Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
How is new version 1.8.10?
12Next >
6819 63 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Da Lata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

I´m charging my RC now to update, I'm curious because until now nobody writes about!
2017-1-11
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

Oh did it just go live 15 minutes ago?
2017-1-11
Use props
taurus35
First Officer
Flight distance : 136417 ft
United Kingdom

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-11 06:35

Yeah!! it seems to have been snuck into the old 1.7.9 thread & re-titled. Doesn't seem to say much has changed though.....& it's in the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv section . Can't wait to get home from work & try updating tonight though
2017-1-11
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
Flight distance : 2133 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-11 06:35

I've been expecting this update all week. I'll let the beginners taste it first.  
2017-1-11
Use props
Da Lata
Second Officer

Brazil

Finish to upgrade now, after lunch I will test!

First attempt to upgrade fail... OK on second time (With horn playing all the time)
2017-1-11
Use props
Da Lata
Second Officer

Brazil

Continued using the here map!
2017-1-11
Use props
Shrek
lvl.1
Flight distance : 61316 ft
United Kingdom

Any Feedback?
2017-1-11
Use props
fansa844eabb
lvl.1

Indonesia

I did it 30 minute ago Finish upgraded
2017-1-11
Use props
fans167f7396
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22953 ft
United Kingdom

Shame about "Here" maps. I preferred"Google" but if this update resolves the dire range I was able to achieve with the previous version, I'll be happy. Anyone any feedback yet?
2017-1-11
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

fans167f7396 Posted at 2017-1-11 09:01
Shame about "Here" maps. I preferred"Google" but if this update resolves the dire range I was able to achieve with the previous version, I'll be happy. Anyone any feedback yet?

The 'Here' or 'Google' map is part of the app. That's why I stay on 2.9.1
The only thing of interest to me is whether this update is in any way dependent on the app version and does it fix or compound any of the current issues that have been reported since Christmas.
2017-1-11
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

taurus35 Posted at 2017-1-11 06:41
Yeah!! it seems to have been snuck into the old 1.7.9 thread & re-titled. Doesn't seem to say much has changed though.....& it's in the Phantom 3 Pro/Adv section . Can't wait to get home from work & try updating tonight though

Is it for the Standard or the P3A/P3P ?
2017-1-11
Use props
fans167f7396
lvl.1
United Kingdom

It's for the Standard.
2017-1-11
Use props
EssenceArtistry
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16184 ft
United States

I updated my firmware this morning and now the video is choppy.  Video will freeze for a bit then jerk forward.  Before the firmware update, video was smooth.  Is this a known problem with this firmware update?  Is there anything I can do to again have smooth video?  I'll be happy to upload an example.
2017-1-11
Use props
Da Lata
Second Officer

Brazil

EssenceArtistry Posted at 2017-1-11 12:16
I updated my firmware this morning and now the video is choppy.  Video will freeze for a bit then jerk forward.  Before the firmware update, video was smooth.  Is this a known problem with this firmware update?  Is there anything I can do to again have smooth video?  I'll be happy to upload an example.

Please upload an example...
2017-1-11
Use props
Da Lata
Second Officer

Brazil

I tested mine.
Now the direction of the drone appears right on the radar. The distance traveled continues the same (in my case 1100 meters at 80 meters hight) otherwise it looks the same . I did not test video or Photo
2017-1-11
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

It didn't fix my range issue. I'm still only getting about 160 feet high straight up. I lower it to 120 feet and only get about 200 feet out before I lose signal. I was really hoping this would be fixed with this upgrade.  Guess not...
2017-1-11
Use props
Horus
lvl.1

Canada

Rhino9872 im not sure if this was ask but are you in beginning mode or maybe you set it up to max flight hight and distance without realizing it check that in the menu and see if there anything was added just asking
2017-1-11
Use props
Bay Cruiser
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2039288 ft
Australia

Rhino9872 Posted at 2017-1-11 12:40
It didn't fix my range issue. I'm still only getting about 160 feet high straight up. I lower it to 120 feet and only get about 200 feet out before I lose signal. I was really hoping this would be fixed with this upgrade.  Guess not...

I was also hoping range issue will improve, seems I am not alone in thinking this. I wont upgrade for a few weeks until it is well tested.
2017-1-11
Use props
Rhino9872
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5912037 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the max height to 120 meters and I have the max distance disabled. Beginner mode is disabled. I was in my neighborhood and did get some interference warnings so I took it to a nearby lake and it wasn't any better. Also, I have flown much farther in my neighborhood a week ago. It just seems like every time I take it out to fly, the max distance gets shorter and shorter.
2017-1-11
Use props
fans167f7396
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So many people have so many problems with their Phantom 3 Standards. I would never have bought one had I known it was going to be like this. I just wanted a carrier for a camera, not a whole lot of hassle.
2017-1-11
Use props
BillW50
lvl.4

United States

fans167f7396 Posted at 2017-1-11 14:58
So many people have so many problems with their Phantom 3 Standards. I would never have bought one had I known it was going to be like this. I just wanted a carrier for a camera, not a whole lot of hassle.

You don't have to upgrade. There are lots of people using the firmware that came with their Phantom and are doing just fine. In fact I have a second one coming tomorrow (the first one is doing just fine, thanks for asking) and whatever firmware is on it is the firmware that is going to stay on it for the rest of its life.
2017-1-11
Use props
Jake Phantom 3
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

BillW50 Posted at 2017-1-11 15:13
You don't have to upgrade. There are lots of people using the firmware that came with their Phantom and are doing just fine. In fact I have a second one coming tomorrow (the first one is doing just fine, thanks for asking) and whatever firmware is on it is the firmware that is going to stay on it for the rest of its life.

I agree with Bill, I'm still running the original firmware that came with my P3S. About a year old now, and no problems.
2017-1-11
Use props
TXBiker63
lvl.4
Flight distance : 253 ft

United States

Meh I'm staying at 1.7.90 got lucky when I updated Christmas day and didn't have any problems. I don't have any interest flying beyond my max los and will not fly from my tab. The video delay between cam and screen is too great to be able to fly accurately. If my fpv race quad had that kind of delay I'd auger it in within the first 10 feet of flight.
2017-1-11
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

I just updated mine, took 15 minutes.  Powered up and RC Signal Lost in the APP.  Rebooted both RC and Drone, same result, RC Signal Lost.  Re-Linked RC to drone and all is normal.  Phew!  Have not flown it yet though.
2017-1-11
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 53573 ft
United States

I downloaded it tonight and camera started shaking real bad and at 99% finished then it came up with firmware update failed turn off and reinstall. I turned it back on and all seems normal and the new version is listed on the dji app. Should I reinstall the update and if so how do I do it? I am afraid to fly it tomorrow if it's all screwed now. It was flying great before.
2017-1-11
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

fans0b95593d Posted at 2017-1-11 18:55
I downloaded it tonight and camera started shaking real bad and at 99% finished then it came up with firmware update failed turn off and reinstall. I turned it back on and all seems normal and the new version is listed on the dji app. Should I reinstall the update and if so how do I do it? I am afraid to fly it tomorrow if it's all screwed now. It was flying great before.

If during the upgrade process it reports upgrade failed,  the drone should revert to  the previous firmware version and operate as it did before attempting the upgrade. I would seriously advise waiting before attempting to upgrade again.
2017-1-11
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.3
United States

Even though it shows the latest firmware now installed? What happened to the firmware that failed? Is their an easy way to erase it ?
2017-1-11
Use props
fans0b95593d
lvl.3
United States

Even though it shows the latest firmware now installed? What happened to the firmware that failed? Is their an easy way to erase it ?
2017-1-11
Use props
ImACarbonCopy
lvl.1
United States

Does any one know if the Apple guys are having the same problems as the Android guys are?
2017-1-12
Use props
M K ULTRA
Captain
Flight distance : 5778337 ft
United States

I updated yesterday afternoon.  The upgrade process completed without any issues...flew two batteries with no glitches.  Typical 5 by 5.
2017-1-12
Use props
Knobbynomates
First Officer
Flight distance : 18504 ft
United Kingdom

My experience of 1.8.10 so far. Just reporting back - not moaning.  
No mods. No problems with any previous updates - except for range on 1.6.8 - always updated through phone just fine

Controller on, drone on, iOS phone on, GO 3.1.2 started. App reports new firmware for drone.

Connected to home wifi, downloaded 1.8.10, Connected to drone wifi - update began (as normal) got to 40% (interesting as others have posted 40% as a problem) beep sound changed as if updating as normal.

After about 15 minutes drone noise went craaaaaaazzzzzzyyyyy and app said 'Update Failed - connect to your own wifi so a report can be sent to DJI and I will be contacted on how to fix it.  
Did that

Switched everything off.

When switching on just the drone on its own it now just gives continuous long beeps of first note of as if starting to power up. How strange - controller shows connected, green light under drone.

I will await this magical 'fix' that is going to appear in my inbox and report back ... hey ho

- my prediction .... 'send it in to us'   

2017-1-12
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

fans0b95593d Posted at 2017-1-11 19:49

A failed update is an update that for some reason never completed.  I'm not offering advice to anyone here. I'm only a casual observer.
2017-1-12
Use props
Knobbynomates
First Officer
United Kingdom

Betamace Posted at 2017-1-12 07:20
A failed update is an update that for some reason never completed.  I'm not offering advice to anyone here. I'm only a casual observer.

Yep I agree - that's what happened to me
2017-1-12
Use props
fans83f80a1e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 71739 ft
United States

My experience last night was exactly the same as yours.  However, after switching everything off, I tried again.  The drone was beeping loudly as you described, but I proceeded anyway.  This time, while pausing at 40% for a while, it ran to completion.  DJI GO reported the new firmware was installed successfully.  I did a 5 minute test flight and all seemed normal.
2017-1-12
Use props
Knobbynomates
First Officer
United Kingdom

fans83f80a1e Posted at 2017-1-12 07:25
My experience last night was exactly the same as yours.  However, after switching everything off, I tried again.  The drone was beeping loudly as you described, but I proceeded anyway.  This time, while pausing at 40% for a while, it ran to completion.  DJI GO reported the new firmware was installed successfully.  I did a 5 minute test flight and all seemed normal.

How did you get the app to tell you an update was available again please?

Did you use the 'hat thing' in the top right hand corner of GO?
2017-1-12
Use props
drb1215
lvl.3

United States

I upgraded last night (using an Android device).  Upgrade went smoothly, rebooted per instructions, and everything came up fine. Will fly this afternoon and check out the photo/video.
2017-1-12
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-1-12 07:22
Yep I agree - that's what happened to me

The continuous beeping means corrupted firmware. I'd keep the whole kit close to the wifi gateway and disturb nothing while it updates. Some air blowing around the gimbal may prevent overheating. Worst thing you can do is bother the kit while it's updating.
See post #5.   
2017-1-12
Use props
Vikassi
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17516 ft
United States

After the successful firmware update and it asks you to reboot, should you also reboot the RC?  It doesn't specify what to reboot.
2017-1-12
Use props
Betamace
First Officer
United States

Vikassi Posted at 2017-1-12 08:05
After the successful firmware update and it asks you to reboot, should you also reboot the RC?  It doesn't specify what to reboot.

Always. And in the correct order.
2017-1-12
Use props
Knobbynomates
First Officer
United Kingdom

Knobbynomates Posted at 2017-1-12 07:15
My experience of 1.8.10 so far. Just reporting back - not moaning.  
No mods. No problems with any previous updates - except for range on 1.6.8 - always updated through phone just fine

Thanks fans83f80a1e and Betamace

After pooping myself for another 20 minutes with what seemed like the loudest beep in the world (s'pose I could have gone in the other room) it took the second time

Never had an update fail before - very scary

But a happy boy here!

Just hope we get the snow they've predicted tonight so I can go out for a fly tomorrow

Thanks guys
2017-1-12
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules