Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
icerecou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1530732 ft
Canada

Hello all.

Did you received your MAVIC PRO in Qc?
Anyone to share is experience (order, waiting time, etc..)
2017-1-11
Use props
Flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

I was thinking of ordering one also, but i think i will wait a little.   What part of QUebec are you located at?  I am in St-Bruno
2017-1-12
Use props
Denispx
lvl.1
Flight distance : 208658 ft
Canada

Received mine last Friday did my first flight. .   Reçu Vendredi! Yeah
I`m a beginner it is my first Drone ever!  The temperature was Bloody cold -15C during the weekend. The MAvic did well it is so stable.   But unfortunately I notice a little problem with the camera lens! The left corner of the image is out of focus it is more blurry.  hope that I will be able to fix this soon! By opening a repair case at DJI
I`m located in the Laurentian.  
I ordered my MAvic Pro from www.multirotorheli.ca base in Calgary Alberta Oct 7 2016 and I received it  in Jan 6 2017.  A very long waiting!!!  What is cold about ordering outside Quebec. Is that you don't pay the Provincial taxes.  Only the GST.  They don't charge you the local provincial taxes because the shipping address is in Quebec.  And they don't apply  the Quebec provincial taxes.   Plus free shipping!
Patrick

2017-1-12
Use props
Flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Denispx Posted at 2017-1-12 07:38
I`m a beginner it is my first Drone ever!  The temperature was Bloody cold -15C during the weekend. The MAvic did well it is so stable.   But unfortunately I notice a little problem with the camera lens! The left corner of the image is out of focus it is more blurry.  hope that I will be able to fix this soon! By opening a repair case at DJI

what part of the Laurentian are you at?  I used to live in St-Annes des Lacs.   The cold impacts performance dramatically as opposed to Florida where I used to live.  The Mavic is a great starter / prosumer drone.   I personally fly the S900 and the phantom 4 but am also looking at the Mavic for small jobs.
2017-1-12
Use props
Denispx
lvl.1
Canada

Flaviomjr Posted at 2017-1-12 07:50
what part of the Laurentian are you at?  I used to live in St-Annes des Lacs.   The cold impacts performance dramatically as opposed to Florida where I used to live.  The Mavic is a great starter / prosumer drone.   I personally fly the S900 and the phantom 4 but am also looking at the Mavic for small jobs.

I lived just beside St-Anne-des-lacs in St-Sauveur.  Well you are a serious drone Pilot a S-900.  When I first order  my drone. I wanted the best image quality!  At that time  the Mavic was just release. And it seems to me to be the perfect drone. Revolutionary in terms of portability and the camera was the standard 4K. that seems just OK.  And now with the P4P. The camera is exactly what I want.  But for now the portability of the Mavic Pro is perfect for travelling!  And I will wait a bit more to buy maybe the next generation of Phantom or Mavic with a better Camera.   
2017-1-12
Use props
Badhabit07
lvl.1
Flight distance : 59324 ft
Canada

Hi! I pre-ordered mine from BestBuy last september 28th. Received-it this monday. Yeah, a long wait, but I'm in love. I'm from Montreal.
2017-1-12
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

ouaww... that,s a lonnnnggg time. Congrat for your patience

Ordered mine the 09th,will see if the 7 to 10 day shipping will work.
MTL as well.

2017-1-12
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

Flaviomjr Posted at 2017-1-12 07:25
I was thinking of ordering one also, but i think i will wait a little.   What part of QUebec are you located at?  I am in St-Bruno

Montréal
Using previously a BEBOP 2 , now switching to DJI.
2017-1-12
Use props
Flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Denispx Posted at 2017-1-12 08:29
I lived just beside St-Anne-des-lacs in St-Sauveur.  Well you are a serious drone Pilot a S-900.  When I first order  my drone. I wanted the best image quality!  At that time  the Mavic was just release. And it seems to me to be the perfect drone. Revolutionary in terms of portability and the camera was the standard 4K. that seems just OK.  And now with the P4P. The camera is exactly what I want.  But for now the portability of the Mavic Pro is perfect for travelling!  And I will wait a bit more to buy maybe the next generation of Phantom or Mavic with a better Camera.

Love that area.  Used to go to St-Sauveur every weekend to walk.  We also lived in the piedmont area, all beautiful areas and great landscapes to film.   Its been a while since I have been up there (hate the traffic).  I am hoping to get up there soon to do some shoots, maybe even as far as Mont-Tremblant park area.
2017-1-12
Use props
ducpeter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62175 ft
  • >>>
Germany

i'm in May in Tremblant on the circuit with TSBK
2017-1-13
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

South shore Montreal Beauharnaois flying a phantom 3 standard well trying every time i get it of the ground it scares the hell out of me so flight time is like 10 minutes then i go running home ( drive back ) from the shocks lol
my nerve are shot man i don't understand why i get freak out when it takes off anyone else feels like that
2017-1-14
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

guys, no news from your orders for Qc?
2017-1-14
Use props
Horus
lvl.2

Canada

best buy has them mavic pro kits they deliver time is if you buy today it will arrive by the 19 Jan
2017-1-14
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Ordered MAVIC PRO with extras JAN 1 from DJI online store, it arrived JAN 13 via DHL.
2017-1-15
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

Hummingbird.UAV Posted at 2017-1-15 07:31
Ordered MAVIC PRO with extras JAN 1 from DJI online store, it arrived JAN 13 via DHL.

good !!

I ordered mine the 9th.... the 5-7 open working day approach.
I ook in the forum but lot,s of order from US, so I am looking to find inputs for our country.

we are you from?
2017-1-15
Use props
Hummingbird.UAV
Captain
Flight distance : 27489951 ft
  • >>>
Canada

icerecou Posted at 2017-1-15 13:50
good !!

I ordered mine the 9th.... the 5-7 open working day approach.

I am in Alberta just outside of Edmonton.  Here is a link to my YT channel.
https://www.youtube.com/user/hummingbirdRPV?feature=mhee.
It my seem commercial but I only fly for fun.
2017-1-15
Use props
kiltedrunner
lvl.2
Flight distance : 484948 ft
Canada

I'm near Winnipeg, MB. I ordered mine from DrDrone on Oct 15 and received it on Nov 15. Pretty happy with their service. This is my first drone, but I used to fly RC helicopters - so this sucker is a breeze!

I'm having one small issue with mine where I get a Compass Error pretty much constantly while flying. After all my research I think it needs to go back for repair. Not fond of sending it down to the USA for repair as it might take months to get it back.
2017-1-15
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

kiltedrunner Posted at 2017-1-15 19:00
I'm near Winnipeg, MB. I ordered mine from DrDrone on Oct 15 and received it on Nov 15. Pretty happy with their service. This is my first drone, but I used to fly RC helicopters - so this sucker is a breeze!

I'm having one small issue with mine where I get a Compass Error pretty much constantly while flying. After all my research I think it needs to go back for repair. Not fond of sending it down to the USA for repair as it might take months to get it back.

I pre-ordered mine from DJI end of September, received it in Montreal mid Nov. That is six weeks but I was told the waiting time is more lower now, around 2 weeks.

I had some gimbal issues when the temperature started to get low and had to send it back to California for repair. It won't cost me a dime but it will probably take 3 weeks: one week for shipping, one week for repair (this was completed today) and I expect to get it back within the next week or so. That's the risk of buying the early models. If you can wait, you may get a model that has a few known issues already fixed. A couple of friends of mine took the risk and just ordered theirs. We'll see if they have more luck than I did... The gimbal issues and camera lens partially out of focus are the 2 issues I heard the most on this forum (after the very early losses of control that now look resolved by recent firmware updates).

I can't wait to get it back. It is really flying incredibly well and it's very fun to fly. Battery life is impressive even in cold weather (assuming you start your flight with a warm battery as recommended by DJI). I got about 23 min flying time by -10C.
2017-1-16
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

seems that the US customers are delivered in priority or are they just making more noise?
waiting for my 4th dot
2017-1-17
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

available in best buy !!!

go guy !

http://www.bestbuy.ca/fr-CA/prod ... ed532fdd0903944fr02
2017-1-17
Use props
Frits48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

Repentigny ici!
Ordered my Mavic online at the Apple store early November - received 3 weeks later before the end of November.
Over 80 flights, all good and solid. Mostly testing flight and video issues so far. Getting there!
2017-1-18
Use props
Denispx
lvl.1
Canada

Flaviomjr Posted at 2017-1-12 09:20
Love that area.  Used to go to St-Sauveur every weekend to walk.  We also lived in the piedmont area, all beautiful areas and great landscapes to film.   Its been a while since I have been up there (hate the traffic).  I am hoping to get up there soon to do some shoots, maybe even as far as Mont-Tremblant park area.

The Laurentian landscape is a beautiful and very appropriate for safe Drone filming.
I know the trafic is so bad.
2017-1-23
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

ordered the 9th, combo,
arrival planned today / tomorrow
2017-1-24
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

Place Order               : 2017/01/09                                                                *BLUE DOT*
                                  Where                  : DJI Direct Web site
                                  What                    : DJI Direct  Mavic Combo
                                   Paiment mode     : Credit Card   
Payment Reviewing : 2017/01/09 same day                                               *BLUE DOT*
Payment Success     : 2017/01/09 same day                                               *BLUE DOT*
Shipped                   : 2017/01/20                                                              *BLUE DOT*
Delivered                 : 2017/01/24

11 open days between order and deliver, nice DJI , Thank you
2017-1-24
Use props
Rass02
New
Canada

Denispx Posted at 2017-1-12 07:38

As-tu eux des problems de batterie?
2017-1-24
Use props
Rass02
New
Canada

You guys are using your drone in winter...
2017-1-24
Use props
icerecou
lvl.2
Canada

Pas pu voler encore
2017-1-24
Use props
Frits48
lvl.4
Flight distance : 155961 ft
Canada

Rass02 Posted at 2017-1-24 18:07
You guys are using your drone in winter...

Yes, not a problem.
I have flown down to -15 deg. C. and I know it can go lower. But at that point you risk getting battery errors that may trigger unsafe actions.
So, for me I limit myself to - 12 deg. C and up and fly without any restrictions.
I stay away from snow, although it will fly. I don't like the thought of things getting wet because after all it is not built water proof. Your decision.
2017-1-25
Use props
fansd3a51248
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1435774 ft
Canada

Bonjour,j'ai commandé le mien le 18 janvier sur dji et livraison Fedex demain supposément
2017-2-1
Use props
michelrivet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 43307 ft
Canada

I am from Sherbrooke QC Canada
I have a phantom 3 pro with many accessories 5 batteries ND filters and many more
I just ordered a osno plus with the z axis from omniview tech in ontario  and also the battery extender so i can use the osmo with phantom 3 battery
I should get it monday or tuesday
2017-2-2
Use props
vacance
lvl.2
Flight distance : 89715 ft
Canada

i am from St-Jean-sur-Richelieu,  with the new mavic.
2017-3-8
Use props
fans2f1fadeb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 75991 ft
Canada

Recu le mien en 3 jours commande direct de DJI, Valleyfield,qc
2017-3-9
Use props
Viktor888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443333 ft
Canada

Hello everyone, got a simple question for you DJI owners : I live in Mascouche near the airport and I'm very interested in getting the Mavic but the way I understand how the firmware is working is that it'll prevent me from flying because I'm inside 5 miles radius of an airport...am I wrong?
Thank you for your answers,

Salut tout le monde, petite question : je reste à Mascouche près de l'aéroport, le Mavic m'intéresse mais de la facon que je comprends les choses, le logiciel comprendrait que je suis a l'interieur du fameux 5 miles d'un aeroport et je pourrais pas voler c'est ca?
Merci,

Viktor
2017-6-28
Use props
fansd13c7e35
New

United States

Curious as to if you need a license to fly the Mavic in Canada.  I'm coming from the states to go fishing and would love to bring it with me.
2017-7-27
Use props
Viktor888
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443333 ft
Canada

fansd13c7e35 Posted at 2017-7-27 05:47
Curious as to if you need a license to fly the Mavic in Canada.  I'm coming from the states to go fishing and would love to bring it with me.

Hey Fans,

As of today you don't need any registration at all to fly your Mavic in Canada.
Here's the link to the canadian regulations that you must follow, quite restrictive but if you go fishing I'm pretty sure you'll be fine!
Happy flying (and fishing!)

Viktor888

https://www.tc.gc.ca/eng/civilav ... safely-legally.html

2017-8-2
Use props
djiuser_0CJR4O0
lvl.4

Canada

Hello,

For Quebec Users, did you have to pay extra taxes or duty fees when you received by UPS, Purolator or DHL? I want to know if it really is the final price on the site with Tax and VAT included for the mavic pro.

Bonjour,

pour les citoyens quebecois, est-ce que vous étiez obligé de débourser des frais supplémentaires au moment de la livraison? Genre des taxes tps tvq ou même douanier?

Merci de me revenir Je veux savoir si cela est vraiment plus économique de commander sur le site ici.
2018-1-15
Use props
fanse2951397
New

Canada

Hi everybody !

I just got a Toruk AP11 pro brand new never open. Anyone is interested good price!
2018-1-20
Use props
fanse2951397
New

Canada

Hi everybody !

I just got a Toruk AP11 pro brand new never open. Anyone is interested good price!
2018-1-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules