2145924165 2145924165 2017-1-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4697a0c7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 427 ft
United States

Nice!
Move to north Idaho we have very little restrictions except the FAA normal stuff.  Lots of mountains and Lakes and rivers and wildlife.  This is the best of whats left!
2017-5-29
Use props
fansa60764da
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1439567 ft
United States

Lynnwood here . Fly all over the area
2017-6-7
Use props
fans2c9e8b48
New

United States

Odan Posted at 2017-1-13 05:34
Howdy from Dan in Seattle  I think you have more space in Everett than I do in Seattle area. I can't wait to give Deception pass a try   I think I'm going to like this regional gorum thing...good Idea DJI

Hey everybody. Renton here. My name is Kristian. I've logged about 51 flights on my p3 standard. I'm a little late to the party but I was reading some comments about concerns on where to fly. I like to fly above water. Great reception and no danger of hitting obstacles and/or people. I feel very comfortable with my drone so I take it to parks, waterfronts, beaches. Be sure to check park rules before flying. Lots of Seattle and Bellevue parks ban drones

Don't know if you guys know but the dji app will not allow you to fly in restricted zones. The drone will stop and hover and notify you that you are about to enter a no fly zone. It's pretty fool proof. As long as you aren't flying at a super high altitude where you could interfere with planes or disturbing people you should be good! I see some of you are remote pilot certified so you may know more about the rules than me but I've had 51 successful flights. No crashes and nobody asking me to stop flying or saying I broke the rules. Here is a list of places I've flown.

-Tacoma Waterfront
-Lake Washington
-The Gorge
-Browns Point
-Seahurst Beach in Burien
-point defiance by narrows bridge
-Alki beach

You may want to double check the rules on these places before flying. Drones are getting popular and rules change fast! But It's all about your confort level and PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE. I have a complication of some cool clips I've gotten from around the area on my page. Check it out. Hope to learn and talk with you guys more. Keep flying!
IMG_8251.JPG
2017-7-16
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1158727 ft
  • >>>
United States

2017-7-17
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-7-17
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-7-17
Use props
TerribleTim68
lvl.1
United States

Hey BlueZone, is that JBLM in that first shot? If so, you must be a little North of me, like by about 20 blocks, lol.
2017-8-14
Use props
TerribleTim68
lvl.1
United States

fans2c9e8b48 Posted at 2017-7-16 23:51
Hey everybody. Renton here. My name is Kristian. I've logged about 51 flights on my p3 standard. I'm a little late to the party but I was reading some comments about concerns on where to fly. I like to fly above water. Great reception and no danger of hitting obstacles and/or people. I feel very comfortable with my drone so I take it to parks, waterfronts, beaches. Be sure to check park rules before flying. Lots of Seattle and Bellevue parks ban drones

Don't know if you guys know but the dji app will not allow you to fly in restricted zones. The drone will stop and hover and notify you that you are about to enter a no fly zone. It's pretty fool proof. As long as you aren't flying at a super high altitude where you could interfere with planes or disturbing people you should be good! I see some of you are remote pilot certified so you may know more about the rules than me but I've had 51 successful flights. No crashes and nobody asking me to stop flying or saying I broke the rules. Here is a list of places I've flown.

Did you find any issues flying at Ruston Way or around the Narrows? I'd like to go try those areas, but it seems to be getting harder and harder to find places to fly around town.

Our family has property out on the beach in Grayland, but every time I take the drone with me the wind is horrid. I'm scared to launch it in those 15mph winds. Anyone got some advice on a max wind speed you will fly in?
2017-8-14
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-16
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-8-16
Use props
TerribleTim68
lvl.1
United States

BlueZone Posted at 2017-8-16 16:36
Hello Tim.  
Im couple miles from JBLM and next to the freeway, you can see it in the night shot.
Are you in Parkland area by PLU?

Yeah, literally right next to PLU's football field. It's a tough spot to be in. I can launch from my front yard, but if I move toward JBLM the software starts freaking out about the no fly zone and often "returns-to-home" on me. PLU gives me grief because their policy is that you can't launch from there. But one of them did say "If you launch from your yard and walk over here, we can't do anything."

I shot this using Litchi around the 'hood earlier this year -

I can't use the DJI app because for some reason both my tablet and my phone don't like it. So I don't get to actually log flight time. If I need to update anything I have to use my wife's phone for that, then I go back to Litchi on my stuff. Frustrating.
2017-8-21
Use props
djiuser_GcRtCYL
New

United States

EagleEyezz Posted at 2017-2-3 20:55
Hello, I'm From Seabeck WA. I just do this as a Hobby but may move into the Commercial Photgraphy field. I have a P4.  I took this pic last night of the snow storm moving in, IRCC this was a 4 sec timelapse.

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/16402780_10158235591940626_7719539811549165501_o.jpg?oh=b4859626ce217b42c6f6d2168d82bbc3&oe=59007DFD[/img]

Need some training in So.Kitsap 360 551 1777
2017-8-24
Use props
Asht3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40768 ft
United States

Anyone still here in Washington?  I live in Puyallup and just got my 4th Drone, a DJI Spark.  Now I need more space and more scenery to fly in.  With all of the legislation and laws out there now, its hard to find a place that you can legally fly that more than a football field big.  Any suggestions?
2017-8-28
Use props
OODAloop
New
Flight distance : 385955 ft
United States

Hiya folks! I'm out in wheat fields north of Spokane and the flying has been great here, mostly because it's wheat fields. Got a P3S a few weeks ago and have been working on the skillset, so no flights outside the home turf yet. I'm scouting for places to go, and just like most folks, I find all the restrictions to be a bit burdensome. There are a lot of people, businesses and government agencies/departments who really don't trust people to fly a drone and not cause havoc with it. We'll see. I'm trying to figure out what it will take to fly it up the Spokane river, and who I have to talk to to get that done. In the end, it might actually be easiest to start at the WA/ID border and fly it on the ID part of the river. Guess I'll find out soon...
2017-9-2
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

Camano Island here.  I am lucky and on the Beach facing Port Susan.  Flying as often as I can keep my 3 soon to be 4 batteries charged for my Spark.  So far I've been out over the water about 1 mile out and 400 feet.  Lots of room out here.  Got my Spark on 9 Sep and have 8 hours and 22 minutes for 179,347 feet of flying for 83 flights as of now.  
2017-9-24
Use props
BlueZone
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

2017-9-29
Use props
m.a.c.
lvl.1
Flight distance : 16181 ft
United States

New P3s owner here in Kirkland.  Not sure where to fly "legally" but have managed to get a few local flights in nonetheless.  
2017-10-6
Use props
GBG1138
lvl.1
United States

induster Posted at 2017-1-18 10:08
Hey - Wenatchee here. Several places near leavenworth! Google "enchantment lakes wilderness", "eight mile lake", "lake wenatchee", "chelan"... If anyone is interested in an overnight excursion into the wilderness this summer to get some great shots let me know.

Except that it is illegal to land or take off from a USFS designated wilderness area.
2017-11-1
Use props
ericjs
New

United States

Bothell Here!  I just wonder do I really need registration for my drone or any permit to fly in Washington state.
2017-11-7
Use props
MattL1104
New
Flight distance : 285 ft
United States

Completely new to drones here in the Auburn/Federal Way area.  I too am trying to figure out if I need an FAA license to fly a DJI Spark for personal/hobby use.  I've flown a few times in my garage and cul-de-sac to get used to flying, but was hoping to take it to a school soccer field this weekend.  Not sure though if I need a license of some sort.  I see that I'll need to contact the five heliports and airports in the area, but it does seem overkill if I'm flying below treetops in an open field.  Will do my due diligence though.

So the big question I need answered is - do I need a license and registration number for my tiny little drone to just fly for fun?
2017-11-17
Use props
MattL1104
New
Flight distance : 285 ft
United States

MattL1104 Posted at 2017-11-17 09:57
Completely new to drones here in the Auburn/Federal Way area.  I too am trying to figure out if I need an FAA license to fly a DJI Spark for personal/hobby use.  I've flown a few times in my garage and cul-de-sac to get used to flying, but was hoping to take it to a school soccer field this weekend.  Not sure though if I need a license of some sort.  I see that I'll need to contact the five heliports and airports in the area, but it does seem overkill if I'm flying below treetops in an open field.  Will do my due diligence though.

So the big question I need answered is - do I need a license and registration number for my tiny little drone to just fly for fun?

A friend just sent me this link which indicates as long as you fly under the guidelines of  "Special Rule for Model Aircraft" you do not need to register your aircraft or get an FAA pilots license.  Although it's only $5 to voluntarily register your sUAS.  Under these guidelines, you do still need to contact local airports.

https://registermyuas.faa.gov/
2017-11-17
Use props
Ted the Plumber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658953 ft
United States

Odan Posted at 2017-1-14 11:03
Hey guy's...I've been snooping around on Google earth program looking for places around me. I think we re all very new to drones and need lots of space in order to fly.
I know that's how I feel right now and I even have experience with Electric Heli"s.
I'm pretty lucky, I live in Skyway very near Renton.  I have a 5 acre field next to the house so I can fly  pretty easy. I am in a "class D air space" and get a warning to fly t or less then 150 feet.

5 acres, sounds like a pretty good space, I've been flying at a local school on weekends when no one is around. Any chance I could check out your field? I can bring beer!
2017-12-1
Use props
djiuser_kWZKoME
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

New to drones here in Spokane.  I picked up a Spark on Black Friday, only flown it twice outside so far.  So much fun and hoping to get a lot better at it so I can capture some of the amazing scenery we have around here.
2017-12-3
Use props
djiuser_xJTs5zN
lvl.1
United States

Odan Posted at 2017-1-14 11:03
Hey guy's...I've been snooping around on Google earth program looking for places around me. I think we re all very new to drones and need lots of space in order to fly.
I know that's how I feel right now and I even have experience with Electric Heli"s.
I'm pretty lucky, I live in Skyway very near Renton.  I have a 5 acre field next to the house so I can fly  pretty easy. I am in a "class D air space" and get a warning to fly t or less then 150 feet.

Hi Dan - I live around Renton (down from skyway) as well and I just got my DJI Spark. I was able to sync phone/controller/spark last night only to find my house is on 'no fly zone' so it wouldn't take off. I brought it to work here in Bellevue and was able to get it to fly.

Question - could you please tell me where in Renton/Skyway to play with this drone? I assume Renton High is a no go since it's next to municipal airport? Also do I need to register my Spark if I fly around Renton or Seattle? Thank you!
2017-12-5
Use props
Erika B.
New
United States

Hi Everett area here. I've flown my Phantom 3SE about 25 times, mostly in Belize, Mexico, and Guatemala. I've only flown a few times at home because it appears that just about everywhere in WA is off limits! I'm really interested in filming at Ruby Beach though. Does anyone know of any restrictions over there?
2017-12-7
Use props
fans8a689156
New

United States

Hi I'm Shane, I'm new to the group and I live in Lynnwood.
2017-12-8
Use props
Brambleman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20627 ft
United States

Hey - Wenatchee here. Several places near leavenworth! Google "enchantment lakes wilderness", "eight mile lake", "lake wenatchee", "chelan"... If anyone is interested in an overnight excursion into the wilderness this summer to get some great shots let me know.

Unfortunately any declared wildernesses like the enchantments, alpine lakes, etc, are completely illegal to fly in just like National Parks. Only National Forests allow UAV
2017-12-13
Use props
fansf77477c8
New
United States

fans2c9e8b48 Posted at 2017-7-16 23:51

Its Matz here. Im new in drone flying as well just got my p4p i tried flying by wierhouser field and got kicked out. Thanks for listing the area ill check it out sometimes when weather permits.
2017-12-17
Use props
Eric Horst
lvl.3
Flight distance : 289813 ft
United States

One solution to flight restrictions in Western Washington (or anywhere) is to study and test for FAA UAS Remote Pilot Certification. Once certified, you are trusted to operate just about anywhere, just not right on top of Seatac, Paine, NAS Whidbey, etc, provided you yield to other aircraft and operate like a real pilot. It takes time to study and the test can be challenging. I did it, gave me something to do last winter. Once certified you can also fly commercially, ie for money.

Eric
2018-1-6
Use props
fans29f5610e
New
United States

‘New recreational drone pilot here in Maple Valley - looking for nearby places to fly and drone pals to hang out with.
2018-1-15
Use props
Papa Ski
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90272 ft
United States

New Mavic Pro owner down in the Rainier area (south of Olympia), I also have been flying up in the Gig Harbor area.  I live on a Christmas tree farm so plenty of clear flight paths.
2018-1-16
Use props
salmonshark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 206352 ft
United States

New to flying drones... I am in the Renton/Fairwood area.  Got maybe a dozen flights logged now.

2018-1-17
Use props
fans58836f18
New
Flight distance : 115666 ft
United States

Hi from Camano Island. I own a Mavic Pro and P3S. I fly a lot up north and out on the Island. Last week I was working with state patrol out in Marysville and in Monroe. It was fun flying at night and taking pictures.  Anyone up north interested in going on small hikes or driving by some old bridges on hwy 9? Or maybe hwy 11 and film some great stuff.
2018-2-1
Use props
DavidLongley
lvl.1
Flight distance : 33 ft
United States

Hi All!
New DJI Mavic Pro owner in Covington.
Looks like we have some great posts here. I am eager to meet up and share notes!
2018-2-1
Use props
jwwool
lvl.1
Flight distance : 166181 ft

United States

Hello from Snohomish. I also spend a lot of time in Redmond, Duvall, and Mount Vernon, so I get around!
2018-2-24
Use props
fansb61a3372
New
United States

Supposedly, Lowell Riverfront Park is a good place to go, though I haven't been there yet.
2018-3-1
Use props
Ted the Plumber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 658953 ft
United States

The best place I have found so far is in Greenwater off of Hwy 410. I found a logging road that went up and a round a hillside and came to a clearing with a view of the valley below, nothing but forest service land as far as you can see. I was thinking of trying to coordinate a meet up where we could introduce ourselves, share info, and fly. Any thoughts? I'll try to check back every couple of days to see if anyone is interested.
2018-3-13
Use props
bytored
lvl.2
Flight distance : 56237 ft
United States

Wenatchee here also.  Just ordered a Spark and really looking for places to fly.  kinda just wanted to fly around my back yard (fancher area) and over a canyon in back of my house by gun club.  Kind of leary  about where to fly,  Just registered with the FAA and will be looking for placed to fly in the valley. suggestions?
2018-3-20
Use props
Black Panther
Second Officer
Flight distance : 407113 ft
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-24 09:10
Snow is starting to melt however the temperatures are still in the Thirties...  Looking forward to a great summer of flying in the Wenatchee Valley...

I live near here!  If not mistaken, that is the Navarre-Coulee Road heading into Lake Chelan.  Great Shot, so cool to see North Central Washington.  
2018-4-1
Use props
Black Panther
Second Officer
Flight distance : 407113 ft
United States

bytored Posted at 2018-3-20 16:37
Wenatchee here also.  Just ordered a Spark and really looking for places to fly.  kinda just wanted to fly around my back yard (fancher area) and over a canyon in back of my house by gun club.  Kind of leary  about where to fly,  Just registered with the FAA and will be looking for placed to fly in the valley. suggestions?

Wenatchee here as well.  When I was learning to fly I went to Palisades.  Wide open spaces, very few people and AMAZING rocks and hills to photograph.  I did get an interference warning near the school/ grange area but everywhere else was great.  And like I said, the views are top notch!
2018-4-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules