Wave motion in time lapse
967 4 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I've worked some with the Osmo Mobile and acheived acceptable results with time laspse and hyper lapse in other videos.  Tonight I tried to capture 5 minutes of a stationary time lapse and the finisehd video has a wave motion to it.  Kind of blew the whole project for this evening.  I didn't view the video before I packed up and drove away... lesson learned there.

There are 3 segments to this video with the 1st segment having the wave motion.

Any ideas?

2017-1-10
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

Just ran another 5 minute test and looks like I forgot to set tripod mode earlier this evening.  It does make a difference.  Live and learn eh.
2017-1-10
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

MicroFPV Posted at 2017-1-10 20:37
Just ran another 5 minute test and looks like I forgot to set tripod mode earlier this evening.  It does make a difference.  Live and learn eh.

I found the same issue on iPhones. Tripod mode does make a big difference as you state.  Sadly, some older iPhones (5S) don't have the tripod mode option though.
2017-1-11
Use props
MicroFPV
lvl.3

United States

I thought the tripod switch was a function of the DJI GO app and not something in the phone.  I use Android, Galaxy S6 on my Osmo modile.

If you are looking for ideas to make a simple tripod adapter have a look at this:

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... &fromuid=352237
2017-1-12
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

MicroFPV Posted at 2017-1-12 06:17
I thought the tripod switch was a function of the DJI GO app and not something in the phone.  I use Android, Galaxy S6 on my Osmo modile.

If you are looking for ideas to make a simple tripod adapter have a look at this:

You're right, it is a toggle in the app, however, on my iPhone 5S some functionality is disabled/not shown e.g. active track and there is no tripod mode toggle in the timelapse settings.  I believe that this is due to the processor requirements being deemed too great for older devices, sadly. I've asked whether there's a manual way of achieving the same effect but no response to my post in the forum.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules