Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
RMA... What to send? Everything?
1599 6 2017-1-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Impossible J
lvl.1
United States

I'm about to send my mavic in for an RMA for a non-functional indicator light and faulty gimbal, and have my shipping label and all, but zero instructions were given about just what to send. Should I include everything that came in the box? Just the drone? Anyone know the standard protocol on this? Thanks!
2017-1-11
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

I have the same issue of what to send back. I have the combo package and my problem is foreign material behind the lens inside the camera, which I suspect is mould. My instructions are to send back everything apart from the sd card, controller and props. My dilemma is whether this generic instruction is relative to a standard Mavic or a combo package. As my issue is with the camera alone, none of the peripheral items are under scrutiny and my biggest fear is if I cherry pick what I return, will I get the same things back, and if I didn't it would be difficult to prove what has gone missing.
2017-1-12
Use props
R&L Aerial
Captain
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

rick39 Posted at 2017-1-12 04:30
I have the same issue of what to send back. I have the combo package and my problem is foreign material behind the lens inside the camera, which I suspect is mould. My instructions are to send back everything apart from the sd card, controller and props. My dilemma is whether this generic instruction is relative to a standard Mavic or a combo package. As my issue is with the camera alone, none of the peripheral items are under scrutiny and my biggest fear is if I cherry pick what I return, will I get the same things back, and if I didn't it would be difficult to prove what has gone missing.

I've read other places were you send back the drone and controller, nothing else.
2017-1-12
Use props
Buzzyone
Captain
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

In Europe they only want the aircraft, no props no SD, no battery, just the aircraft. Also in Europe they don't recommend you send it in the shipping box but ask for it to be wrapped in bubble wrap and then a stout box.
2017-1-12
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Buzzyone Posted at 2017-1-12 10:18
In Europe they only want the aircraft, no props no SD, no battery, just the aircraft. Also in Europe they don't recommend you send it in the shipping box but ask for it to be wrapped in bubble wrap and then a stout box.

That's perfect, many thanks
2017-1-12
Use props
rick39
Second Officer
United Kingdom

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-1-12 10:07
I've read other places were you send back the drone and controller, nothing else.

Many thanks for your reply
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If the battery and controller are working fine then you don't need to send them in. Only send in the aircraft.
2017-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules