Add to Repair
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Hi there,

I shipped my P3A for repair a week ago, where you have received it and generated a quote for the repair.
In the repair quote, it did not include replacement props which were damaged in the crash and was shipped with the aircraft (but not mounted).
I chatted wtih support yesterday evening, waiting almost an hour and informed them that I would like replacement props included with the repair so that I'll still have two sets.   They said the'd add it to the task, whatever that means.
It has been one full business day and I have not been given an updated quote.   There's no way to add to the repair payment or add any notes so that I can get the repair rolling and get my drone back quicky.
Any way to make certain the props are added to the repair and get an updated quote quicky so I can pay it and get the repair process started?
DJI Service Quotation  CAS-381048-P6Z0W2 CRM:0866000000837

2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We'll follow up the case and keep you updated soon, thanks for your supporting!
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions.
2017-1-10
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

48 hours since I asked to have the props added to the repair, and 24 hours since I posted here that I didn't get an updated quote with the props included.
I don't want to hold up the repair process any longer so I paid the existing quote and searched around to purchase the props separately.  I didn't buy from DJI store as I am not about to pay $10 shipping for a $12 order.   That's a bit ridiculous.  What's also frustrating is having to wait yet another day to verify the payment.
I found a dealer that had the full set props $2 less than if I bought them from DJI, and shpping was just under $4 so it cost me an extra $2 to get the props and resume the repair.

There has to be a better way to handle repairs.   Most technical support sites have a means to communicate with the tech online about the repair by anotating notes to the ticket.  With DJI its difficult to deviate in any way from the automated procedure.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are very sorry for your unpleasant experience, I've brought this to the attention of our support team,  will take care of your case.
2017-1-11
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

I received my drone back today, instead of new props they sent back my damaged ones.  I replied to the email they sent me saying they were gong to include a set of props, we'll see how that goes.
Despite the hiccups and not having an extra set of props, i am quite happy with the repair.   Slight dirt on the amrs below the motor as if they were workng on newspaoer but still in much better condition than what I sent.   It looks like they put in a new gimbal/camera even though they quoted for repair parts as there's not a scratch on it and needed firmware update where mine did not.
No stickers on the arms.
They also did not return the white camera cover/gimbal lock which I had included to protect the camera during shipping which I am hoping they can return.
I'd gladly purchase a new set of props for the store cost of $12 but $10 shipping on top of that for what would cost no more than $2 USPS is ridiculous.

Again though, considering the damage and actual repairs done vs what was quoted, I can't complain too much.

2017-1-20
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
United States

I was able to find genuine DJI props at BestBuy for $6.99/pair and if you ship it to nearest store, all you pay is tax.  I know they are genuine DJI because not only do they look the way they should with the same plastic feel, but there's shrink wrap on the hubs.
2017-1-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules