Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Downgrade
5129 12 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
damaltor
lvl.3

Canada

I went to downgrade back to v1.02.0900, but I no longer see it in the DJI Assistant 2 firmware list, I only see v1.03.0000 and v1.03.0200. Why can we no longer downgrade to v1.02.0900, is it possible to download it and downgrade somehow?

2017-1-10
Use props
Mr. Hayato
Second Officer
Flight distance : 781299 ft
Hong Kong

Open your remote and connect your Mavic. Launch DJI Go app main screen. Hold the right top corner icon(like a cube) about 5-10 seconds. Release and you can go to the hidden downrgrade screen.  
2017-1-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry damaltor, it's not available to downgrade the firmware to 1.2.090 by yourself.
Do you have any issue with your current firmware version?
2017-1-10
Use props
damaltor
lvl.3

Canada

Mindy, why was it removed? It was available to downgrade within Assistant 2 last week.
I would like Art mode back, don't care for the other profiles.
2017-1-11
Use props
fansf5f1e989
lvl.1

United States

Can anyone help me to find the gimbal serial number! It's required for the dji refresh activation! Thank tou
2017-1-11
Use props
damaltor
lvl.3

Canada

fansf5f1e989 Posted at 2017-1-11 05:57
Can anyone help me to find the gimbal serial number! It's required for the dji refresh activation! Thank tou

Kinda off topic??
2017-1-11
Use props
fans4ce64275
New
Flight distance : 202533 ft
Brazil

When I hold the cube for 5 seconds it says there is no firmware to downgrade my RC, which I do, my RC gets with the light blue LED.
2017-10-14
Use props
alex_markov
Captain
Flight distance : 38850850 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Dji is going more and more restrictive toward their own users
2017-10-14
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fansf5f1e989 Posted at 2017-1-11 05:57

What is the model of your drone? Please notice that DJI REFRESH of mavic doesn't need Gimbal SN. Here is the screenshot.
DJI refresh.png
2017-10-14
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats because you are attempting to revert back to FW that predates mandatory FW. It needs to be authorised by DJI.
2017-10-14
Use props
fansb35252f6
lvl.1
United States

ACW Posted at 2017-10-14 23:49
Thats because you are attempting to revert back to FW that predates mandatory FW. It needs to be authorised by DJI.

There is no such thing as "mandatory firmware".  DJI does not get to decide if a firmware for something I purchased long ago is "mandatory".  Sounds like the only option these days is to stay on old firmware unless you want features removed and unwanted changes to happen at any whim of DJI, with no way to revert....
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansb35252f6 Posted at 2017-12-30 12:08
There is no such thing as "mandatory firmware".  DJI does not get to decide if a firmware for something I purchased long ago is "mandatory".  Sounds like the only option these days is to stay on old firmware unless you want features removed and unwanted changes to happen at any whim of DJI, with no way to revert....

I think you'll find that there is.
2017-12-30
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Here is one example of a FW update that if not performed the drone will not be able to take off - I'd call that mandatory, wouldn't you?!
DJI will be releasing a new firmware update today to further enhance flight safety and performance of the DJI Spark.

The new firmware update enhances Spark’s battery management system to optimize power supply during flight . In addition, the new firmware has added support to fully integrate Spark with the DJI Goggles, optimized the PalmLaunch function for better stability after takeoff, improved the accuracy of controls under the QuickShot Dronie mode and enhanced the compatibility of the remote controller when syncing up with new firmware updates.

When prompted on the DJI GO 4 App, users with internet connectivity will be able to download the new firmware to update their aircraft’s and battery's firmware. The aircraft and battery firmware updates can also be done via the DJI Assistant 2 desktop software. If the firmware of either the aircraft or the battery is not updated by September 1, Spark will not be able to take off. DJI decided on the option of a mandatory firmware update in order to maximize flight safety and product reliability which we consider as top priorities.

The update comes after DJI released new features for its Spark in early August to deliver a more powerful combination of video and photo improvements including a new gesture to start and stop video recording and enhanced QuickShot video features for more cinematic control.
2017-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules