Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
iowa locations
12Next >
4845 61 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bluemarley67
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1242638 ft
United States

what are some really cool areas closed to the tri states are in iowa nebraska or south dakota 20 miles within the area? thankyou!
2017-1-12
Use props
OuchThatHurts
lvl.1
Flight distance : 932146 ft
United States

I live in Cedar Rapids IA and just received my Mavic yesterday. When I find some good spots in eastern IA I will let you know
2017-1-18
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

sounds good OuchThatHurts
2017-1-19
Use props
Perk
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4037841 ft
  • >>>
United States

OuchThatHurts Posted at 2017-1-18 11:55
I live in Cedar Rapids IA and just received my Mavic yesterday. When I find some good spots in eastern IA I will let you know

I live in Cedar Rapids and ordered my unit from the store 1/9. Hoping for delivery next week.
2017-1-20
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

I live in Monticello, just down the road about 30 min.  I have a P4 and a mavic on order,I should get the shipping notice any day now,  if they really ship in a week.  Fingers crossed.
When it warms up I will go up to the new dam at Delhi.  It is a really cool design. I really like lakes and rivers to shoot.  I am also planning a field planting and harvesting video this spring and fall.
2017-1-24
Use props
coryjackson
lvl.1

United States

I live in the Quad Cities area...  P4Pro just arrived today. Off the top of my head - River boats, barges, and bridges spanning the Mississippi River /should/ make for some nice footage. Winter time flyover of Adventure Land if you are in the DSM area. Will post more as I think of additional areas. Happy flying!
2017-1-24
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

about all we have around here is the river city farmland a couple lakes that are really just large ponds. and of course snow after yesterday and today haha

happy flying especially to the guys just getting theirs btw read your instructions a couple times pm me if help is needed ill do what I can
2017-1-25
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Just got the big notification, my Mavic fly more pack will be here this friday.  The end of a very long waite. Life just got better.
2017-1-25
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

Hey Pwfirst! GREAT NEWS happy to read this! let me know how you like it! I had a buddy who had one and he loved it but needed something bigger.
2017-1-26
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

The box arrived.looks in good shape.  I got the fly more pack. Charging everything now.
So that leaves me with the new mavic and my P4.  I will fly the Mavic tonight or tomorrow depends on the wind and the temp.  25 degrees right now.
2017-1-27
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

After a good charging I just had to give it a try,  25 degrees and  very windy.  Wind warnings but it flyes great, not like the P4 but stable , shot some trial video, looks good,  still waiting for my filters.
I flew it with my apple mini 2 and my Samsung 7'edge, both worked great.   I am looking forward to trying all the bells and whistles.  I used go app 4.   Flawless flights.
2017-1-27
Use props
potthoff
Flight distance : 982579 ft
United States

coryjackson Posted at 2017-1-24 18:57
I live in the Quad Cities area...  P4Pro just arrived today. Off the top of my head - River boats, barges, and bridges spanning the Mississippi River /should/ make for some nice footage. Winter time flyover of Adventure Land if you are in the DSM area. Will post more as I think of additional areas. Happy flying!

I have been planning a trip to Adventureland. Unfortunately, it's considered Class E airspace from Ankeny. Still, I would like to go if we ever get some decent snow.

Also still waiting for our P4 to get back from the world's worst support service. But I'll be sure to post some footage here when I get it.
2017-1-28
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

I just can'take seem to let things alone.  I decided to add some bling. I have flown it 3 times , cold and 20 to 25 m/hour wind. It flies great.  Got my lenses in. Waiting for better weather to shoot some video.

20170131_205526.jpg
20170131_205443.jpg
2017-1-31
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

that's is really looking cool how are videos turning out?
2017-2-2
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the comment.
The video so far is similar to my P4 so I don't expect any problems,  just got my lenses in, waiting to give them  a try.
2017-2-2
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

cant wait to see some videos with the different lenses!
2017-2-3
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

This is and uncensored video at my office with my new  DJI Mavic Pro.  No filters, every thing on auto. Judge for your self, but to me this looks good.  I can hardly wait for some better weather.  Have notice when I get into high winds, the camera shaking is noticeable.  Normal conditions , no issue.  I don't think this camera in poor conditions, is as steady as my P4.
But the P4 won't fit in my coat pocket.  Praying for good weather. " Living the Good Life here in IOWA".    Phil
2017-2-4
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

https://youtu.be/NpXhqv-bgb4   woops
2017-2-5
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

https://youtu.be/NpXhqv-bgb4   
2017-2-5
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Can't get the videos to work. I' work on it.
2017-2-5
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpXhqv-bgb4]        dji indoors no filters
2017-2-5
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Working so hard the didn't notic the drone.

This was my new mavic,  indoors  with no filters.  That was also the first time I flew it indoors.  I like this drone.
2017-2-5
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

new mavic photo on auto no filters      
2017-2-5
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

wow that mavic has great image quality looks just like the phantom4 pro! although I am very surprised to see jello in your shot seems strange to me to see that on a mavic other than that looks great nice work! ill try to post something quick today if I can figure out how to post on here. I did a promo video last week before a dart tournament had 15 mins to do it turned out pretty well
2017-2-8
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

bluemarley67 Posted at 2017-2-8 06:43
wow that mavic has great image quality looks just like the phantom4 pro! although I am very surprised to see jello in your shot seems strange to me to see that on a mavic other than that looks great nice work! ill try to post something quick today if I can figure out how to post on here. I did a promo video last week before a dart tournament had 15 mins to do it turned out pretty well

https://www.skypixel.com/pilot/videos/share/midwest-dart-2017?account=timlund7
2017-2-8
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

I was in 4k auto and have had that issue befor. I usually shoot in the 1080 range at 30 frames per secound. And it seems to go away.  There are a lot of entries in the forum on the jello. Also I was getting wind warnings that day

I think I have fixed my disconnect problem,  I purchased another ipad mini 2, 32 for $215 from best buy.
2017-2-9
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

i too run that iPad i love the thing i don't use it for anything but dji tho i do notice with any device i use i go in and out of video for some reason
2017-2-9
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

That is a lot of dart boards. These guys take good videos Indoors..

I just got the nodded to film the Anamosa motor cycle hill climb this summer. I think that will be fun. I am planning on using my P4 and the Mavic.   One will be to the side and one will be over head.  The  course set should help with repeating the same run time after time.  I will make them a 5 min promo film for the web sit and a longer copulation. I have a portible recording mixer that I will add a sure 57 mic for the sounds. You guy are welcome to join me.
2017-2-10
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

if I could grab the date from you location and time I would love to help you out if I am able! that sounds like a great time!
2017-2-13
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Looks like it is June 4.  Starts early am.  The owners are good friends. 3 drones will be great. I am going out some day to decide how to shoot it.  And take some practice videos.  I want to give the terain option a try.  I will keep you informed.  Phil.
2017-2-14
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

it was sixty dart boards total!

sounds good phil I will see if another friend or 2 would be interested in the shoot if you'd like
also what town and state will this be held in?

2017-2-14
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Anamosa Iowa on 151.just out side Anamosa.  Across the Wapsi river from scooters bar. This is a semi pro event.  Your friends are welcome. I would hope to get copies of the footage. I love to put videos together.  I think this could be a lot of fun.
We will have priority for all shooting locations. I will bring a tent for shade and a table for the gear. Phil
2017-2-14
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

we will absolutely give footage from eventwill you have a laptop to upload there? other wise we can email exchange
2017-2-15
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

I will bring a lap top.  When you get there just tell them you are with the drone team and they will let you in free.  I will have a table and a tent there  they have a generator we can use too.  I will keep every one informed though this forum phil
2017-2-20
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

This is my first video with my new Mavic, Still  working on the settings for the video.  I grew up on this resort on the Maquoketa River ie Lake Delhi.  That means that my parents owned the resort and i pumped gas and mowed the grass while my friends were water skiing.
2017-2-20
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

Let's get a tally of the drones in iowa frome this forum.
I have 2 dones.
1. DJI phantom 4
2. DJI mavic pro
2017-3-1
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

I have 2 both phantom 4 pro non+
2017-3-2
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

https://www.skypixel.com/videos/evening-cruise-461f6488-1751-4004-8863-8f5aa026bfdf?utm_source=url&utm_medium=copied&utm_campaign=share
2017-3-2
Use props
bluemarley67
Second Officer
United States

i did this video Monday night turned out very well for my imu not being calibrated before flight
2017-3-2
Use props
Pwfirst
lvl.4
United States

The day cruise was very cool, but those first night shots with the the sunset were amazing. That camera on the P4 pro is just out standing.  I loved the shot where the cars spead up and went under the drone to.  Great job.
2017-3-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules