Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Smooth Flight with the Mavic
1265 7 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21191 ft
United States

I am new to personally flying DJI drones.  I bought the Mavic, and I am so happy with the purchase.  Read the manual, and some posts here and went for my first flight. The aircraft handles great, can't wait to find some better locations.  The only question I have is has anyone been able to set up a solar charger, like a backpack to charge extra batteries and would this be possible? Here is a test shot from the first flight, can't wait to fly more, it's an addiction...

High above LI looking at Connecticut

High above LI looking at Connecticut
2017-1-11
Use props
icerecou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

beautiful picture! with standard settings? you can use car charger maybe during driving time.
2017-1-11
Use props
icerecou
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

Maybe for portable device you can use a big power bank.
I have the Portable Charger RAVPower 23000mAh Power Bank
LINK
it  provide 4,5Amp (9V/12V/16V/19V/20V) , seems that you need 6A at 13,05Volt  for output to charge, available on the market?
2017-1-11
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

Nice shot. Where do those strong red colors come from?

One thing you should look at the next time: Under gimbal settings you can rotate the gimbal slightly to even the horizon. There is also a setting to display a grid that helps to do this.
2017-1-11
Use props
UtahKevin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301535 ft
United States

pretty picture! I don't know if you could get a portable solar charger with enough juice. I do have the power bank that icerecou linked above to charge a laptop with so that might be an option.
2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice photo, as the prior person posted, in the gimbal settings you can adjust the gimbal roll.
Also, if you do a gimbal calibration on flat ground this should also give you a lever horizon.

As far as battery charging, solar will not do much. The absolute least expensive way is multiple batteries. Or if you are camping for several days then a decent inverter generator would work perfectly.
The Honda 2000i is an amazing generator and super quiet and can find great used prices on Craigslist and Ebay.
2017-1-11
Use props
Cage
lvl.3
Flight distance : 21191 ft
United States

Thank you, I have to check out the gimbal settings more and make some changes.  The camera settings were somewhat standard, that is the sun at a sunset  with the sun hitting the tree tops just before the sun when down.  Most people try to capture the sunset but if you look at how the sun hits objects looking the other way the colors can be amazing, also a little adjustment in photoshop and capture helps. As for a solar solution I would love to find a way to generate enough power to keep rotating batteries on the charger when on location in areas where there is no power like on hikes, camping, etc... You just don't want to miss that award winning shot.
2017-1-11
Use props
Dronoob
Second Officer
Flight distance : 126079 ft
Germany

That will be a pretty large solar panel then. I know bags with integrated solar panels and those need about a day to charge a mobile phone.
2017-1-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules