Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Battery discharging
682 7 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Horus
lvl.1

Canada

Hello just a question about how to discharge a battery what is the best way if your not flying the quad

2017-1-12
Use props
Labroides
Captain
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just leave it and it will do it for you as it's programmed to.
2017-1-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Use the Flight SIM, as a helpful method to discharge your flight battery. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-1-12
Use props
WilliamM
First Officer
Flight distance : 904364 ft
United States

The default setting for auto discharge is ten days, that it's starts to discharge. Personally I think a setting of between 3 and 5 days is best. It can be set in the Go app if you didn't know.
2017-1-12
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United States

Agreed - the 10 day setting is too long. I set my battery's to 3 days.

That then means battery is fine and ready to use for 3 days - then enters slow discharge state. The battery discharges to storage level over next 2 days.

I also have a discharger from eBay - this has switch so I can discharge to storage or to deep discharge. It has a USB port on it so the battery energy from discharge can be used to charge a mobile phone, tablet or for a lamp.

Nigel
2017-1-12
Use props
Horus
lvl.1

Canada

Thank you all for your responses i didn't know that you can do it through the app. its a learning curve this hobby thank you
2017-1-12
Use props
solentlife
Captain
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United States

The app does not discharge the battery.  The app allows you to set the timer for battery to do it itself.

Remember that the timer will stop if you do anything with battery such as switch on ... check charge level etc.  So leave the battery alone !

Personally I prefer discharge manually using my own gear ..... but that's another subject. And i would never discharge using the aircraft unless actually flying.

Nigel
2017-1-12
Use props
Horus
lvl.1

Canada

OK great understood i will go back and have a better look at the app thing see if i can set for like 3 days till it start to discharge its self. I found the nexus Nigel good price then my furnace went down had to get it fixed was under warrantee but the call was 150 CAN dollars so will wait another week lol always something .
2017-1-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules