HD Photo Sync Feature Not Working
4186 11 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfa08605e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 161060 ft
United States

Hey guys! This is my frist time posting in the DJI Forums!
I shoot a fair bit of photo and video and recently upgraded to the Mavic Pro for it's portability. I love the host of new features (compared to my old P3A) and find the HD Photo Sync feature extremely handy, however, lately this feature hasn't been working for me. I've tried deleting and re-installing DJIGO 4, disabling and reenabling and the feature, reseting camera settings, all to no avail.

Has anyone else exeperienced this issue and found a fix?

Thanks for your help!
-A fellow flyer

2017-1-10
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

What operating system are you using - Android or IOS?
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello, could you please describe the problem in details? Do you mean the pictures are not saved in editor?
2017-1-10
Use props
Angelo26
lvl.4
Flight distance : 799718 ft
Austria

Have You adjusted the smartphone-cache to be cleared once it is full ? What adjustments did You set for the size of the cache ? Is still enough memory available in the system memory ?
2017-1-11
Use props
fansfa08605e
lvl.1
United States

Logger Posted at 2017-1-10 17:06
What operating system are you using - Android or IOS?

I'm running the latest iOS
2017-1-11
Use props
fansfa08605e
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-1-10 23:10
Hello, could you please describe the problem in details? Do you mean the pictures are not saved in editor?

"Auto Sync HD Photo" is the feature in the camera settings that automatically saves photos taken to the native iPhone photos app directly. It worked for a while, then for seemingly no reason it stopped.
You can see the feature by touching the camera settings adjustments button on the right hand side of the screen, then touching the small cog in the upper right corner. The feature toggle is below over exposure warning, and above long exposure preview.

2017-1-11
Use props
fansfa08605e
lvl.1
United States

Angelo26 Posted at 2017-1-11 00:14
Have You adjusted the smartphone-cache to be cleared once it is full ? What adjustments did You set for the size of the cache ? Is still enough memory available in the system memory ?

The plot thickens... After this morning's flight, several of the photos taken did automatically transfer, but not all of them. After reading your helpful comment, I adjusted settings to auto-clear the cache when it reaches 2 gb, and cleared the existing cache, which was in-fact, maxed out. After clearing cache, I snapped a photo and auto-sync worked worked.

I like to think this solved the problem but is not confirmed yet. I will come back after a more thorough test.

I appreciate the reminder about the cache, given that the drone is relatively new, I haven't gone through every single setting and adjusted to my liking, which explains why I missed cache auto-clear.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

fansfa08605e Posted at 2017-1-11 12:49
The plot thickens... After this morning's flight, several of the photos taken did automatically transfer, but not all of them. After reading your helpful comment, I adjusted settings to auto-clear the cache when it reaches 2 gb, and cleared the existing cache, which was in-fact, maxed out. After clearing cache, I snapped a photo and auto-sync worked worked.

I like to think this solved the problem but is not confirmed yet. I will come back after a more thorough test.

Did clearing the cache resolve it?
2017-1-11
Use props
FlyingNarwhal
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-11 14:47
Did clearing the cache resolve it?

Clearing the cache fixed the issue.
CASE CLOSED!
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

FlyingNarwhal Posted at 2017-1-12 00:19
Clearing the cache fixed the issue.
CASE CLOSED!

Awesome, thanks for posting.You might want to edit your thread title so other readers can see that it's solved.
2017-1-12
Use props
jimstone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 818704 ft
United States

I can't find this feature in the menu now. Did they remove it??
2017-3-9
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

jimstone Posted at 2017-3-9 09:52
I can't find this feature in the menu now. Did they remove it??

From the FPV screen, tap the Camera Settings icon below the big record/shutter button that is on-screen.  It's 1 of the toggles under the cog tab.
2017-3-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules