Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
What would you do?
773 6 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ems12a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have a Phantom 4 and I love it. I also have the Inspire 1 with the X5 and the Z3. Thats alot of kit and a lot of money invested.

I seem to fly the Phantom 4 more than the Inspire 1. The Inspire is an awesome bird. It's fast, agile and fun to fly. But it is also very "dumb" there is no collision avoidiance and can be "scary" to fly. RTH on the Inspire is nail biting if anything is in the way.

The Phantom 4 is also quite a bit more portable as I can store it in my Backpack with the props attached and "park and go". Many times I have just pulled off onthe side of the road and launched. The Inspire takes quite a bitlonger to set up.

My question is should I sell the Inspire 1 and buy the Phantom 4 Pro Plus? Is the camera on the P4P better or just as good as the X5? I really like the telephoto of Z3 and it might be the only reason I hold on to the Inspire beacuse the Z3 is very handy for Visual Inspections. Maybe see the X5 for the P4P? Again is the camera better on the P4P?

LOL maybe I'll just wait for my Tax retuen and buy the P4P and keep the Inspire 1 I don't know, its just a shame it doesn't get flown more.

2017-1-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When comparing the P4P to the X5, the X5 would still win with the larger sensor and RAW capabilities. The Inspire 1 was around prior to obstacle avoidance being a possibility. Its new Inspire 2 does have that function. Obstacle avoidance is a great option, but other customers have been enjoying the Inspire 1 without this luxury. As long as you are in a clear area and you've set your RTH settings high enough, the likelihood that you would hit anything would be quite small. It really depends on what you plan to do from here on in. If you are using these drones for work, then the Inspire is still a great professional tool.
2017-1-11
Use props
Steve-76
lvl.4
Flight distance : 175495 ft
United States

well i hear a lot of complaints about the p4p and the camera gimbal issue in a couple other issues with flyaways I would wait., i want a mavic. So far I haven't heard too much about it bad and if I had a P4 already and you wanted to sell something I would buy him a bit personally
2017-1-12
Use props
JWC P4 P
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8176 ft
South Africa

I live your predicament... I have a P4 P.  I want an Inspire 2 with X5S.  I struggle with this (because it is not out of need).  The P4 P camera is basically the "same" as the new X4S - so it is good.  I have struggled to get the P4 P camera to perform as well as it could because of a menacing "flickering" and moire.  It is somewhat sorted now with a lot of experimenting with settings and ND filters (home made at this stage).

The Inspire 1 is still a fantastic machine.  If you are satisfied with the video quality you get from the camera, do not sell it - at least for now.  You are just going to loose a lot of money to gain what?  RTH?  Rather fly safer.  Why fly so far away that RTH should be a problem?  Fly where you can still see the bird.

Not long from now the new Inspire 2 Pro will be out with 360deg. avoidance and a sensor output of 1:1.  Believe me, this is the name of the game.  Think this through and hang on a while longer - at least until the honeymoon (in your head) is over and you then think - and think not with your heart....   
2017-1-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not the Plus. Just the Pro, if you go that route.
2017-1-12
Use props
ems12a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 555863 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the input

I love the inspire 1 its the V2 so it has the locking props and really is actuality quieter while in flight than the Phantoms.

I may just hold out for a while and see what the price does on the Inspire 2.

The Phantom 4 Pro just doesn't have the WOW factor to push me to sell the Inspire 1 for it.

=)
2017-1-12
Use props
theGrindLab.com
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

ems12a@gmail.co Posted at 2017-1-12 09:30
Thanks for the input

I love the inspire 1 its the V2 so it has the locking props and really is actuality quieter while in flight than the Phantoms.

Exactly. That "wow factor" is the main reason I considered the Inspire 1. I don't really need the speed, the 360 degree cam, or the better handling in high winds. I was convinced by others who own both to invest in the P4P instead. If I had enough paying clients to justify the additional expense, then I might go the other route, both that is not the case for me.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules