How to get DJI Care / DJI Care Refresh after the 48 hour countdown
55073 8 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ipecactus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25489 ft
United States

I got the following from support. Because of the high volume of email that support has been receiving it took me over a week to get these instructions, maybe this will help someone else out. Unfortunately, I won't be able to perform this for several days due to bad weather and when I am able to do it next week, I won't have internet.
Thank you for contacting DJI Care.

We are sincerely sorry not reply you in time due to the heavy e-mails. I will try my best to help you on it.

If you want to purchase DJI Care for your aircraft which is activated over 48 hours, you can take the DJI Care video verification. To accomplish the video verification, please follow the guide below:
DJI Care video verification requirements:
1. Show aircraft, remote controller and DJI Go app in the same shot.
2. Shoot your video in a bright and open outdoor area.
3. Ensure video is clear and in focus. DO NOT edit your video.
In the verification video, please shoot the following items in order
1)    S/N numbers of your aircraft and gimbal, making sure that both numbers are clearly visible
2)    Turn on the remote controller and the battery
3)    Enter DJI GO app and calibrate the compass outdoors (open area recommended)
4)    Format SD card using the DJI GO app. Make sure it is backed up before formatting.
5)    Check the IMU.
6)    Demonstrate gimbal pitch movement and rotation by moving it up, down, left and right. If using a Phantom 3 series product, simply tilt up and down.
7)    Use the Combination Stick Command to power on the motors.
8)    Hover the aircraft in a place at an altitude of around 1.2m and a distance of 6m and transform the Inspire. Skip this step if using a Phantom 3 series product.
9)    Move the Inspire up, down, forwards, backwards, left, right and do the clockwise and counterclockwise rotation.
10)    Use the remote controller to record several seconds of video and use the Playback button to check the recording.
11)    Hover the aircraft at a high altitude, i.e. 20m.
12)    Carry out a distance and altitude test, making sure to show the DJI GO app clearly in your shot. In an open space, distance and altitude should reach at least around 200m and 120m respectively.
13)    Test aircraft landing gear by lowering it until the landing gear lowers automatically. Skip this step if using Phantom 3 series product.
14)    Land the aircraft, power off the aircraft battery and then turn off remote controller then stop your recording.
Upload your video on YouTube and reply us with the video link. REMINDER: DO NOT edit your video.
Once approved, DJI will inform you through email.

Here is the video for reference: https://repair.dji.com/en/djiCare/CustomerUpLoad

2017-1-11
Use props
fans86d06f19
New

United States

Wow you have to become a Hollywood producer lol. I ordered my mavic and forgot to activate the code on time. Now they expect all this? It's too much
2017-5-30
Use props
Lasernerd
lvl.1
United States

Hey,what is this,I have a new (2 months) P3P,,how much is it? Do I HAVE to do the video thing?
2017-10-20
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

These instructions can also be found on the website at: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2017-10-20
Use props
Audigy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30935 ft
Australia

I couldn't purchase the DJI Care Refresh for the first 36 hours because I didn't know how to change my country from United States to Australia. Emailed DJI immediately, knowing the urgency of timing. They respond to me, I pop by the pub on the way home from work. Get home and miss the 48 hour cut off by an hour and now I have to do this? I think I'll keep my money for more beer money. I would've purchased it straight away if the website was more user friendly.
2018-3-1
Use props
djiuser_QPFfRhhE78Wn
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62077 ft

Audigy Posted at 2018-3-1 04:17
I couldn't purchase the DJI Care Refresh for the first 36 hours because I didn't know how to change my country from United States to Australia. Emailed DJI immediately, knowing the urgency of timing. They respond to me, I pop by the pub on the way home from work. Get home and miss the 48 hour cut off by an hour and now I have to do this? I think I'll keep my money for more beer money. I would've purchased it straight away if the website was more user friendly.

It's like they really don't want to sell the Care Refresh...I have not even flown yet and have to go through all this? I missed the deadline by a few hours because I didn't think the activation went through. I was getting screens that said "if you are seeing this your activation is not complete".  Came back to it 2 days later and did get it all updated and activated, then tried buying care refresh...Nope, not a chance.  Not too pleased so far, between poor instructions and barely understandable customer service people. For what these things cost this is not good. I think I'll just sell the drone, for whatever I can get out of it at this point.
2018-8-9
Use props
Yam660
New
United Kingdom

It took me over 48 hours to get the controller spark to connect to my mobile phone. Come on Dji get a grip  £579 spent and unable to inbox and fly still not flown after 4 days.
2018-9-1
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'll add my voice to this thread too.  I completely forgot to buy DJI Care Refresh at the point of purchase, and I didn't know I only had 48 hours to make that purchase.
DJI: you are setting the bar too high.  I received my drone five days ago, registered it three days ago, and have flown it once for about 10 minutes to make sure it all worked.  (I can send you my flight log, purchase receipt, etc.

I understand that you need to make sure people aren't going to rip you off, but this uncut video is not easy to make and requires a great video camera with a long throw/macro lens, as well as someone to operate the camera.  This video takes higher-end equipment to create, a tripod for the camera,  and clearly the drone and camera operators need to practice to get this right.  

How about a simpler video, purchase receipt, and a flight log?How about requesting a flight log to include a flight AFTER this date to verify the drone still works?

Seriously, there HAS to be a simpler option, especially for those of us who simply missed the deadline by a few hours.... this is actually a bit ridiculous.

2018-9-24
Use props
UnlimiteDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 146913 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hey everyone,

I just published an article about DJI Care after 48 hours and did the necessary video. So for everyone who likes to see how such a video can look like, check it here: DJI Care after 48 hours Tutorial
It wasn't hard to record the video, the first time I missed one step but it worked well on the 2nd try
2018-11-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules