application, is telling you to "calibrate" and then your DJI, +Plus remote say’s “all systems go”??

2) Is it possible, because iphone 6S+device has barometer and the iPadMini does not?? I'm thinking this might be a bug in iOS as Android seemly works fine.

Side note, I really don't feel like flying this bug until I can confirm if all controllers will still perform the same tasks and the AC is ready and calibrated??

Anyone know how to perform a firmware flash on the P4P?

Current status within the ios device’s, are, "in loop state when entering “calibrate” mode with no exit", unless you skip “calibrate” notice, which should now be named “Russian roulette”

2017-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules