Activation help PLEASE!!!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jgarrett
New

United States

I have a P3P that I replaced the mainboard in due to a crash. Everything works except I am unable to activate it. I have installed the latest version firmware on RC and AC and latest DJI go.
I can never get the app to bring up the activation screen.
I have tried 3 iphones, 2 ipads, 2 android phones and 1 android tablet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times tried all combonation of which is turned on first.
Tech support (chat) was suppose to e-mail me some instruction on how to activate. This was last week and I am still waiting.
I really would love to fly this Phantom but I need someone to tell me what I am doing wrong or some way to activate.
Thanks...

2017-1-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha garrett,

This is news to me, you have to activate your Phantom again after an MC replacement?  Can you get into camera view?  Can you start up the props?  If all these things can be done, you are activated already.  Why do you think you have to activate your Phantom again?  You have not provided this information.

Activation preserves your warranty.  You have already voided your warranty for your aircraft by changing your MC.  I can see no other benefit to activation.  Your remote controller warranty is still covered under the original activation if it has not expired already.

If, for some reason you actually do have to activate again, and since the Chat did not email you the required information, then you should try the chat again and find out what happened.  You might also consider phoning US Tech Support.  Make sure you have all the required information before you try Chat or Phone support.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-1-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Just to clarify, are you sure you're connected to the internet? Have you relinked the aircraft to the RC to ensure they are communicating to each other? Could you possibly provide a small video of the issue?
2017-1-12
Use props
jgarrett
New

United States

The aircraft is  over a year old so it is out of warranty.
IT's when I go to do the CSC that I get the message "Warning Activate Aircraft!) so no the motors will not arm.
Everything else works, I have a good link between RC and AC. I am connected to the internet. I can get into camera view. With no error messages until I attempt to arm motors then I get activate aircraft message.
Thanks for the replies...Mahalo
2017-1-13
Use props
kerrylaw
lvl.2

United States

New birds, or replaced MC boards,  have to registered with DJI through the Go app in order to activate them. Motors won't start until you do. Simple and straightforward to do, only time you actually have to have an Internet connection.   Setting Up The Drone With The Dji Go App “Activate your drone”

This is how to do the initial setup of your DJI drone using the DJI GO iOS App, which includes activating the drone with DJI and updating firmware.
Note that the article describes doing the steps with a Phantom 3, however this same process is used with Phantom 3, Phantom 4, and Inspire 1.
        1.        Power up your transmitter and then power up your drone.  Tap the "DJI GO" iOS icon to launch it.
        2.        The following screen will appear.  Tap the "PHANTOM _ _________" tab to select your drone.  (The "Camera" tab will appear gray because your iOS device is not yet plugged into the transmitter.)
        3.        Attach the lightning cable from the transmitter to your iOS device.  (The "Camera" tab will now be blue as your device is plugged into the transmitter and detected.)
        4.        You will now need to activate the Phantom 3.  Tap "Next" to continue.
        5.        Choose a name for the aircraft, then tap the "Continue>" button.
        6.        Next, it will allow you to choose the Control Mode.  We recommend that you use the Mode 2 (Default) as it is the standard & tap the "Continue >"button.
        7.        Leave the Customizable Buttons as is and tap the "Continue >" button.
        8.        Choose your preferred unit and video output readings and tap the "Continue >" button.
        9.        Next, it will ask if you would like to stay in "Beginner Mode."  If you are a beginner, we highly recommend that you stay in this mode and practice flying first.  If not, turn off "Beginner Mode" and tap the "Continue >" button.
        10.        Sign in using your DJI credentials or create an account if you have do not have one.    Tap "Connect to Server" to continue.  Tap "Activate" to register the drone under your account.
        11.        Once the drone has been activated successfully, it will ask you to update the firmware.

NOTE: If this is your first time, please take the time to watch the video tutorials by tapping "Video Tutorials" button.  They are very helpful and will give you an idea on how to operate the drone safely and responsibly.
Next, tap the "Update Firmware" button to update because the drone will not allow you to fly without current firmware.
Open up the DJI GO App with both the drone and the transmitter turned on.  Tap the "Camera" button.  You should see the following screen.  Tap the "Firmware requires upgrade" button:
Tap "Start to Upgrade" to continue:
When the RC upgrade is complete, the following screen will appear:
In order to update the firwmare on the aircraft, follow the instructions and go to http://www.dji.com/ and look for your specific Phantom and download the firmware.  It should be in a ".zip" file.
2017-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules