3761 15 2015-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mani
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2233904 ft
  • >>>
Romania

Good news for DJI owners looking for a waterproof hard case, especialy if they are located in Europe.So far the only custom cases ( not so may choices ) are sold in US, this is the first model made in Europe, by HPRC.
Really great company, own several of their products, and in my opinion HPRC has the best DJI case at the moment, their custom Phantom 2 case is a great product, really well made, solid but with a fine design.

http://www.plaberstore.com/en/catalog/detail/inspire-1-case

P.s I checked also AerialMedia custom cașe, which seems also to be a well designed product, but they do not offer international shipping at the moment, so if you're located in Europe or outside US you should try the HPRC case. They also offer international shipping and their online store is managed very well.
Have a look and decide for yourself !

2015-2-16
Use props
4Blades
lvl.2

United States

They make amazing cases! I have one for my Phantom2 its solid!
2015-2-16
Use props
MvH
lvl.1

Switzerland

what are the dimensions and weight? I couldn't find them on the link?
2015-2-16
Use props
pidetectives.ya
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
India

Do they make a case where the inspire  will fit in flight mode and the gimble on?
2015-2-16
Use props
klute
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45278055 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Hello.
Any good backpack alternatives?
2015-2-16
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

MvH Posted at 2015-2-17 00:25
what are the dimensions and weight? I couldn't find them on the link?

Just check HPRC website and look for the specifications of their 2730w model, only the inside foam is customised for Inspire 1. You can download their 2014-2015 cataloque, all the info you need is there.
2015-2-16
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

pidetectives.ya Posted at 2015-2-17 00:36
Do they make a case where the inspire  will fit in flight mode and the gimble on?

I don't think there's such a case at this moment on the market, and I doubt it will be available soon.
First of all, it would not be very practical, due to various reasons.

1. The gimbal connectivity is very fragile and requires a very careful handling. I would not choose to transport it atached to the Inspire, the safest way is to have it in its case, just like DJI decided to ship the product.

2. The "travel mode" of Inspire is a very clever way of engineering, in order to create space for extra accesories & gear, considering Inspire requires extra space in "fly mode". With "travel mode" activated, case manufactureurs can create cases with multiple levels of storage, just like HPRC case. And for this bird, considering it is aimed more to the proffesional aerial community, extra batterries, chargers & different other multiple accesories like fpv goggles, tablets etc are quite mandatory on every proffesional's gearlist.
2015-2-16
Use props
PaperPlane
lvl.3

United States

Check out Tradecraft cases. I am considering them. They are saying first shipments around March 5th.

http://www.tradecraftcases.com/product-p/ins1.htm
2015-2-16
Use props
mani
lvl.4
  • >>>
Romania

From what I see, this case is based on iSeries made by SKB. As a musician, I own several SKB products, from pedalboards to different flight cases, also they are the only company to make a flight case for Bose L1 individual amplification system. However, the products I have from HPRC are simply superior, as quality & aesthetics, in my opinion. And the multiple level storage offered by HPRC seems to be a better solution for me.
Thanks for sharing this info, I think a lot of people might be interested in this product, especcialy those interested in travelling with their Inspire in "flight mode".
2015-2-17
Use props
Plus Form
lvl.1

United Kingdom

The case looks fantastic. If the gimbal stays attached I hope its a snug fit, awesome if it does.
2015-2-17
Use props
AshInspire1
lvl.3

United Kingdom

this case looks awesome, but i hope it fits a mini iPad in. I think an order will be placed on this case instead of the peli one as this is an all in one really instead of the other when your carrying two cases with the inspire case slotted in.
2015-2-17
Use props
jrbonino.surewe
lvl.3

United States

pidetectives.ya Posted at 2015-2-17 00:36

It looks like this one will fit in flight mode.  If you look at the photos the arms are not in travel mode
2015-2-17
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm very curious if all the layers are glued.  See attached photo.  I have purchased cases like this with layers of foam that over time they shift around and then they are worthless.  Look above left battery in photo on the long narrow slot for your tablet and you will see the layers as apposed to one solid block of foam.  Not trying to be negative.  Just wanted to share my experience with similar setups.  "Buyers beware".   

2015-2-17
Use props
MvH
lvl.1

Switzerland

I would not ever transport the inspire with the gimbal on. I had a GPC for my phantom vision and the gimbal ripped off during air transport.
2015-2-17
Use props
MvH
lvl.1

Switzerland

What is the smallest Inspire case out there? The one that comes with the Inspire isn't bad in size, but I would like stronger material and better foam
2015-2-17
Use props
PaperPlane
lvl.3

United States

mani Posted at 2015-2-17 18:24
From what I see, this case is based on iSeries made by SKB. As a musician, I own several SKB product ...

Thanks for pointing that out. I am in Pro Video and have accumulated cases from Pelican, Hardigg (now owned by Pelican), Thermodyne, Anvil, Platt over the years. I do also have one SKB case (it was included with the Dana Dolly kit that I bought). I would have to agree that the SKB is a notch below the Pelican/Hardigg's that I own but it has certainly served the purpose and has held up to sometimes rough handling by other production crew over the past year. People will have to decide for themselves which combination of features and cost is most important to them.

The HPRC and Aerial Media Pros cases look like really good designs but I am personally leaning towards a case that will allow transport in flight mode (but with gimbal off) to allow for "location hopping" without the added pre-flight steps.
2015-2-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules