GO APP and Controller Firmware
1403 9 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

I posted earlier and wanted to update. DJI customer support no help at all. I had teo 2 hour waits on hold to be told really nothing. However there are hundreds of posts about this.

My RC and Phantom 3 STD connect together fine. I turn on the GO APP and all I get is a link to learn how to connect. It should be Connect to Camera.

I uninstalled everything. Forgot WiFi/reconnected. Tried on multiple approved devices and the RC will not communicate with the phone/tab. I read that it's because of a Firmware glitch. Where does that leave me?

I had flown it the day before using the DJI Vision app however there was no picture or video communicated to the phone. It flew fine, plenty of satalittes, locked into  home position. Just no picture.

No idea where to go at this point.
2017-1-10
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

Just an update...when I flew with the DJI Vision app even though I couldn't see anything on my phone it took great video and photo's. So itis connecting. Just not getting any feed. Not sure if it's the same with the GO APP because I can't even get to the camera mode.
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear you're experiencing difficulties, we'd like to try our best to help you.
DJI Vision APP is for phantom 2 vision and phantom 2 vision +, DJI Go APP is for phantom 3 standard.
Just to clarify, you only own phantom 3 standard, right?
Please upload a screenshot for the image transmission page here, thanks.
2017-1-10
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

Yes. I have the P3S. What image do you need?

Not really sure why I had the Vision App. Think I may have flown a friends P2.

I there a way I can hook up my Phantom and tell exactly what I have? I can't connect through the Go App
2017-1-10
Use props
Rene Jensen
lvl.4
Denmark

you see the phantom wifi on the cell phone or what you use right??you need to have the phantom wifi as source then you can connecy thrue the go app
2017-1-10
Use props
Hard_Hooker
lvl.1

United States

Yes I see the Phantom Wifi on my phone. I click connect and it says it's connected fine. Also did this on IPad Mini2. I am never asked for a Wifi password and everywhere I read it says the password should come up to connect . That sound like something is messed up. Also the name of the network comes up as Phantom_xxxx not Phantom3_xxxx like everyone shows.
2017-1-11
Use props
stuka75
Second Officer
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

I dont always get password either. The p3 wifi name varies in my experience, If it says phantom, that's it.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hard_Hooker Posted at 2017-1-11 07:15
Yes I see the Phantom Wifi on my phone. I click connect and it says it's connected fine. Also did this on IPad Mini2. I am never asked for a Wifi password and everywhere I read it says the password should come up to connect . That sound like something is messed up. Also the name of the network comes up as Phantom_xxxx not Phantom3_xxxx like everyone shows.

May I know you got it sorted out or not?
2017-1-12
Use props
djiuser_il9XYGuhESky
New
Flight distance : 10256 ft

Australia

Hi mate ive got same problem how did u sort this problem out cheers
2019-1-20
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

First i ask is: All posters here with this problem specify the problem by version of firm ware of the copter system and the version of the Go app and type of mobile and their OS and version of the OS.  
2nd. is: Do the WIFI module of the mobile recognize the Phantom automatically or by hand only????  The P3S SSID begins with Phantom3_xxx (Standard setting out of the box) else you made a change.
              It´s not only for cam,it´s important for the IOC commands too as for the WP,CL,HL and FM as POI and so on.
2019-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules